Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pretty strong stuff....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:38 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree with most of it. I am not particularly fond of Pouncey's game, he's become probably less than average, Steen filled in for him in 2016 when we had a 1k rusher and he did good, and would be major cheap. Don't know the consequences of cutting Pouncey but hey.....for a couple of years, until we find someone better and still cheaper.

And this guy went far, an Interesting take on Kelly of the Sun.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/3/12/ ... reat-again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Phinsider has a lot of good quality articles to real; however, this is a fan article and it reads like one. It would be like Tommy writing a blog for phinfever.

BTW, he is 100% correct about Omar. He does like to stir the pot. Don't the Bears need a blog writer with Omar's qualification?

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

[quote="carreramia"]I agree with most of it. I am not particularly fond of Pouncey's game, he's become probably less than average, Steen filled in for him in 2016 when we had a 1k rusher and he did good, and would be major cheap. Don't know the consequences of cutting Pouncey but hey.....for a couple of years, until we find someone better and still cheaper.

You know yourself that I've been calling for Pouncey's departure myself ever since he was seen wearing the free Hernandez cap. I also didn't like that the Dolphins blackballed Incognito and fired an OL coach for Bullygate, but gave Pouncey a free pass, even though he was just as involved. Aside from the off-field stuff, I believe PFF had him rated as one of the worst in run-blocking. I know Brendel did a much better job of it than Pouncey, the few plays I saw of him replacing him. Bottom line, we're paying Pouncey a ton of money, and what he gives us in return is simply not worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:08 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Relive1972 wrote:
carreramia wrote:
I agree with most of it. I am not particularly fond of Pouncey's game, he's become probably less than average, Steen filled in for him in 2016 when we had a 1k rusher and he did good, and would be major cheap. Don't know the consequences of cutting Pouncey but hey.....for a couple of years, until we find someone better and still cheaper.

You know yourself that I've been calling for Pouncey's departure myself ever since he was seen wearing the free Hernandez cap. I also didn't like that the Dolphins blackballed Incognito and fired an OL coach for Bullygate, but gave Pouncey a free pass, even though he was just as involved. Aside from the off-field stuff, I believe PFF had him rated as one of the worst in run-blocking. I know Brendel did a much better job of it than Pouncey, the few plays I saw of him replacing him. Bottom line, we're paying Pouncey a ton of money, and what he gives us in return is simply not worth it.

Can't say I disagree. They are house cleaning, might as well go all the way, including the front office, all of them, outahere! Let Gase get "his" team. You and me can do it and go 6-10 and save Ross a bunch of money in the process. I'll do it for a dollar, I know you'll be tough to get but we'll go all the way to $5 for you.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]