View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 In TSN, JT predicts Cameron Wake will "bust out this season" 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post In TSN, JT predicts Cameron Wake will "bust out this season"
Brian Biggane wrote:
This week’s issue of The Sporting News includes a 14-page preview of NFL training camps that kicks off with a feature on Cameron Wake, whose development this season is one of the keys to improving on the Dolphins’ 22nd-ranked defense of a year ago.

Perhaps the most intriguing part of the story is a sidebar entitled, “3 Reasons Cameron Wake Will Bust Out This Season,” as offered by Jason Taylor. In his summation, Taylor is quoted as saying, “I think maybe five years from now, maybe one year from now, people in Miami will quickly forget about me and talk about Cameron Wake because I think he has that kind of talent.”

When we asked first-year linebacker coach Bill Sheridan about Wake at the May mini-camp, he responded, “Cameron can be a dynamic pass rusher. Exceptionally dynamic. We just want to make sure he’s well-rounded and can play on every play, be a quality run stopper and at least an adequate guy in coverage. He has a unique talent; he is an outstanding pass rusher.”

While Wake only had 11 tackles in limited action, half of those (5.5) were sacks, ranking him fourth on the team in that category. He also had one pass defensed and one forced fumble.

Expanding that unique talent into an all-around quality outside linebacker will be Sheridan’s task between the start of camp on July 31 and the season opener at Buffalo on Sept. 12. Wake is determined to get that done and his sculpted 6-foot-3, 250-pound frame is a prototype for the OLB position. But converted defensive ends don’t make that switch easily, and Wake will need all the reps he can get in that six-week window. You can bet Buffalo coach Chan Gailey is already drawing up circle routes to his talented trio of backs (Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and C.J. Spiller) in hopes of getting them one-on-one in space with Wake, Charlie Anderson, Koa Misi or whoever else coordinator Mike Nolan decides to try out there.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... nge-ahead/

RotoWorld wrote:
Though he may not even start, Wake is the heavy favorite to lead Miami in sacks this year.

www.rotoworld.com

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:04 am
Profile WWW
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Post Re: In TSN, JT predicts Cameron Wake will "bust out this season"
My gut is acting up again. It is telling me that Wake in the hands of DC Nolan will be a beast. I'm looking forward to Elvis Dumervil type numbers. As with any talented player, you sometimes just have to bite the bullet on the weakness (pass coverage and run D) and let him learn on the job. I'm excited about Miami's prospects this year and can't wait for September.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
My gut is acting up again. It is telling me that Wake in the hands of DC Nolan will be a beast.

I certainly hope so. I truly believe the success of this defense hinges on Wake providing a consistent pass rush and Starks holding up the middle.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:10 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

who is jt.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]