All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Yeah....Ajayi learned his lesson! The Dolphins suck, so he gets frustrated and they trade him to a contender and he wins a Super Bowl. Thus, our 4th round pick we got for hi is more like a 5th rounder. Way to go Phins!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Now I bet we teach Landry a lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:40 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

You're a real buzz kill, you know? Enjoy the Pats losing, why don't you?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I am enjoying Brady tears and Bellicheat frowns....but this one has opened my eyes. We get good players, but the coaching/organization fails them. This makes players frustrated and all they end up playing for ( other than that money) is individual stats and pride. They lose focus and play like individuals and not a team. We get glimpses of this when we see these players go elsewhere and succeed. Mind numbing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:11 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Blount and Clement had more production out of the backfield than Jay. Save for his 26 yard run.....so.....yeah he was kind of meh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

But he has a ring....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
But he has a ring....

Who the hell cares.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:25 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Marino sure deserved one. I think all players care....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:39 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ajayi is a bruising runner who definetly helped the Eagles make this super bowl run. We gave him away. That being said I like Drake and fully expect him and this Dolphin franchise to have multiple super bowl rings in the next few years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:44 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

he's absolutely right in this message about Ajayi...although of course, we can also say "who cares", but that isn't the point.....the Ajayi thing is symbolic of the crappy organization we have down here. It doesn't matter who the head coach is, who the owner is, who the GM and front office is/are, the point is that stuff is what makes franchises that become bottom feeders stay bottom feeders. The Lions, Bengals, Jets, etc., that's where we are right now and unfortunately, given the 2017 results, with almost no light at the end of that tunnel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The Eagles traded McCoy for Kiko...They have front office troubles, obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:13 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

.....and they turned all that into Carson Wentz, their franchise QB.

The job of that FO stealing Ajayi for a nothing 4th rd pick pales in comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

IDK....

Gase frustrated with a diva player who is putting up about 3.4 YPC and 0 TD's so he trades him, gets a 4th, replaces him with a player who finishes with 4.8 YPCarry, 2 100+ games 4 TD's and catches it better out of the backfield...

Belichick just watched a back up QB put 41 points on his defense with his best CB dressed and healthy on the bench....

When do coaching decisions become a problem? IMO when it costs you the season.... However even this one, I'd give BB a pass... Maybe in 2 years and another ring it will make sense.. Who knows..

With Gase the Jay trade did nothing to hurt this teams chances to win, it actually seems opposite as Drake outplayed Jay... Its just looked at as punishment to Jay, when maybe it wasnt.. Maybe it was a football decision .. The Eagles were rolling when the trade went down, 7-2 I believe.. I dont think Jay's future was much concern to the Dolphins aside from it being somewhere else...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

not having Ajayi, a proven pounder, who could make yards after contact and that is so valuable when you don't have an offensive line, will be felt down the road as this team tries and tries to retool or rebuild....they will need two backs who can produce and we had a guy on board already that was proven, a 1k guy on on a bad team, which makes it all the most outstanding...so now they will have to invest one of the precious few resources they have to find another back, and who knows how many attempts it will take for this FO to find someone nearly as competent as Ajayi.

Ajayi may have been all the bad things that have been rumored but on a team with zero talent, except for maybe a couple of players, you can't afford to be throwing valuable players away. Gase has to coach him up, be stern and work with the kid to help him mature. Heck we are taking about some 24 year old kid for cryin' out loud.

I think this incident speaks a lot more and questions Gase's makeup and his future potential as a successful head coach than about Ajayi.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
IDK....

Gase frustrated with a diva player who is putting up about 3.4 YPC and 0 TD's so he trades him, gets a 4th, replaces him with a player who finishes with 4.8 YPCarry, 2 100+ games 4 TD's and catches it better out of the backfield...

Belichick just watched a back up QB put 41 points on his defense with his best CB dressed and healthy on the bench....

When do coaching decisions become a problem? IMO when it costs you the season.... However even this one, I'd give BB a pass... Maybe in 2 years and another ring it will make sense.. Who knows..

With Gase the Jay trade did nothing to hurt this teams chances to win, it actually seems opposite as Drake outplayed Jay... Its just looked at as punishment to Jay, when maybe it wasnt.. Maybe it was a football decision .. The Eagles were rolling when the trade went down, 7-2 I believe.. I dont think Jay's future was much concern to the Dolphins aside from it being somewhere else...

I agree with all that...BUT, why wasn't Drake being used? I know I was looking forward to more Drake going into the season only to see him go weeks without being in the game plan..I have a problem with that.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]