Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Good-bye Cody
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:09 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What I don't get is that Grier and Gase really wanted Parkey to where they were waiting for him to be available after cuts last year, but didn't sign him to a longterm contract that wouldn't have cost a lot. I can live with losing Parkey, but he was our best kicker in quite a long time.

PFT wrote:
The Bears continued their aggressive early work in free agency, and they just have to hope it works out better than last year’s.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Bears are signing Dolphins kicker Cody Parkey.

The Bears finished up last year with Mike Nugent, but only after they plowed through a number of other alternatives.

In Parkey, they found a young (26) and accurate (21-of-23 field goals last year) kicker, which could offer some stability.

The Bears have also struck deals with wide receiver Allen Robinson and tight end Trey Burton, which seems encouraging. But after General Manager Ryan Pace struck out last year with Mike Glennon and Markus Wheaton, he needs to be right this offseason or he won’t get to make many more splurges.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... dy-parkey/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Post subject: Re: Good-bye Cody
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

And this could actually be the worst move on the off-season.... Although almost 4 million a year is a pretty good score for him.

Post subject: Re: Good-bye Cody
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ya I just don’t get what the front office is doing. I wonder if they plan on tanking the next two years with a roster purge cap clearing so they can rebuild like the Browns have? There are holes in that theory, but I’m at a loss for what they are up to.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]