All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Thanks, Tanny. Also, it is great to have you back for another year.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Tannehill’s cap number goes from $19.8 million this year to approximately $8.6 million. The Dolphins are saving $11.2 million in cap space with the move.

It means the Dolphins most definitely plan to have Tannehill on the roster this year (we knew that) and the cost of cutting him in the next couple of years just got steeper. Cutting Tannehill in 2019 would save the Dolphins around $15.4 million instead of the $18.7 million originally scheduled while the dead money such a move would leave rises from $2.3 million to $5.6 million.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

RotoWorld wrote:
Ryan Tannehill has agreed to a restructured contract. $16.7 million of Tannehill's $17.475 million base salary has been converted to a "signing bonus" that will be pro-rated over the final three years of his contract. It's a classic cap maneuver, one that teams come to regret if they do it too many times.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:31 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Great moves with the guys restructuring to free up space. Looking like they are confident in moving forward with RT, so I am assuming he is 100% ready for OTA's

Rumor around that they are working out another extension for Wake that would lower his cap hit this year and keep him another season after...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Miami is aware they have no shot at trading up for a QB. The only thing they can do is hope Tannehill comes back healthy, puts up top 10 type numbers and the team makes the playoffs.

Look for a QB drafted in Round 3 or 4. Don't be surprised if Ja'Wuan James is dealt to get that pick for the QB. Miami will have Tunsil, Sitton (deal almost done), Pouncey, Larsen and Davis. They will also re-sign Sam Young. I know this isn't an o-line discussion but that is how they get their rookie QB in my opinion.

Cutting Tannehill in 2019 just got more expensive, but not by leaps and bounds. He is still on a 1 year prove it deal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:14 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

This will help speed up his reads.....Top ten here we come.

Maybe even better than Flacco now!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Gase is the only factor going into free agency and the draft that has me confident. Somewhat.

Kev1321 wrote:
This will help speed up his reads.....Top ten here we come.

Maybe even better than Flacco now!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

17. Right where he should be as QB of this team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Substitute Kilgore for Pouncey. I still think James is dealt for a late Day 2 or early Day 3 pick and it will be used on either Kyle Lauletta or Mike White. They also met with Luke Falk but the continued concerns about his arm strength make me wonder if he's any better than David Fales. Speaking of...

Miami re-signed David Fales yesterday. Probably enough confidence that he can start a couple of games if necessary. He didn't look bad in that Buffalo finale and he knows the offense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:33 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I still think James is dealt for a late Day 2 or early Day 3 pick and it will be used on either Kyle Lauletta or Mike White.

Outside of the Super Bowl I only watched about 5 hours of total football last season. Was James that bad?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jammer wrote:
I still think James is dealt for a late Day 2 or early Day 3 pick and it will be used on either Kyle Lauletta or Mike White.

Outside of the Super Bowl I only watched about 5 hours of total football last season. Was James that bad?

No. Miami wanted to keep him long term but he wouldn't sign the deal. As I said to Apatos (who I think is Zatrex) its just me connecting the dots. Miami is purging guys who won't take pay cuts or restructure to help them. James has trade value and Miami has been linked to at least one OT in the draft. Doesn't hurt that both Sam Young and Jesse Davis can start at RT for a fraction of the price.

Gase has been pretty critical of James, but I think its more so that James has the ability to be consistently good and isn't reaching that potential.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]