Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:34 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

:hithead:

RotoWorld wrote:
The Miami Herald reports the Bears have emerged as a trade "possibility" for franchise tagged WR Jarvis Landry. Reporter Barry Jackson also passes along that Landry will soon sign the tag, a necessary precursor to any deal. Per Jackson, Chicago is one of multiple teams that has emerged as a possible suitor. The Dolphins have told Landry they will not be making a long-term offer "at this time," but that they would be comfortable with him playing under the $16 million tag in 2018. That's hard to believe for a cap-strapped team that has indicated time and again it was ready for Landry to walk. The Dolphins have granted Landry permission to seek a trade, meaning both sides are working on a potential move out of town.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9405/jarvis-landry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Bears pick at #8, the Dolphins pick at #11.

TSN wrote:
The Dolphins are willing to trade the wide receiver for the right price and one of the teams that has emerged as a possible suitor is the Bears, according to the Miami Herald.

Miami is seeking a draft pick or a player in exchange for Landry, the report says. The Bears, who have seven picks in April's draft (no third-rounder) and a need at the WR position, have the cap space to take on Landry's deal.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nf ... 7jfsyzo4lw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:42 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Interesting. I wonder if Miami follows the Philadelphia blueprint in their quest to get Carson Wentz. Move up a few spots to land a better trade piece and unload a contract you don't want.

Cleveland is floating it out there that the 1st pick is available. If Miami could somehow move all the way up to get Sam Darnold I'd do back flips. I think the kid is going to be the real deal in a year or 2. I'm not even sure Tannehill needs to be in play to make the deal work.

Or if Cleveland is dead set on getting Saquon Barkley I would imagine you could be on the phone with the Giants for the 2nd pick. A package of picks and the rights to Ja'Wuan James (freeing up some cap relief) is realistic.

I just really hope its not Rosen and I don't think moving up that high to get Mayfield is the right move. Maybe if he is there at 8 (or 11), but not top 4 picks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

So trade Landry by swapping 1st round picks and maybe a 4th or 5th rounder from the Bears?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:01 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I can't believe they are going to let him go.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:05 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

bobby0112 wrote:
I can't believe they are going to let him go.

There are a lot of analysts supporting the move.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Wow, I think I may need to start applying for Twitter Blogger jobs.

Matt Cannata now saying what I proposed a while back = Miami should offer Tannehill, Landry and the 11th pick to Cleveland for 1st overall. Gase gets his QB of choice.

Couple that with the rumored interest of Teddy Bridgewater to be your bridge (yeah yeah, pun intended).

Probably save about $5 million in cap from Tannehill to Bridgewater, and wipe away the $16 million for Landry. Cut Timmons and Thomas, and suddenly you can do some bargain shopping in free agency.

Who says no?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I say Yes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:06 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:

Matt Cannata now saying what I proposed a while back = Miami should offer Tannehill, Landry and the 11th pick to Cleveland for 1st overall. Gase gets his QB of choice.

Couple that with the rumored interest of Teddy Bridgewater to be your bridge (yeah yeah, pun intended).

Probably save about $5 million in cap from Tannehill to Bridgewater, and wipe away the $16 million for Landry. Cut Timmons and Thomas, and suddenly you can do some bargain shopping in free agency.

Who says no?

After I got done laughing, if I'm Dorsey, I'd say now seriously: Tannehill, Landry, your 2nd at 2-11 and next years first, and we have a deal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:09 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

bobby0112 wrote:
So trade Landry by swapping 1st round picks and maybe a 4th or 5th rounder from the Bears?

Or a straight swap of Landry for Bears LB Leonard Floyd, who we supposedly asked for the medicals for.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

Matt Cannata now saying what I proposed a while back = Miami should offer Tannehill, Landry and the 11th pick to Cleveland for 1st overall.

I’ve been saying you know more than these paid internet nerds from the get go. Especially when it comes to Miami. I don’t believe T Hill is that desirable of a trade piece though. His value may be at an all time low outside his rookie season after the ACL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:23 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

And I'd reply with you can have next year's 1st but not this year's 2nd.

If Tannehill is the equivalent of 2 2nd Rounders and Landry an early 3rd then the package is:

2 1sts
2 2nds
1 3rd

but 3 of those picks are known quantities, not question marks.

Cleveland has more picks than they'll ever need this year and too much young, barely tested talent as is. Tannehill and Landry are worth far more to them than picks.

I don't think Dorsey would be laughing at that offer, not even close.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:36 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if Miami follows the Philadelphia blueprint in their quest to get Carson Wentz. Move up a few spots to land a better trade piece and unload a contract you don't want.

Cleveland is floating it out there that the 1st pick is available. If Miami could somehow move all the way up to get Sam Darnold I'd do back flips. I think the kid is going to be the real deal in a year or 2. I'm not even sure Tannehill needs to be in play to make the deal work.

Or if Cleveland is dead set on getting Saquon Barkley I would imagine you could be on the phone with the Giants for the 2nd pick. A package of picks and the rights to Ja'Wuan James (freeing up some cap relief) is realistic.

I just really hope its not Rosen and I don't think moving up that high to get Mayfield is the right move. Maybe if he is there at 8 (or 11), but not top 4 picks.

Mayfield would actually be a great move if he's Gase's guy. Could be the next Drew Brees.

I'd take Darnold too in a heartbeat.

Rosen is the one I don't want. Weird attitude and gets hurt easily. Cutler 2.0

Allen, I don't know about. I can see why they drool over him, he has a howitzer for an arm, but bad mechanics.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
And I'd reply with you can have next year's 1st but not this year's 2nd.

If Tannehill is the equivalent of 2 2nd Rounders and Landry an early 3rd then the package is:

2 1sts
2 2nds
1 3rd

but 3 of those picks are known quantities, not question marks.

Cleveland has more picks than they'll ever need this year and too much young, barely tested talent as is. Tannehill and Landry are worth far more to them than picks.

I don't think Dorsey would be laughing at that offer, not even close.

First, yes I would be laughing you right off the phone with your first offer. Imagine for a moment you're in Dorsey's shoes. You have 1-1, 1-4, 2-33, 2-35, 2- 63, 3, 65. You know the Eagles gave up 2 firsts, two 2nds and a third and fourth to draft Wentz with the second overall pick. Why expect anything different than that.

If I were him, I'd already be thinking about signing McCarron as my bridge QB, taking Darnold at #1, throwing 1-4 and one of my seconds to the Giants to make sure I grabbed Barkley. I can still grab CB and WR with my other two 2nd rounders and call it good. That's an awesome draft.

But I'll counter your latest offer instead.
Tannehill, Landry, 1-11, your first next year and I want Reshad Jones.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:01 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
First, yes I would be laughing you right off the phone with your first offer. Imagine for a moment you're in Dorsey's shoes. You have 1-1, 1-4, 2-33, 2-35, 2- 63, 3, 65. You know the Eagles gave up 2 firsts, two 2nds and a third and fourth to draft Wentz with the second overall pick. Why expect anything different than that.

If I were him, I'd already be thinking about signing McCarron as my bridge QB, taking Darnold at #1, throwing 1-4 and one of my seconds to the Giants to make sure I grabbed Barkley. I can still grab CB and WR with my other two 2nd rounders and call it good. That's an awesome draft.

No, if I'm Dorsey I look at giant holes I have at starting QB, WR, CB and other positions. Then I look at how I have a plethora of young guys whose only experience are 1 and 0 win seasons. Finally, I see a tough, experienced QB who was on the ascent before injury and a 110% overachieving WR who will have signed his one year tag. Both players will be out to prove their worth and instantly upgrade my team. If both fail, I'm out of their contracts after 1 year and still haven't lost an early 1st Round pick in the process.

Trying to compare unknown draft picks to proven players doesn't add up. Trying to use a Philadelphia team that just needed a new QB versus a Cleveland team that needs a complete rebranding for its fan base is like apples and oranges. You also have a draft with at least 4, maybe 5 QBs who could go top 10. This isn't like 2016 where it was Goff, Wentz and a whole lot of nothing. Cleveland doesn't have the leverage they did then.

Cleveland doesn't need tons of picks, they need players. I can't think of a better player package that is contract friendly then what Miami could offer. Cleveland can land one of the remaining QBs at 4 and Derwin James (instead of Jones' bloated contract) at 11.

While I agree Dorsey won't just take the offer, its going to make him think. AJ McCarron is going to want to negotiate and bid Cleveland against other suitors. Tannehill and Landry will be locked into their deals with no room to dictate anything. And frankly, Cleveland still has enough ammo trade up to 2 with the Giants by giving up their 4th and 32nd pick if they want to guarantee themselves the QB Miami isn't picking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:24 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Hey, Im down... Its a win win really... Team will most likely fall flat under a rookie QB, wins 4-6 games in the next two years, and everyone from Tannenbum down is fired....

Or they strike gold finally and we have the next Marino..... Anything less than a top 10 QB is a failure as that is what you traded.. Like him or not, his fellow QB's in this league are not all that much better outside of the top 5 or so....

Either way I'd be happy....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:01 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm hoping Landry ends up in the NFC with someone we don't play for awhile. Imagine McCain trying to cover him.

That said, I don't hate the idea of trading him. If a team spends money on slot receiver, it precludes them from spending money elsewhere. What could Brady do with Landry in the slot? Crazy daydreams. But, the Patriots will have 3 receivers next year for Landry's price tag, one being Edelman.

I can see the following happening (and I don't hate any of them):

1) traded for a player at a much needed position. Hopefully one not already on a ridiculous contract.
2) traded straight up for a 2nd. I think that's the best case scenario for a straight-up pick. I think him going to Cleveland for one of their 2nds is a pipe dream. No way does someone with Landry's ego sign a new contract there with all the uncertainty. Maybe SF or Chicago. That would give us a good 1st, a really good 2nd, and a good 2nd to start increasing our talent level.
3) traded to move farther up in the 1st round to begin the quest for an eventual 1st round franchise QB pick.

I'm good with all these scenarios. I really don't want him in Baltimore. NFC all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Let's flip the script a bit. If Cleveland approaches you and offers the 33rd pick, 63rd pick and the 65th pick for both Tannehill and Landry you say?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:17 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Let's flip the script a bit. If Cleveland approaches you and offers the 33rd pick, 63rd pick and the 65th pick for both Tannehill and Landry you say?

"Can you throw in a future front office position for me in 2019, cause I am going to get fired after I let this team go into the 2018 season with a sub par QB that gets destroyed behind the poor excuse for an offensive line I have put together here..."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:21 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

HA! Nice answer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Drew Rosenhaus' thoughts on trading Jarvis Landry:

Miami Herald wrote:
“Usually trades for players like that tend to take place around the beginning of free agency so clubs can identify ‘OK, if I can’t get Jarvis Landry, then let me go ahead and get another player at that position,’ or ‘let me allocate my money elsewhere,’” Rosenhaus said Friday on the Joe Rose Show. “There’s only so many guys you can sign for $16 million a year or that ballpark quite frankly, so I think there’s a good chance that this gets resolved before the 14th when things officially kick off.”

But if it’s not resolved within the next couple weeks, Rosenhaus said the other big window for a trade to occur will come ahead of the NFL Draft.

Rosenhaus said it wouldn’t surprise him if there is at least one team out there that would be willing to pay Landry in that price range.

“I think he’s a very prolific, productive player,” Rosenhaus said. “There’s a lot of money out there. It’s hard to find guys that show up each and every week like he does and play the game well. Certainly, he’s been a heck of a player for the Dolphins and if they don’t feel like he’s worth the money, there’s probably another team that does.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/m ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:19 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

The Dolphins and Landry are not that far apart. Miami offered him $13,000,000 per year for 4 years. Which is $52,000,000. He wants 14,500,000 per year for 4 years which is $58,000,000. Illinois has a State income tax of 4.95%. If Miami increased their offer to 13,750,000 per year for 4 years or $55,000,000 the deal would be the same as what he would net from Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:12 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

No, if I'm Dorsey I look at giant holes I have at starting QB, WR, CB and other positions. Then I look at how I have a plethora of young guys whose only experience are 1 and 0 win seasons. Finally, I see a tough, experienced QB who was on the ascent before injury and a 110% overachieving WR who will have signed his one year tag. Both players will be out to prove their worth and instantly upgrade my team. If both fail, I'm out of their contracts after 1 year and still haven't lost an early 1st Round pick in the process.

Trying to compare unknown draft picks to proven players doesn't add up. Trying to use a Philadelphia team that just needed a new QB versus a Cleveland team that needs a complete rebranding for its fan base is like apples and oranges. You also have a draft with at least 4, maybe 5 QBs who could go top 10. This isn't like 2016 where it was Goff, Wentz and a whole lot of nothing. Cleveland doesn't have the leverage they did then.

Cleveland doesn't need tons of picks, they need players. I can't think of a better player package that is contract friendly then what Miami could offer. Cleveland can land one of the remaining QBs at 4 and Derwin James (instead of Jones' bloated contract) at 11.

While I agree Dorsey won't just take the offer, its going to make him think. AJ McCarron is going to want to negotiate and bid Cleveland against other suitors. Tannehill and Landry will be locked into their deals with no room to dictate anything. And frankly, Cleveland still has enough ammo trade up to 2 with the Giants by giving up their 4th and 32nd pick if they want to guarantee themselves the QB Miami isn't picking.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to put you on hold. Buffalo is on the other line.

Seriously, you make a convincing case. Hopefully Cleveland would think so too. One thing you didn't bring up, but Dorsey has to consider. Having that many draft picks in this draft and the last two means you'll have problems resigning that many players when their rookie contracts are done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:40 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Just saw a rumor about tradeding Landry to the bears and a 3rd pick for Jordan Howard and swap first round picks. Not sure how much truth their is to this but sounds pretty interesting :headscratch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

bobby0112 wrote:
The Dolphins and Landry are not that far apart. Miami offered him $13,000,000 per year for 4 years. Which is $52,000,000. He wants 14,500,000 per year for 4 years which is $58,000,000. Illinois has a State income tax of 4.95%. If Miami increased their offer to 13,750,000 per year for 4 years or $55,000,000 the deal would be the same as what he would net from Chicago.

The Phins offered him a very good deal......Landry should have taken it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:

Seriously, you make a convincing case. Hopefully Cleveland would think so too. One thing you didn't bring up, but Dorsey has to consider. Having that many draft picks in this draft and the last two means you'll have problems resigning that many players when their rookie contracts are done.

When Miami flips Tannehill to Minnesota for their 1st Rounder, signs Teddy Bridgewater, and then deals both 1st Rounders and Landry to Cleveland for the rights to a QB you can remember you heard it here first!

Cleveland can make themselves decent very quickly if they start dealing picks for players and dumping their previous mistakes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:02 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

shularino wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

The Phins offered him a very good deal......Landry should have taken it.

It's just greed. And his weak excuse "I need to protect my family". Don't give me that BS. $13 million will support the hell out of any family.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:33 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dolphin Dad wrote:
It's just greed. And his weak excuse "I need to protect my family". Don't give me that BS. $13 million will support the hell out of any family.

It's about pride. He thinks he is one of the best receivers in the NFL, and the best marker is the contract.

JJ thinks we should keep him.

Dave Hyde wrote:
Jimmy Johnson said he’d keep Jarvis Landry if he were the Dolphins.

“He’s one of my favorites,’’ he said. “He’s a physical wide receiver and makes a lot of plays.”

He’s one of everyone’s favorites. That’s an issue for the Dolphins as they go through what appears to be a long, slow, confusing walk to divorce with Landry. Since last spring, they’ve talked with teams of trading him. Then there was a head feint of signing him last December – headlines were made that it was definite – followed by a franchise tag and attempt to trade.

The Dolphins aren’t the only team in this situation. Well-run Pittsburgh could franchise-tag running back Le’Veon Bell for a second year at $14.5 million.

If it’s the money, it’s one thing (which it is). But if it’s Landry’s hard-headed attitude?

“I never had a problem with disagreements with the players,’’ Johnson said. “Maybe because they knew if they had a disagreement they wouldn’t be there very long. But I also made concessions on players. If he was a great player, I’d make some concessions. They still had to abide by the rules and they had to perform. But everybody wasn’t the same. They’re grown men, making millions of dollars and sometimes you have to sit them down one on one and say, ‘How can we work this out?’ ‘’

The time for that appears past with Landry. He’s expected to sign his $16.2 million franchise tag as soon as Monday. That would be the next step toward trying to find a trade partner out of town. We’ll see where it goes.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:08 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

When Miami flips Tannehill to Minnesota for their 1st Rounder, signs Teddy Bridgewater, and then deals both 1st Rounders and Landry to Cleveland for the rights to a QB you can remember you heard it here first!

Cleveland can make themselves decent very quickly if they start dealing picks for players and dumping their previous mistakes.

I see Cleveland sitting with 1-1 and 1-4 and asking themselves how they got in this conundrum.
Take Barkley at with 1-1 and risk losing Darnold at #4 or vice versa. I think if they take Barkley at 1-1, NY and Indy trade out and it goes:

(Cousins to Minnesota)
1-2 Jets, Mayfield
1-3 Buffalo, Rosen
1-4 Cleveland, Darnold
1-5 ?
Miami gets what they want by flipping Tannehill to Denver and takes Josh Allen or they lose out and stay at 11. Denver takes Allen or another team moves up to 6-8 and takes him before us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
I see Cleveland sitting with 1-1 and 1-4 and asking themselves how they got in this conundrum.
Take Barkley at with 1-1 and risk losing Darnold at #4 or vice versa. I think if they take Barkley at 1-1, NY and Indy trade out and it goes:

(Cousins to Minnesota)
1-2 Jets, Mayfield
1-3 Buffalo, Rosen
1-4 Cleveland, Darnold
1-5 ?
Miami gets what they want by flipping Tannehill to Denver and takes Josh Allen or they lose out and stay at 11. Denver takes Allen or another team moves up to 6-8 and takes him before us.

Very plausible scenario although I'd probably flip Darnold and Mayfield at 2. Miami just has to be careful about who they bring in with a rookie QB, especially one like Allen who needs time to sit. The free agent QBs will get scooped up fast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Albright confirming now that the current QB carousel is:

Cousins to Minnesota

Keenum to Denver

McCarron to Cleveland.

The problem with this is that Denver is now a likely destination for one of the top QBs. If its true that Cleveland/Jackson prefer McCarron then I don't see how Miami has the ammo to trade up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:56 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Albright confirming now that the current QB carousel is:

Cousins to Minnesota

Keenum to Denver

McCarron to Cleveland.

The problem with this is that Denver is now a likely destination for one of the top QBs. If its true that Cleveland/Jackson prefer McCarron then I don't see how Miami has the ammo to trade up.

Like this:
Cleveland wants Barkley but is afraid they'll lose Darnold if they take Barkley at 1-1.
They take Darnold at 1-1

Giants take Barkley at 1-2

Indy needs lineman to protect Luck so they trade out of 1-3 to Buffalo for their 1-27, 1-28, 2-27
Buffalo takes Rosen.

Cleveland wants a Saftey or CB and still get one if they trade Miami 1-4 for say Landry, 1-11 and a first next year. (keep those extra firsts coming in.) Miami takes Mayfield or Allen, whichever one they're shooting for. They keep Tannehill for this year.

Alternately, the Redskins cancel their trade with KC and trade their first for Tannehill (Who I think would fit great there) We use their first instead of our next year one. Same could happen with Arizona.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

(Cousins to Minnesota)
1-2 Jets, Mayfield
1-3 Buffalo, Rosen
1-4 Cleveland, Darnold
1-5 ?

Very plausible scenario although I'd probably flip Darnold and Mayfield at 2. Miami just has to be careful about who they bring in with a rookie QB, especially one like Allen who needs time to sit. The free agent QBs will get scooped up fast.

I keep saying Allen because if Miami's using a smokescreen to disguise who they want, Josh Allen makes the most sense. (The smoke screen cancels out Rosen and Mayfield.) Boom or bust type that Gase would fall in love with, thinking he could be the one to make Allen a Superstar. But Allen is a nervous guy with a cannon for an arm. Not the best recipe for success. I also think Tannehill under Gase is better than Rosen.

I'm still hoping it's Mayfield, but I'll gladly take Darnold.

It be nice to know who Buffalo wants.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
Cleveland wants a Saftey or CB and still get one if they trade Miami 1-4 for say Landry, 1-11 and a first next year. (keep those extra firsts coming in.) Miami takes Mayfield or Allen, whichever one they're shooting for. They keep Tannehill for this year.

Alternately, the Redskins cancel their trade with KC and trade their first for Tannehill (Who I think would fit great there) We use their first instead of our next year one. Same could happen with Arizona.

I guess that could do it with Landry being more valuable than picks from Denver or the Jets.

As for Washington canceling their trade...I don't see that happening.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Personally, I think the Dolphins will have the cap room for Landry if they want to keep him at the franchise tag. There will be some cuts coming up to free up cap space if they want to. Ideally, I think they'd like to trade him at this point to move up in the draft or get another draft pick to start this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:27 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Personally, I think the Dolphins will have the cap room for Landry if they want to keep him at the franchise tag. There will be some cuts coming up to free up cap space if they want to. Ideally, I think they'd like to trade him at this point to move up in the draft or get another draft pick to start this year.

I think they are going to use him as a way to trade up as well...
I just am not as sure as others that it is for a QB, I am wondering if player X who they know they want is what they are after...

Dolphins met with Harris a little at the combine etc, however cancelled his visit to the facility leading many to believe he wasnt the one... He was, they knew it very early on and moved forward with researching plan B...

I think they have a similar player in mind now and they feel they will need to move up to get him...

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]