Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Trading Up for a QB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:23 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I mentioned in a previous post how Miami could move up in the draft and it seemed more wishful thinking than actual possibility (is that an oxymoron?). I didn't think Miami had the capital to make such a move, but, after some more consideration I believe they are PRIMED to trade up if they so choose.

Now there are too many factors in the front office/philosophy/pocketbook to predict whether they would do so such a thing. Let's not go there yet.

I always assumed Buffalo had the most ammo to move up (2 1st Rounders and extra Day 2 picks). Their 1st Rounders are 21st and 22nd overall. Not great, but not bad if a team is looking at quantity for young talent. Miami could easily outplay them here if they use Ryan Tannehill and the structure of his deal to their advantage.

I had said offer Tannehill to Cleveland and that may still be the preferred course of action in their quest to get an experienced starter. You could say the door would be open in Denver as well. But what about going in the other direction? I just read how Blake Bortles had surgery and Jacksonville needs to decide on his $19 million option. Insert one Ryan Tannehill into trade talks for the 29th overall pick. Jacksonville's line can protect him, the receivers can get open and the running game takes the pressure off. For Jacksonville they have so much youth they do not need more picks. They need a guy who doesn't overthrow screens by 5 yards nor misses frequently on the deep ball. Tannehill had some of the best deep accuracy in 2016.

Miami could package the 11th, 29th, and their early 4th Rounder for the 1st overall pick for the rights to any QB they want. My preference is Sam Darnold but this isn't about my opinion. Cleveland still has the 4th overall pick for a QB, now the 11th pick for a top shelf player and the 29th pick to grab a very good prospect.

I believe this is a scenario that would satisfy all teams involved. Tannehill's contract is now middle of the road in cost and easily escapable if he gets hurt again. As for a veteran starter, you have the options of whoever doesn't stick in Minnesota, perhaps a released Blake Bortles (yuck! but experienced) or a bunch of guys who can start 6 or 7 games (Mike Glennon, Mark Sanchez, Josh McCown, etc.).

I doubt this happens or is even likely to happen, just pointing out that it is a realistic option if Miami wants to go down that road. It might even buy Tannenbaum and Gase longer leashes because neither technically brought Tannehill to Miami. They can make the case that Darnold, or Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield is their guy and who they tie their legacy to.

Post subject: Re: Trading Up for a QB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Good write up, Dan. I doubt it happens also, but Tannenbaum is definitely a guy who likes the "splash" moves, so who knows?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I was just browsing the last few years of QB's drafted in in round 1 that panned out, thats a talented IR list....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Here is what I think will happen.

Free Agent Signings:

Jaguars - AJ McCarron

Vikings - Kirk Cousins

Cardinals - Sam Bradford

Giants - Teddy Bridgewater

Browns - Case Keenum

Trades:

Broncos - Nick Foles

Draft:

Browns - Sam Darnold (1st Overall)

Jets - Josh Rosen (trade up to 2)

Bills - Josh Allen (trade up to 5)

Cardinals - Baker Mayfield (trade into top 10)

Chargers - Lamar Jackson (surprise 1st Round QB)

Dolphins take Mike White early in the 3rd Round to the collective groaning of fans and Salguero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Dolphins take Mike White early in the 3rd Round to the collective groaning of fans and Salguero

Ouch

:haha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

10acjed wrote:
jammer wrote:

Ouch

:haha

Yes and no. While my current mindset would love to see Miami go all in on Sam Darnold its possible that getting a 2nd or 3rd Round option might be better. Best example is 2014 where Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo have turned out to be the best options while Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel and Teddy Bridgewater are in various stages of question mark status.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich Cimini of ESPN is saying the Jets are going all in on Kirk Cousins.

Omar Kelly is right, teams are starving for even decent QB play. I fully expect Miami to receive multiple offers for Tannehill, and maybe a much higher price than they anticipated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So now it is going around Twitter that Miami may trade up to get a QB. This guy Chad Forbes, who seems to know a thing or two, is saying Miami will target the 3rd pick in a trade up.

When asked what it would cost he pointed to Miami trading up for Dion Jordan, the 3rd pick, in 2013. At the time they sent Oakland the 12th and 42nd picks in the draft. Now if this is for a QB it may cost more (usually going up that high costs multiple 1st Round picks) but it is something to consider. If Jarvis Landry is traded for a 2nd Round pick then Miami still will have a pick in every Round except the 5th. They have a late 4th to compensate for that.

If it is true that Cleveland is eye balling Saquon Barkley 1st overall and the Giants like Josh Rosen then I would do back flips to get Sam Darnold.

Analyst Matt Miller just listed his comps for the top QBs based on what scouts and coaches have said to him privately:

Sam Darnold = Tony Romo

Josh Rosen = Matt Ryan

Josh Allen = Philip Rivers (this one I don't get at all)

Baker Mayfield = Case Keenum

Lamar Jackson = Robert Griffin III

Mason Rudolph = AJ McCarron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
So now it is going around Twitter that Miami may trade up to get a QB. This guy Chad Forbes, who seems to know a thing or two, is saying Miami will target the 3rd pick in a trade up.

When asked what it would cost he pointed to Miami trading up for Dion Jordan, the 3rd pick, in 2013. At the time they sent Oakland the 12th and 42nd picks in the draft. Now if this is for a QB it may cost more (usually going up that high costs multiple 1st Round picks) but it is something to consider. If Jarvis Landry is traded for a 2nd Round pick then Miami still will have a pick in every Round except the 5th. They have a late 4th to compensate for that.

If it is true that Cleveland is eye balling Saquon Barkley 1st overall and the Giants like Josh Rosen then I would do back flips to get Sam Darnold.

KC gave up two firsts and a third to move from 1-27 to 1-10 to draft Mahomes last year. You'd be looking at trading at least 1-11, a first next year, and 2-11 to move up from 1-11 to 1-3. The Eagles gave up No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder for the number 2 pick (1-2) overall to draft Wentz.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Rich Cimini of ESPN is saying the Jets are going all in on Kirk Cousins.

Someone needs to talk to the Jets and convince them to trade for Blake Bortles. Or just sign Blaine Gabbert.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:19 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Josh Allen = Philip Rivers (this one I don't get at all)

Baker Mayfield = Case Keenum

I don't get either of these.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

A bit surprised by all the talk of taking a QB in the 1st. After watching Cutler & Moore, I would think Tannehill's stock went way up. The OL is in shambles.....James is likely gone......Pouncey not being able to practice is an issue. I'm fine with the first 2 picks going to the O Line. If Roquan Smith is available, take him........but this O line has to be fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:21 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Jacksonville just gave Bortles a 3 year 54 million dollar extension. Insanity.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:24 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
jammer wrote:

KC gave up two firsts and a third to move from 1-27 to 1-10 to draft Mahomes last year. You'd be looking at trading at least 1-11, a first next year, and 2-11 to move up from 1-11 to 1-3. The Eagles gave up No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder for the number 2 pick (1-2) overall to draft Wentz.

I guess you can't argue it didn't work but that is a disgusting amount of draft capital to move up. You look at the reverse when Washington gave up 3 1st Rounders to get RG III.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

jammer wrote:

Im thinking that contract actually frees up space for them and I dont think they were going to get Cousins but they still can sign a FA QB or draft one.
I was surprised at this news as well but I also know Coughlin has a plan and is very competent so we will have to wait and see. Maybe we can trade Tannenbaum for him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:08 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

FINesse wrote:
jammer wrote:

Im thinking that contract actually frees up space for them and I dont think they were going to get Cousins but they still can sign a FA QB or draft one.
I was surprised at this news as well but I also know Coughlin has a plan and is very competent so we will have to wait and see. Maybe we can trade Tannenbaum for him.

Its possible Bortles is well liked and they feel they were close. As for the cap I didn't look but you're probably correct. Might reduce his cost in the short term but I don't think a team out there would have signed him for more than $10 million. Surprised they didn't just let him walk, test the market and then offer him $1 million more than what anyone else did.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:37 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

My unqualified 2 cents:

1) If one of the big 4 QBs is deemed "can't miss" by the brass, and he's there at 11, grab him. Rocket Surgeon stuff I know.

2) If they deem one of them worthy enough to hop up into the top 5 and have to do a little future mortgaging to get up there, start shedding salary immediately. Suh, Tannehill, Landry, James, and everyone else on the annual potential salary dump lists. A team can't have no future top picks and no salary cap room and logically expect to get better. It doesn't happen. For our limited salary cap room, we should be a perennial 10-12 win team, but we're not. We don't draft well enough and we seem to enjoy paying Pro-Bowl money for average free agents and average money for below average starters.

3) I'd personally like to see an OL, LB, DB, QB, and TE drafted with our first 5 picks through Round 4, in no particular order. I think picking a QB like Lauletta, Hill, or Falk in the 2nd or 3rd Round would be great. It might light a little fire under Tannehill if a QB gets snagged that high.

I'd actually like to see what Tannehill could do with Gase after one year of playing and one medical red-shirt year where all he could do was watch and study. I think he'll do well.

The Dolphins have been a frustrating follow my entire life. From not being able to build a running game behind Marino, to not being able to find a passing game post-Marino, with all the draft busts and signing busts at other positions in between. I'll never give up hope that we'll have a capable GM that can properly evaluate and value both college and free-agent talent and a coach that coaches up the players he has and doesn't try to ram square-peg players into a round-hole system, at the same time.

That's the dream.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:46 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jgod1 wrote:
The Dolphins have been a frustrating follow my entire life. From not being able to build a running game behind Marino, to not being able to find a passing game post-Marino, with all the draft busts and signing busts at other positions in between. I'll never give up hope that we'll have a capable GM that can properly evaluate and value both college and free-agent talent and a coach that coaches up the players he has and doesn't try to ram square-peg players into a round-hole system, at the same time.

That's the dream.

Exactly where I'm coming from and how I feel now. Hopefully this past season showed Gase and the FO the error of their ways.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Draft O-line early and often. Sit pat with your skill positions, but maybe add a running back late. This team should be looking for O-line talent and linebackers. Plug those holes and the next year shed some big contracts and go all in for a top young QB prospect.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:17 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Should we go move up for a qb in the draft, but do the KC thingy and remain competitive enough to make the playoffs: Roll with Tannehill, but trade him next year.

*Cut Timmons, Thomas. Restructure Suh to free up salary cap space.
*Trade Landry for a 2nd round pick (Clev?)
*Sign Josh Sitton to play LG for 2 yrs. He'll help settle down Tunsil.
*Sign Ju' wan James to a 4yr contract between 6-7 million a year.
*Sign CJ Anderson to back up Drake.
*Find a cheap saftey to sign to play FS. Lets McDonald play hybrid.
*This does mean we roll with Pouncey for a year, but we have Steen to back him up.

(To move up for the Giants pick at 1-2) I would expect to give 1-11, 2-11, a first and third next year.

My draft would be:
1-2 Mayfield or Darnold (I'm guessing they want Mayfield.)
2-32 DJ Moore WR, Maryland
3-11 Shaqueem Griffin LB (poorman's Roquan Smith)
4-11 Best TE, OL, or DE availible
4-32 Best TE, OL, or DE availible
7-5 Will Hernandon TE Miami
7-11 Braxton Berrios wr, Miami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:49 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Matt Cannata tweeted to keep an eye on Teddy Bridgewater who is now set to become a free agent. His name has been mentioned with Miami several times over the offseason.

This could mean one of two paths:

Miami rolls with Tannehill, a better backup and a developmental QB

Miami gets Bridgewater on the cheap, Tannehill maybe becomes trade bait in a move to get a QB

I believe Zatrex said Miami is rumored to want Josh Rosen in a trade up. They also are showing heavy interest in Baker Mayfield.

Or it could all be one big ball of smoke that means nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:16 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Matt Cannata tweeted to keep an eye on Teddy Bridgewater who is now set to become a free agent. His name has been mentioned with Miami several times over the offseason.

This could mean one of two paths:

Miami rolls with Tannehill, a better backup and a developmental QB

Miami gets Bridgewater on the cheap, Tannehill maybe becomes trade bait in a move to get a QB

I believe Zatrex said Miami is rumored to want Josh Rosen in a trade up. They also are showing heavy interest in Baker Mayfield.

Or it could all be one big ball of smoke that means nothing.

If they do move up to grab a qb, trading Tannehill (you need the ammunition) makes perfect sense and so does signing Bridgewater to act as the bridge.

Supposedly Marino and Gase are in love Mayfield, but on the other hand, Gase hates spread qb's so Rosen makes more sense according to 'experts'.

If this is smokescreen, it makes no sense, unless Miami thinks Mayfield is a bust and is trying to sucker the Jets or Buffalo to move up and take him. If all 4 qb's go in say the top 7, the big 4 potential superstars in the draft still won't fall to us. Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, or Chubbs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:25 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Baker Mayfield has been mocked to Miami by Tony Pauline, Dane Brugler, Albert Breer and Matt Miller. These guys get a lot of inside info.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:42 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Baker Mayfield has been mocked to Miami by Tony Pauline, Dane Brugler, Albert Breer and Matt Miller. These guys get a lot of inside info.

Which could mean he's not that good, or a potential bust. On the other hand, if I'm the Giants, I'm not entertaining moving down, I'm taking Barkley. If I'm Indy, I'm taking Chubbs. If I'm Cleveland I'm taking my qb and then Fitzpatrick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:54 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
jammer wrote:

Which could mean he's not that good, or a potential bust. On the other hand, if I'm the Giants, I'm not entertaining moving down, I'm taking Barkley. If I'm Indy, I'm taking Chubbs. If I'm Cleveland I'm taking my qb and then Fitzpatrick.

They do their mocks based on what they are hearing. I don't think they predict trades just yet. But it sounds like Miami is being aggressive on Tannehill.

With that said, Omar Kelly just gave his guarantee that Adam Gase is going to ride or die with Tannehill. With Kelly's track record on predicting personnel moves (Miami will never sign Suh, Miami isn't entertaining Landry trades, etc.) I'd say poor Ryan just to the kiss of death.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
They do their mocks based on what they are hearing. I don't think they predict trades just yet. But it sounds like Miami is being aggressive on Tannehill.

With that said, Omar Kelly just gave his guarantee that Adam Gase is going to ride or die with Tannehill. With Kelly's track record on predicting personnel moves (Miami will never sign Suh, Miami isn't entertaining Landry trades, etc.) I'd say poor Ryan just to the kiss of death.

:) That does make a convincing argument.

But even though I'm all in on Mayfield, I still can't bring myself to believe they're actually going after him. Lucy can take her ball home and play with Linus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:38 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:

That is interesting as a lot of scouts were very high on him entering the draft.

Here is NFL.COM's "Bottom Line" draft assessment. It sounds like he was made for Adam Gase's offense.

Quote:
Bottom Line
A calculated, football-smart, precision-matchup rhythm passer, Bridgewater would be best suited entering a warm-weather or dome environment such as those most common in the South divisions. Would stand to benefit heavily from operating a short, dink-and-dunk rhythm passing game. Compensates for a lack of elite arm talent and prototype measureables with the intangibles and football intelligence that could elevate the other 52 players around him. Instinctive passer with the laser-beam determination to become a Pro Bowl-caliber passer in the right system.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543465

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:45 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Maybe slightly off topic, but regardless of how Miami handles Tannehill and an early QB I'd like to see them take a late round flier on Chase Litton. This kid seems to be the guy who will sit for 2 to 3 years and then come out slinging the ball.

This is a good year to double down on drafting a QB.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Maybe slightly off topic, but regardless of how Miami handles Tannehill and an early QB I'd like to see them take a late round flier on Chase Litton. This kid seems to be the guy who will sit for 2 to 3 years and then come out slinging the ball.

This is a good year to double down on drafting a QB.

He is intriguing. Needs to learn touch, but the way he peppers that ball reminds me of Marino.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:

That is interesting as a lot of scouts were very high on him entering the draft.

Here is NFL.COM's "Bottom Line" draft assessment. It sounds like he was made for Adam Gase's offense.

Quote:
Bottom Line
A calculated, football-smart, precision-matchup rhythm passer, Bridgewater would be best suited entering a warm-weather or dome environment such as those most common in the South divisions. Would stand to benefit heavily from operating a short, dink-and-dunk rhythm passing game. Compensates for a lack of elite arm talent and prototype measureables with the intangibles and football intelligence that could elevate the other 52 players around him. Instinctive passer with the laser-beam determination to become a Pro Bowl-caliber passer in the right system.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543465

Adam Gase:
“The most important thing that I have learned in this whole experience since 2011 is every guy is different and you need to adjust your offense to who you have”.
“Every team is functioning around the quarterback.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:52 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

To add more fuel to the fire.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article202439014.html

Quote:
▪ Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield might not even be available when Miami picks 11th in April’s draft.

But this much we know: The Dolphins like Mayfield’s skill set and privately have spoken highly about how he came across in their interview with him at the Senior Bowl.

The Dolphins weren’t sure what to expect when they met with Mayfield but came away impressed, according to a source with direct knowledge.

That’s why the Dolphins plan to spend even more time with him at dinner on March 13 in Norman, Okla., as we reported last week — even though many expect Mayfield to be gone before No. 11.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:54 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Zatrex, Tony Pauline officially backed up your rumor that Josh Rosen is the QB of choice for the Miami Dolphins in a trade up.

I personally don't like it, but kudos to you for getting it out there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Zatrex, Tony Pauline officially backed up your rumor that Josh Rosen is the QB of choice for the Miami Dolphins in a trade up.

I personally don't like it, but kudos to you for getting it out there.

I really don't want credit, he's not who I'd pick. And this will make us fans want to shriek in horror:

Quote:
Player Comparison: Jay Cutler. There are a lot of similarities between Rosen and Cutler. Both of them possess powerful arms that let the ball explode out of their hands. They also are unique personalities with mixed intangibles. Some teammates will love them, while others may not. Cutler has suffered durability issues during his career, and Rosen could have a similar problem in the NFL.

[url]Read more: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepor ... z58MkstQB8[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:03 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I thought I'd share Benjamin Abright's QB comparisons. I really don't see it.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status ... 5203856384

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:52 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think a 2-3 round flier on Falk, Lauletta, Rudolph, or White is the best play. I think they could all be decent pros at least and I'd bet that one of them ends up in the perfect spot and 3 years from now is considered a franchise QB.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
I thought I'd share Benjamin Abright's QB comparisons. I really don't see it.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status ... 5203856384

Thanks for sharing, I wanted to comment on that earlier but we just got power back after a 3 day blackout. Mother Nature hit us with a right cross this week.

This is why I'm pushing for Darnold. You need a guy with both the tools and the IT factor. I think he is the only one in the big 4 with both.

Cleveland trading for Tyrod Taylor is a plus and minus. Ruins any shot of using Tannehill to trade up but now may free up AJ McCarron to another team in the top 10 or who would have traded up. Not sure his presence would stop a team from drafting ala Mike Glennon, but you never know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Matt Cannata suggesting that Miami's last hope to trade up would be moving Tannehill to Arizona for picks and sending them to move ahead of Denver and NY.

I think its time for Miami fans to accept that it will be a Day 2 QB. Miami might need to consider spending a 2nd Rounder on a guy they previously thought would be there in Round 3 or Day 3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 am 

Denver signing Keenum and Cousins potentially going to the Jets could change all that

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

k-dash wrote:
Denver signing Keenum and Cousins potentially going to the Jets could change all that

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Keenum only getting a 2 year deal. Denver is drafting a QB early.

All signs still point to Minnesota signing Cousins, especially now that Brees is back in New Orleans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Matt Cannata suggesting that Miami's last hope to trade up would be moving Tannehill to Arizona for picks and sending them to move ahead of Denver and NY.

I think its time for Miami fans to accept that it will be a Day 2 QB. Miami might need to consider spending a 2nd Rounder on a guy they previously thought would be there in Round 3 or Day 3.

I think you're right. May want to start getting familiar with Kyle Lauretta.

I think Cleveland takes Mayfield, Buffalo moves up to grab Allen, the Jets take Rosen. Darnold falls until Arizona swoops in to grab him before us somewhere between 7-9.

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next