All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:58 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

How does Andre Branch who averages 4 sacks a season get 10 million, and Robert Quinn who hasn’t hit double digit sacks since 2014 get 11 million, and the Dolphins let Landry, who could have been in the Ring of Honor one day, walk. This front office is trash. Their record is trash. Chris Grier has never been part of a winning Dolphins culture and he’s been here since 06. The drafting resume is trash, and the good players they do draft, they don’t keep! Vernon gone, Miller gone, Ajayi gone, Rishard Matthews gone, Clay gone, James soon to be gone. It’s pathetic enough that since 2012 the list is so small, but even worse that the cap management is so awful they can’t keep anyone. I’ve already started phasing myself out this season but now I’m done with these losers. And I was there in the stadium when the dolphins hit rock bottom!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:08 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

While I don't necessarily disagree with your overall premise I'm going to paraphrase Chris Koufman in regards to Landry. He mentioned last year the ground game got better when a hot headed, demanding Ajayi was dealt and thinks the same may happen for the passing game with Landry gone. It may open up the offense. Again, this is hypothetical, nothing more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:49 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

It hasn't all been negative........despite being injury riddled, they made the Playoffs in '16. It's not Tannenbaum/Grier's fault the offense is jumping offsides and holding every other play. There's not too many Teams that are going to be competitive when their starting QB goes down in the Preseason. There was a lot hype that Cutler was an improvement over Tanny.........that obviously was not the case.

I'll reserve judgement until December.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:58 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

ggippo wrote:
How does Andre Branch who averages 4 sacks a season get 10 million, and Robert Quinn who hasn’t hit double digit sacks since 2014 get 11 million, and the Dolphins let Landry, who could have been in the Ring of Honor one day, walk. This front office is trash. Their record is trash. Chris Grier has never been part of a winning Dolphins culture and he’s been here since 06. The drafting resume is trash, and the good players they do draft, they don’t keep! Vernon gone, Miller gone, Ajayi gone, Rishard Matthews gone, Clay gone, James soon to be gone. It’s pathetic enough that since 2012 the list is so small, but even worse that the cap management is so awful they can’t keep anyone. I’ve already started phasing myself out this season but now I’m done with these losers. And I was there in the stadium when the dolphins hit rock bottom!

The brass covet other teams players. Its why Miami is avg, but up against the cap.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:03 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:
It hasn't all been negative........despite being injury riddled, they made the Playoffs in '16. It's not Tannenbaum/Grier's fault the offense is jumping offsides and holding every other play. There's not too many Teams that are going to be competitive when their starting QB goes down in the Preseason. There was a lot hype that Cutler was an improvement over Tanny.........that obviously was not the case.

I'll reserve judgement until December.

I know what you are saying, but the Eagles just won the SB with a backup QB playing the last three games and the playoffs.

Why?

The coach adjusted to his backup Qbs ability, not continue trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Miami has not had a young QB in waiting since Scott Mitchell.

I've said this since Shula left. Any coach coming to Miami checks his testicles at the city limits and picks them back up on his way out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:26 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

It is Grier’s fault that they overpay too many players. When you look at their cap distribution it’s obviously top heavy on overpaid average talent, which destroys their depth because they can’t pay decent mid range salaries. They were never gonna keep Landry, otherwise they wouldnt have signed Branch to a bloated contract and traded for Quinn. Meanwhile plenty of teams are picking up pass rushing talent in the early mid rounds of the draft, flush with edge talent, and paying to keep their franchise players.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:45 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:
It hasn't all been negative........despite being injury riddled, they made the Playoffs in '16.

We beat 1 team that finished with a winning record, Pitt, who then destroyed us in the wild card round

:headscratch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:35 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Considering the Team was devastated by injury and hadn't made the playoffs since '08, I'll count the '16 season as a success. In case you haven't been around, the Phins haven't been to the SuperBowl since '84 and haven't won a Superbowl since the '73 season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:31 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:
Considering the Team was devastated by injury and hadn't made the playoffs since '08, I'll count the '16 season as a success. In case you haven't been around, the Phins haven't been to the SuperBowl since '84 and haven't won a Superbowl since the '73 season.

Oh it was a huge success, and we all loved it... Much like the 08 unicorn season....

:yay:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

shularino wrote:

They did have the longest streak of playoff appearances at one point

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

You all do know that Tannenbaum is widely regarded as one of the worst NFL executives right?

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]