Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Landry for Howard?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:29 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bears-dolphins-discussing-jordan-howard-jarvis-landry-trade-195947141.html

Hmmm....I would want a pick as well. (Trade discussed is a swap of firsts) Why Howard with the emergence of Drake and tons of talent in the draft?

Post subject: Re: Landry for Howard?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Who the hell is Jordan Howard?

I believe the staff is confident in Drake’s future with the team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Howard is a serious RB......'16: 1313 yds / 5.2 avg......'17: 1122 yds / 4.1 avg. He also has 2 more years under his rookie contract. Phins would move to 8 from 11 in the 1st round and give up their 3rd.

Sounds like a great deal for the Phins, but does Landry want to play in the Chicago cold with a rebuilding team, unproven QB, competing against the Vikes & Packers every year? We'll see if it's all about the $$?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:21 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
We'll see if it's all about the $$?

First off let me say that I love the way Landry plays and would hate to see him in another uniform. BUT, I am so tired of hearing these overpriced athletes talk about giving up their body and needing a big payday to take care of their families. 13 million for 4 years would take care of my family. And giving up their bodies...PLEASE! How about joining the service and see how real men give up their body for pennies compared to his contract!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:44 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm not very excited about this deal. There are a bunch of RBs in this draft that could be under contract cheaply for 4 years. Howard is really good, but last year at times he looked like he was running with boots on. Why would Chicago trade a guy that productive on a team-friendly contract? For a slot receiver?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I am fine with that trade. Jordan Howard is very good. Fix our crap offensive line and with Howard and Drake, you will have a devastating running back tandem. I think many teams see Landry as something more than a slot receiver. Since our QB gets under 1.5 seconds to throw, it is hard to evaluate receiving talent. Landry had a pedestrian ypc average this year, but how much of that was because the QB had no time to throw? Also, I love Landry’s heart, but he cost the team dearly with a bunch of stupid penalties because of a lack of discipline and focus.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:02 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

This from Matthew Cannata's twitter acct:

Quote:
"Despite the excitement of a possible trade, numerous reports are now saying that a Jordan Howard for Jarvis Landry swap will not happen"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

k-dash wrote:
This from Matthew Cannata's twitter acct:

Quote:
"Despite the excitement of a possible trade, numerous reports are now saying that a Jordan Howard for Jarvis Landry swap will not happen"

darn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:19 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Landry agreed to sign the Franchise Tag.......no one expected him to sit out a year.

This is probably the best deal the Phins are going to get, moving up 3 spots in the first round, puts the Phins in prime contention for the Top O Lineman or Linebacker. Plus a RB that's worth a 3rd round pick.

If this doesn't go through, it will be interesting to hear why. I doubt the Bears are on Landry's Top 10 list. There's few teams willing to pay $14M+/year, we'll have to see if Landry will go to any of them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Keep Landry, give him the money. We resigned Alonso, why not Landry? Your not going to get what he is worth in a trade. His numbers would be far greater in a competent offense. Imagine hum playing for the Pats, or the Eagles. He’d be putting up insane numbers. He has stood out in this league while playing in an anemic offense. That’s says a lot. The guy has the ability to change a game. Keep him!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Outside of the Super Bowl I might have watched an hour of football throughout the 2017 season. I never heard this Howard guy’s name until now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:54 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Outside of the Super Bowl I might have watched an hour of football throughout the 2017 season. I never heard this Howard guy’s name until now.

Wow! How's that even possible? He's a stud. But it's all moot, deal isn't happening.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dolphin Dad wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Wow! How's that even possible? He's a stud. But it's all moot, deal isn't happening.

Apparently I’ve really been out of it. Oh well. No skin off my back.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]