All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Per Adam Schefter. Look for Ted Larsen to take over at center.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:23 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Pouncey requested his release because team didn't want to do a long term extension.

Frees up $7 million.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:34 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

They're sure creating a lot of cap space. Wonder if it's just economics, or are they trying to make a splash again?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Pouncey requested his release because team didn't want to do a long term extension.

These players are delusional man.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am 

Some guys here are very happy about this move, I'm sure. Pouncey has been a polarizing figure. The reality is, he's an older player whose body is failing and can't practice, coming off of a mediocre year, that made a lot of money. It's understandable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Yeah I am fine with this. He was often hurt and going down hill. They are going to be lucky to win 4 games this year with or without Pouncey.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

So what will they do with bubble wrap they bought for him???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:56 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I don't mind this at all.

Larsen with a mid-rounder on Ragnow or later on Queesenberry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:00 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Goodm looks like we signed the center from the niners. This oline is now second to none.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:47 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Kilgore is not highly ranked as a center....but has to be better than an oft-injured Pouncey.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:49 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

New Dolphins center Daniel Kilgore was rated 23rd among all centers by PFF last season. Pouncey, who is being released, was rated 27th. Kilgore has started 39 of his last 41 appearances.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2764 ... round-pick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

amazing what a likely ultimatum from Ross can do to jerk this front office into action....ultimatum said, get serious, professional, tough minded, no nonsense, cheaper alternatives...and get this darn house of mine in order. Ross also added that he can wait a bit longer to win but in the meantime he demanded to clean up that damned clownish [expensive] lockeroom full of prima donnas and overpaid veterans with "names" but no productivity to match (Suh, Pouncey, Landry, etc...) and no leadership.

Sitton and Amendola alone will take over that lockeroom. Tough minded, serious as a heart attack veterans.

In a year or two these vets will be cycled out assuming the FO improves their drafting and those young ones coming in will arrive to a much improved culture and will be the leaders going forward.

And Gase is on the clock now. He's getting the roster he needed, so no more player giveaways, coach them up, it is after all the second most important word in your damned job title, with the first one saying you are the big kahuna, no. 1 on the totem pole, so now act like it. "Head Coach" doesn't mean run away from difficulties, you don't pass the buck, the buck stops with you.

I like the house cleaning, but.....they need one more. I know Alonso is impossible to cut due to the stupid contract he was given and consequently the cap hit but he's gotta be next, maybe next year. This guy simply can't play linebacker in the NFL.

Now, if we can somehow draft a QB in the 1st rd to take over by around November or so.

I can dream can't I?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

bobby0112 wrote:
New Dolphins center Daniel Kilgore was rated 23rd among all centers by PFF last season. Pouncey, who is being released, was rated 27th. Kilgore has started 39 of his last 41 appearances.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2764 ... round-pick

'Mando wrote this morning that once Garrapolo became quarterback that "Kilgore did not allow a sack or quarterback hit and his grade was among the NFL’s top 10 centers for that span of games."

I thought this was interesting ....

Armando Salguero wrote:
Look, suggesting the Pouncey move was part of the culture change is not correct. The Dolphins didn’t see Pouncey as a problem in the locker room. No, he wasn’t Branden Albert wise. But he was nonetheless an offensive line leader. The team saw him potentially as part of the solution.

Gase counted Pouncey as one of his prized players to the extent he still doesn’t like thinking about the idea of replacing Pouncey.

“That’s a tough one because I think Pouncey … It’s a tough word to use, ‘replace,’ “ Gase said. “I think when you have a guy that’s done as much for this organization as Mike has, I don’t know if you can really replace him.”

That’s real. Gase saying he appreciated Jarvis Landry’s contributions when he left was not quite real. This is different.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

How could the media get this entire thing wrong? I'm happy that we have Kilgore at center, but I wish Pouncey the best. We all knew last year that the Dolphins had to do something at center this year.

'Mando wrote:
Finally, some confusion exists so let’s clear things up: Although the Dolphins announced the Pouncey release first and then the Kilgore acquisition afterward, it was not the actual chronological order of things.

The Dolphins traded for Kilgore, then moved on from Pouncey.

Pouncey also wasn’t released after asking for a longer term contract, as he told one media outlet. The Dolphins offered Pouncey a pay cut, knowing he would decline and knowing he would then be released.

So maybe there is still some sting from this move because, again, Mike Pouncey is a good player. And no one has seen Kilgore take a snap in a Dolphins uniform.

So this could all go sideways for the Dolphins.

But the team did what it did because despite their initial plans to “roll with Pouncey,” as someone told me, the reasons to move on started mounting to the point a different path was ultimately taken.

“I know Daniel will come in here and really put his spin on that position,” Gase said. “He probably has some different traits that are strengths to him. We’ll just see how everything goes and how that group gels together, because really that’s what we’re looking for: To see if we can get those three interior guys working well together and see how well we can play this year.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:16 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

why they are dragging up these mean nothing topics is just a sign of the slow times in the off-season....they have to write something.....none of that stuff matters anymore....but if it has to be discussed, my take is the Dolphins are better off without Pouncey. He was a part of the going nowhere fast Dolphins, ever waiting for the oline to round into form, hoping that Pouncey, while costing far more than he was worth out on the field, could stay healthy (and effective).....they had to clean up the team's cap and cut salary for players that weren't making a difference on a team playing at a .500 level....Pouncey like Suh were sore thumbs sticking out on a team that needed fresh blood at a cheaper price...they could just as easily play .500 ball without them while saving money for the future and finding out if they could upgrade if not on the field at least in the lockeroom.

in the next couple of years the clean up has to continue, with McDonald, Wake, Branch, Alonso, Tannehill, and maybe Parker also taking a one way ticket outahere...hopefully Tennenbaum is also on that same train and while Gase may survive some of this in the short term he better start showing what he was hired to do, both in the lockeroom and on the field.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]