All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Keep in mind that this is from Jason "Make it up" La Confora. I will be honest, I can see Suh as a post June 1 cut. I love the guy, but this is quarterback money. Ross is always willing to listen to his GM/Coach and open up his wallet, so, if this is indeed Ross' feelings it should happen.

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "confidants of [Dolphins owner] Stephen Ross" informed him that Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh. Suh is heading into the fourth year of a six-year, $114 million mega-deal and is set to count a whopping $26.1 million against the Dolphins' salary cap. That's almost $9 million more than the next-closest defensive tackle. Suh just turned 31 last month but remains a legitimate game-wrecking force inside. However, the Dolphins need a lot more than Suh before they start competing for Super Bowls. Designating Suh a post-June 1 cut would save Miami $17 million versus the cap.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5593/ndamukong-suh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Any capologists that can explain happens with the 22 million in dead cap and how it affects the dolphins?

I believe it is split across a couple seasons, but not sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:24 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If La Canfora says it then expect the opposite to happen. He has been dead wrong on all things Dolphins for the last 6 years.

Suh is way overpaid but that line will collapse without him. If Godchaux and Phillips suddenly emerge as beasts this year then you can start having the conversation next offseason.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Wait, I will sort of retract my previous statement.

If I go along with my idea of Miami trading up to get a new QB, then purging the contracts of Suh and Tannehill could go an incredibly long way toward plugging holes that create an easier environment for the young QB to succeed.

Miami could "buy" a DT, G, LB, TE or WR, and a decent enough bridge QB. Unloading Tannehill and Suh free up nearly $34 million, not to mention the additional money saved by moving on from Ja'Wuan James, Julius Thomas, Lawrence Timmons and others. They could have nearly $60 million to spend, but I wouldn't go crazy on giant contracts. You can do a series of bridge deals while the youth on your team (and there is a lot) either proves or fails in showing they are foundational pieces.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
If I go along with my idea of Miami trading up to get a new QB, then purging the contracts of Suh and Tannehill could go an incredibly long way toward plugging holes that create an easier environment for the young QB to succeed.

i think at this point, Dolphins fans are very willing to reboot the whole thing. Suh is a beast, and one of my favorite Dolphins, but this team needs changes. The new way seems to be as effective as the old way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Dave, I see you have the Mayfield profile pic. My goodness, the kool aid has reached North Carolina!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Dave, I see you have the Mayfield profile pic. My goodness, the kool aid has reached North Carolina!

Yessir. You don't win the Heisman for being short;) If he is there at 11, draft him. Build around him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:53 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Good. Awful contract for that position.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:47 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
Good. Awful contract for that position.

Yes it is. Thats a lot of cap money tied up in one position.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]