All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:20 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What are your thoughts on teams needing quarterbacks in the upcoming draft? Aside for Cousins, a lot of these players could be the starter while the team drafts a player to groom for the starting position.

RotoWorld wrote:
Cardinals - Sam Bradford
Cardinals signed QB Sam Bradford, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year, $20 million contract.

Vikings - Kirk Cousins
Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

Jets - Teddy Bridgewater
According to Bryant McFadden of CBSSports.com, the Jets are nearing a deal with Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

Broncos - Case Keenam
Broncos signed QB Case Keenum, formerly of the Vikings, to a two-year, $36 million contract.

Saints - Drew Brees
Saints re-signed Drew Brees to a two-year, $50 million contract.

Browns - Tyrod Taylor
Browns acquired QB Tyrod Taylor from the Bills in exchange for the No. 65 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Big Dave wrote:
What are your thoughts on teams needing quarterbacks in the upcoming draft? Aside for Cousins, a lot of these players could be the starter while the team drafts a player to groom for the starting position.

RotoWorld wrote:
Cardinals - Sam Bradford
Cardinals signed QB Sam Bradford, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year, $20 million contract.

Vikings - Kirk Cousins
Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

Jets - Teddy Bridgewater
According to Bryant McFadden of CBSSports.com, the Jets are nearing a deal with Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

Broncos - Case Keenam
Broncos signed QB Case Keenum, formerly of the Vikings, to a two-year, $36 million contract.

Saints - Drew Brees
Saints re-signed Drew Brees to a two-year, $50 million contract.

Browns - Tyrod Taylor
Browns acquired QB Tyrod Taylor from the Bills in exchange for the No. 65 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

http://www.rotoworld.com/
I'm hoping we draft Lauletta or Mike White.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
I'm hoping we draft Lauletta or Mike White.

I'll tell you someone who intrigues me: Lamar Jackson. He needs work with his mechanics, but he is a serious playmaker.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Saints...Drew Brees (could draft a qb)
Vikings...Kirk Cousins (need his back up)
Redskins...Alex Smith (Draft Falk or Mason in draft)
Browns...Tyrod Taylor (Draft Darnold or Mayfield or Allen)
Broncos...Case Keenum (Draft Mayfield or Rosen. Could pass because they're tring to win now.)
Cardinals...Sam Bradford (Draft a qb)
Jets...Josh McCown (Draft Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield could be signing Bridgewater and not go take a qb.)
Bills...? (Draft Allen or Jackson, but rumored to be trading for Nick Foles)
Chargers and Pittsburgh could draft qb's.

Miami keeps Tannehill. May draft Rosen if they stay at 1-11. Could move up for Mayfield. Could draft Lauretta, Falk, or White in round 2-3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:59 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Im happy with 17. Nice to have our guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

All band aids for now

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:09 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Sam Bradford is an absolute ****ing thief.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Tannehill would be hard to replace.....None of those guys are anywhere near as good.....Only guy close is Tyrod and he is over paid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:
Tannehill would be hard to replace.....None of those guys are anywhere near as good.....Only guy close is Tyrod and he is over paid.

Some fans seem to believe we can just draft a QB and bing bang boom, he's the new franchise guy....

I was a fan in the 2000-2011 era, and I can assure you the QB position is surely not that simple to fill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

According to local radio, (Maine -- where I'm shoveling and plowing out from under a fresh 2 feet of snow), the Pats have offered AJ McCarron a contract. No news on it being accepted yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Some fans seem to believe we can just draft a QB and bing bang boom, he's the new franchise guy....

I was a fan in the 2000-2011 era, and I can assure you the QB position is surely not that simple to fill

You must have missed Jay Feidler then...3 ten plus win seasons in 4 years..

Im not sure the ever so consistent Tannehill can match that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

We're comparing Fiedler versus Tannehill? Come on. Can't compare the era Fiedler played in versus today.

I know yards are big factors in Kev's arguments so the Fiedler led passing attacks ranked 27th, 19th, 26th and 26th while the team won 11, 11, 9 and 10 games.

Defense ranks (points allowed and yards allowed) in those years:

3rd and 6th
11th and 5th
4th and 3rd
3rd and 10th

Wannstedt wasted an almost historically good defense on Fiedler. I don't think Miami wasted a good coach or great defense on Tannehill, but that doesn't mean he was some sort of franchise savior other. Good QB who needs a good supporting cast, not a guy who lifts a franchise.

Tannehill has a middle of the road starter contract right now and its a series of 1 year deals. Bradford just signed for more and that guy has played about as many game as Tannehill in the last 2 years.

Ben Albright is reporting that Miami is looking to trade up to the 4 spot to get either Rosen or Mayfield. I'd have to think Tannehill is used in some way to make that happen, I just don't know which team is likely to make a trade for him.

You could hypothetically send him off, save $15 million, and spend maybe $10 million of that on AJ McCarron as a bridge to your rookie. I think the fact that he is still sitting around shows the league doesn't view him as a long term viable starter. I'm not sure I see a franchise who is going to give you a 1st or even multiple 2nds for Tannehill now. Ship seems to have sailed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Just to follow that up, I think Miami would have parted ways with Tannehill already if they intended to bring in another veteran QB. He's going to be the Game 1 starter barring an injury.

Now what would be interesting is if Miami does pull off drafting Mayfield and another team loses their starter to injury ala Teddy Bridgewater 2 years ago. Could Mikey T send Tannehill for a 1st and 4th?

Also, if I'm Miami I'd get a little aggressive inking McCarron to a deal if possible. He has some swagger and could push Tannehill. Eagles did okay having Nick Foles in the bullpen so why not have that security.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Jay was doing well from 2000-2003, not really sure why, but the Dolphins went into the tank in 2004 for some reason... Jay and Feeley were sharing starts for some reason as well...

:fart:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:32 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Tannehill has been far better. We've been spoiled by 17 and his team friendly contract.

Our offense is a top ten potential with him behind center..That's not easy to find.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Tannehill has been far better. We've been spoiled by 17 and his team friendly contract.

Our offense is a top ten potential with him behind center..That's not easy to find.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Now what would be interesting is if Miami does pull off drafting Mayfield and another team loses their starter to injury ala Teddy Bridgewater 2 years ago. Could Mikey T send Tannehill for a 1st and 4th?

I don’t believe T Hill would net you a 1st.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jammer wrote:

I don’t believe T Hill would net you a 1st.

Have to consider the scenario - basically a team with no backup and an unreal defense. Bradford never played well enough to warrant a late 1st but it happened.

Regardless, Miami just restructured Tannehill's contract. He isn't going anywhere this year. He is Miami's QB for better or worse. I have a feeling if healthy he could have a really nice season. I also think this signals that Miami doesn't expect the chance to get a 1st Round QB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Kev1321 wrote:

It actually does if it they don't have to scheme 1 or 2 guys to get the ball on a high level. There was an interesting piece I read on Landry about how they had to scheme him open rather than let plays happen naturally. That is part of the reason, supposedly, why they let him go.

As for Tannehill, I think he's good enough to run a top 10 offense and get a team to the playoffs. But the bigger question is, as always, is that good enough? Do you want a lightning in a bottle Joe Flacco who hits a hot streak, or a true elite QB? When pieces leave we see what happens to guys like Flacco and Andy Dalton. I wish I had an answer on how Miami can find the next elite guy. Also consider that when you have that elite guy they eventually cost so much that you have to guy your team (see Brees in New Orleans or Rivers in LA). Pittsburgh is different because they seem to draft very well and New England has some deal with Brady where he must be reaping millions in retirement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

As I've said several times before, I would have traded everything to get Sam Darnold. I'm still not sure on Baker Mayfield, but everyone else appears to be seeing something I'm not. So no, I'm not "all in" on Tannehill, but I'll support him until he's either benched or on another team.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:56 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Tannehill is way better than Flacco.

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]