All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

It is being reported by Denver's Mike Klis that the Broncos want to trade for a tackle and James is their preferred target.

I had a feeling he might be trade bait when I heard some surprise names would be on the move.

Again its just rumors at this point, but we've already seen Alec Ogletree and Michael Bennett get traded today.

It was also hinted by Chris Koufman that the lack of good pass rushers in both the draft and free agency might open the door for Miami to deal Andre Branch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Dealing Branch would make more sense than James, if there would be any team willing to take his contract. James may not be a pro bowler but he's a functional warm body, which is hard to come by on our line.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:01 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

agree....if somebody is dumb enough to want Branch and his bloated contract, and gives us anything, a gallon of milk even, it would be very much appreciated....it would give the no. 1 from last year at least some playing time to rest Quinn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If they can trade James. It's a win. Considering.. I think they are going to cut him otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:38 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

jammer wrote:
It is being reported by Denver's Mike Klis that the Broncos want to trade for a tackle and James is their preferred target.

It was also hinted by Chris Koufman that the lack of good pass rushers in both the draft and free agency might open the door for Miami to deal Andre Branch.

Between injuries and the fact that the rotation for DL includes a lot of bodies, it is nice to have 4 quality DEs right now, but given the high proportion of our salary cap that we are spending on the DL, I can see trying to move Branch. What is his cap number, and what else could we get for that amount?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:24 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

there's a cap web site that has all the teams and all the players and Branch if dealt before June 1 the Fins would carry $4m in dead money and $6m in cap savings....after June 1 it's $2m and $8m respectively. Now, that would be a deal that I wouldn't complain about, especially having Quinn and Harris the no. 1 pick who both play the RDE position and need playing time to justify how they got here. But who, other than the Dolphins would be dumb enough to make that deal? Ross would have to throw in a beach front condo and a 150' yatch ...and we would still have to wash Branch's jock strap after games.

If we dump JuWan James we would save over $9m in cap space, but c'mon, if we do that we are left with zero draft picks from 13 and 14 and only Thill, Pouncey and Reshad Jones from the 10, 11 and 12 drafts! Three players , none a difference maker, from 5 of the most recent 8 drafts!!??....and we wonder why our wait counter is 45 years and counting. James may not be all that but given our oline history and THill's new weakened condition I would try to keep him until they have something better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Has a decision been made on Ja’Wuan James?

Sure seems that way based on James’ social media activity.

James, the Dolphins right tackle owed $9.3 million in 2018, posted the following message on Instagram to fellow Miami lineman Laremy Tunsil on Tuesday:

“We got some unfinished business to take care of.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/m ... 46284.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I've never been a huge Ju'Wuan James fan, especially when we reached in the first round and drafted him, but it didn't make a lot of sense getting rid of him since he was our best offensive lineman last year. He has slowly improved each year. He is back for another year. Hopefully we've signed him to a 3 year contract.

PFT wrote:
It appears Ja’Wuan James is staying in Miami. In an Instagram post Tuesday afternoon, the Dolphins right tackle wrote “we got some unfinished business to take care of.”

James was scheduled to make $9.34 million in the option year of his rookie deal, a price the team apparently didn’t want to pay as Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reported Monday the Dolphins had presented James with a contract offer.

The Broncos inquired about a potential trade for James, but the Dolphins told Denver they were keeping him, Mike Klis of Denver’s 9News reports.

So it appears the former first-round pick will remain in Miami, but at what price?

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]