All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What stood out to me about Mayfield while watching him is that he is cool under pressure, and he keeps his feet moving while looking downfield. I love this kid, and I think if available at #11 he is worth taking a chance on no matter all of our needs. Let's not pass on another quarterback.

BTW, no way is he the overall #1 pick when you have Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen to choose from. Those are prototypical sized quarterbacks with good arms, and statistically a team taking a chance on a QB early in the draft will value those QBs higher due to the amount of evidence of success over the years in the NFL.

PFF: Baker Mayfield's tape, numbers say he should be No. 1 overall pick

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:24 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I'm going to disagree. Watching the video, Mayfield isn't really under a lot of pressure. He never has defenders popping him before he lands a beautiful throw. That is a huge difference in the NFL when QBs get routinely smoked a split second after releasing a throw.

Another thing is that Mayfield throws to a lot of open guys. He won't have those windows next year. Compare that to Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold who routinely throw guys open while under real duress.

This isn't to say Mayfield is unimpressive or won't live up to the hype, but his transition will be a lot harder than people think.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]