Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:37 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Quote:
Danny Amendola is staying in the AFC East... expected to sign with Miami Dolphins per source.

https://twitter.com/danhellie/status/97 ... 25984?s=21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finally we will get them back for Welker

:yay: :workit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I never thought he was that great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

uuggghh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's official.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola

Check this out ....

https://twitter.com/PhinsiderRadio/stat ... 9660440576

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
It's official.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Suh to the Pats? This has to be bizzarro world

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

I don’t see it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:29 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:

Only if Belicheat is desperate to retire shortly. Maybe he wants revenge on our quarterbacks. Our defensive line has been beating Brady up since Jason Taylor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:40 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

10acjed wrote:

Because he’s white? Amendola is no Welker. And there is no excuse other than outright sabotage or stupidity to pay Wilson and Amendola when you could have paid a far superior athlete and producer in Landry.

Upside is I have a real challenge at rebuilding the phins in Madden. They will be the lowest rated team for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

ggippo wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Because he’s white? Amendola is no Welker. And there is no excuse other than outright sabotage or stupidity to pay Wilson and Amendola when you could have paid a far superior athlete and producer in Landry.

Upside is I have a real challenge at rebuilding the phins in Madden. They will be the lowest rated team for sure.
I don't see it that way but everyone has their opinion. Amendola is savvy, tough and productive in his role. His deal has always been staying healthy. I don't mind this signing at all. Haven't seen the money involved yet though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:09 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
ggippo wrote:
10acjed wrote:

I don't see it that way but everyone has their opinion. Amendola is savvy, tough and productive in his role. His deal has always been staying healthy. I don't mind this signing at all. Haven't seen the money involved yet though.

Hey I got nothing for people who think that signing Wilson and Amendola instead of Landry makes any since at all. That ridiculous opinion speaks on its own. Top to bottom this is gonna be the worst roster in the NFL. Go ahead and find a worse one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:16 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

The Fins have sucked every year Landry has been here and he surely didn't make this roster anything to crow about.....I'm glad he's out of here, with his me-me penchant for PF and $16m..just taking Amendola away from NE is a win...if Edelman gets hurt again NE will struggle....if Amendola is healthy here what's so hard about catching a bunch of 8 yard passes?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:43 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Nuts and bolts of the contract.

RotoWorld wrote:
Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Danny Amendola, formerly of the Patriots, to a two-year, $12 million contract. The deal reportedly includes $8.25 million guaranteed. After waiting 11 years, the Dolphins are finally taking their revenge for the Patriots poaching Wes Welker. "Playoff Danny" is joining a crowded receiver room in Miami that now includes DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant in addition to Amendola. Having Amendola available in the slot could free up Wilson to play more on the outside. Coach Adam Gase will be happy to have so many bodies at receiver but it's going to make for a nightmare situation in fantasy football. 32-year-old Amendola has appeared in more than 12 games just three times since 2010.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:47 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

ggippo wrote:
there is no excuse other than outright sabotage or stupidity to pay Wilson and Amendola when you could have paid a far superior athlete and producer in Landry.

This has to be simply for the fact of bringing in a successful player from a SB team and hoping he can teach the younger players about team.

Agree, this signing and the Wilson signing seems really weird. Kinda backs up the point. Miami does not have a long term plan, its lets throw this up against the wall and see what sticks. Plus Amerdola is prone to missing games, so I look at this as just another over paying for avg. player contract.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:50 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
just taking Amendola away from NE is a win...if Edelman gets hurt again NE will struggle....if Amendola is healthy here what's so hard about catching a bunch of 8 yard passes?
You are funny. In NE its next man up and they perform. NE will not miss Amendola for one sec.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:52 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
After waiting 11 years, the Dolphins are finally taking their revenge for the Patriots poaching Wes Welker. "Playoff Danny" is joining a crowded receiver room in Miami that now includes DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant in addition to Amendola. Having Amendola available in the slot could free up Wilson to play more on the outside. Coach Adam Gase will be happy to have so many bodies at receiver but it's going to make for a nightmare situation in fantasy football. 32-year-old Amendola has appeared in more than 12 games just three times since 2010.

Only difference is. Welker was blossoming. Amendola is riding out a mediocre career.

The signing of Amendola & Wilson pretty much proves Miami is walking away from Grant & Carroo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:18 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:
just taking Amendola away from NE is a win...if Edelman gets hurt again NE will struggle....if Amendola is healthy here what's so hard about catching a bunch of 8 yard passes?
You are funny. In NE its next man up and they perform. NE will not miss Amendola for one sec.

They're bound to runout of Next Man...someone should also take their LOT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:21 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Quote:
Only difference is. Welker was blossoming. Amendola is riding out a mediocre career.
The signing of Amendola & Wilson pretty much proves Miami is walking away from Grant & Carroo.

Agreed, about Amendola. I really don't understand that signing at all, because he isn't going to get any better, being on the wrong side of 30. This is like signing Timmons last year.

Now, I don't mind the Wilson signing so much, because he at least has room to grow. But he and Amendola won't be on the field at the same time, so how can the two of them be better for us than Landry. I don't get that at all.

I think Grant will still be here. His speed is special and we don't have much of it. I am disappointed in Caroo, all the way around. He was supposedly the Anquin Bolden type who was going to come in and eventually make Landry expendable, but he has shown nothing like what he did at Rutgers. Plus, we gave up a valuable pick to move up and draft him! In the third round!

Quite simply, we have been losing games in the offseason for several years now, both in the draft and free agency. Winning franchises (Pittsburgh and New England) let decent players go at certain positions (like OL, LB, and WR) when they become too expensive, and they replace them with young cheap players they drafted and developed. Losing franchises replace expensive players with other expensive, older players who are on their downside (Timmons, Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Amendola, Byron Maxwell), because they didn't draft well enough to replace from within.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Killing the Pats who are definetly on the decline.
I dont want to hear that he is a cheater or cannot stay healthy.
He is a Dolphin now ... All class and our strength and conditioning program will keep him healthy.
Plus now with a real QB feeding him the rock you can expect big things.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ggippo wrote:
Hey I got nothing for people who think that signing Wilson and Amendola instead of Landry makes any since at all. That ridiculous opinion speaks on its own. Top to bottom this is gonna be the worst roster in the NFL. Go ahead and find a worse one.

Or maybe you are over emotional and haven’t used any pragmatic thought regarding paying a slot receiver, as good as he is, $14/yr.

Stop being dramatic. As bad as Dolphin football has been the last 20 years you can still find a lot worse. I am not as big on Amendola as most but I have no problem paying him less than half what Landry was demanding IF they invest wisely elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:29 pm 

ggippo wrote:
k-dash wrote:
ggippo wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Well there you have it. Not yet to the first day of free agency, much less the draft, and you can already tell that. Impressive.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Now, I don't mind the Wilson signing so much, because he at least has room to grow. But he and Amendola won't be on the field at the same time, so how can the two of them be better for us than Landry. I don't get that at all.

I am disappointed in Caroo, all the way around. He was supposedly the Anquin Bolden type who was going to come in and eventually make Landry expendable, but he has shown nothing like what he did at Rutgers. Plus, we gave up a valuable pick to move up and draft him! In the third round![/quote]

You are forgetting that Parker will somewhere along the line, in camp, in preseason, in some game, will pull up lame, or even if healthy will not play to his talent level. He'll surely miss time so Wilson will more than cover for him probably. Parker is another disappointment in the making but it isn't his fault, that's who he is, the front office screwed up, didn't do their homework, took a chance. Same with Carroo. It isn't his fault that this idiot TennenBUM gave up so much to get him. Carroo never said he was the next "Anquan Boldin", it was all those innane draft "gurus" that put that label on him.

If Tannehill can avoid throwing Amendola into the concussion protocol by throwing the ball late and behind into a trio of linebackers, Amendola should be an asset. He's a real competitor, old school. He gives 1000% on every play, he's clutch, and he will get open, that is of course if our QB Whisperer don't mess him up and mis-use him. That simpleton offense QBW rolls out there on Sundays? Amendola will laugh. He should tell young Gase what the playbook should be like.

Him and Wilson are upgrades to this piss poor receiving corps. They have been nothing but potential never realized. I see both Wilson and Amendola lining up inside getting open. It was time for Landry to go, way too expensive for this team that would be going nowhere with him plus he often hurt the team with his immature behavior. Amendola could teach him a thing or two about being a professional.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If he gets hurt with Brady throwing the ball he will be done by week 4 with rt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bad signing. Another player that is over the hill and injury prone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
The Fins have sucked every year Landry has been here and he surely didn't make this roster anything to crow about.....I'm glad he's out of here, with his me-me penchant for PF and $16m..just taking Amendola away from NE is a win...if Edelman gets hurt again NE will struggle....if Amendola is healthy here what's so hard about catching a bunch of 8 yard passes?

Winning the offseason the Dolphin way!

....seriously though, you could take a picture of these threads and just insert a different year and different names. Things never really change, just more of the same.
We can spin a bad thing into a good thing as good as any fan base out there!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phin wrote:

....seriously though, you could take a picture of these threads and just insert a different year and different names. Things never really change, just more of the same.

We need a "Like Button"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Bad signing. Another player that is over the hill and injury prone.

Unless he's the mentor of the WR group.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Phin wrote:

We need a "Like Button"

We do have one ... sort of. It's this:

:yay:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

carreramia wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:

They're bound to runout of Next Man...someone should also take their LOT

No they won’t because they know how to draft and manage their cap.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:21 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ggippo wrote:

Or maybe you are over emotional and haven’t used any pragmatic thought regarding paying a slot receiver, as good as he is, $14/yr.

Stop being dramatic. As bad as Dolphin football has been the last 20 years you can still find a lot worse. I am not as big on Amendola as most but I have no problem paying him less than half what Landry was demanding IF they invest wisely elsewhere.

Here’s a pragmatic thought for you. Pay the best players, don’t overpay reaches. Keep your personal opinion out of business decisions. Simple enough? Next year tennenbaum will be gone, and the part of his legacy that will sting the most? Letting a hall a famer walk for a 4th round pick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:22 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
ggippo wrote:
k-dash wrote:
ggippo wrote:

Well there you have it. Not yet to the first day of free agency, much less the draft, and you can already tell that. Impressive.

That’s how bad it is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:11 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Hopefully he plays the second eight games and not the first.....We can use him for the playoff run.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:03 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

carreramia wrote:

If Tannehill can avoid throwing Amendola into the concussion protocol by throwing the ball late and behind into a trio of linebackers, Amendola should be an asset. He's a real competitor, old school. He gives 1000% on every play, he's clutch, and he will get open, that is of course if our QB Whisperer don't mess him up and mis-use him. That simpleton offense QBW rolls out there on Sundays? Amendola will laugh. He should tell young Gase what the playbook should be like.

Him and Wilson are upgrades to this piss poor receiving corps. They have been nothing but potential never realized. I see both Wilson and Amendola lining up inside getting open. It was time for Landry to go, way too expensive for this team that would be going nowhere with him plus he often hurt the team with his immature behavior. Amendola could teach him a thing or two about being a professional.

I can't believe you are so keen on Amendola. Aren't you the same person who didn't like Wes Welker -- called him a "systems guy." We gave him away to the Patriots for Samson Satele, and you cheered. He went on to have a Hall of Fame career with the Patriots. As I recall, you called him "creamy legs" or something like that! Amendola is the kind of player I have always likes, not you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:

He was just a role player in NE.... They would run a handful of plays every game for...

His snaps are carefully watched until the need him...Weather it be a return or 3rd down...He is not any every down guy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dphins4me wrote:

Ha! LOT Nate Solder gone to the NYG...way to go G-Men! Brady's blind side protector gone! Let's see Next Man cover for Solder and Amendola and Dion Lewis and Malcom Butler....four very key players on that team. Bellicheat better have many, many Next Man sitting around......Fins may not be ready to exploit the methodical collapse of The Franchise From Hell, but the Jets and Bills are making their moves.

Oh, how sweet it is.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:

LOT Nate Solder gone to the NYG...way to go G-Men! Brady's blind side protector gone! Let's see Next Man cover for Solder and Amendola and Dion Lewis and Malcom Butler....four very key players on that team. Bellicheat better have many, many Next Man sitting around......Fins may not be ready to exploit the methodical collapse of The Franchise From Hell, but the Jets and Bills are making their moves.

Oh, how sweet it is.

Solder was the next man up when Light retired. Lewis & Amendola were found on the scrap heap and NE made their career. Butler was found as a UDFA.

People have been calling for the decline of NE for the last 5 yrs. I will believe it when it happens, until then. I expect them to be the team they have been the last 17 yrs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:30 pm 

Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:

LOT Nate Solder gone to the NYG...way to go G-Men! Brady's blind side protector gone! Let's see Next Man cover for Solder and Amendola and Dion Lewis and Malcom Butler....four very key players on that team. Bellicheat better have many, many Next Man sitting around......Fins may not be ready to exploit the methodical collapse of The Franchise From Hell, but the Jets and Bills are making their moves.

Oh, how sweet it is.

Solder was the next man up when Light retired. Lewis & Amendola were found on the scrap heap and NE made their career. Butler was found as a UDFA.

People have been calling for the decline of NE for the last 5 yrs. I will believe it when it happens, until then. I expect them to be the team they have been the last 17 yrs.
Sad but exactly right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:07 pm 

Actually they have been in a decline. Its just that no other team in the division has stepped up. I think that might be about to change.
But we will see. Quietly they are starting to sign some guys. This is usually when BB gets some bargains. But it does seem the mystique is fading. All things come to an end. But im not sure we will see a dynasty like this again. (Unless we fire Tannenbaum)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:00 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

it is perfectly understandable to think that no matter what we see happening in NE, things that would derail most teams, still won't be enough to stop their run, but it has to happen, at some point, sooner or later, it just can't go on forever, and I'm hedging that out of all the previous times this, today, is the nearest we've been to the real beginning of the end...Brady for all his greatness and hocus-pocus diet and conditioning regimen is slowing down, losing another coordinator will have its effect, if there's anything at all to the stories of friction or disagreement or whatever between Bellichick and the owner, and losing all these key players, it all has to add up to something good for the rest of us.

Otherwise if despite all of this, if that machine keeps on ticking, then there is absolutely no doubt that they reached a pact with the devil and I will demand an investigation by the NFL. And if anybody can talk the devil's game it has to be Goodell. Sic'em boy!

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next