All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:05 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's nice to see someone asking Landry to run something besides 10 yard routes. Even though he is down he still has to get into the end zone by rolling into it. Resign him and open up the frigging playbookfor him, knuckleheads! He is a #1 receiver in my book.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/statu ... 0399788033

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If we do not resign Landry, this will be my lowest point ever as a Miami Dolphins fan. He has earned being my favorite player on the team. I cannot tell you much this will affect how I feel about this coaching staff and front office. If anyone hasn't noticed, Rich has been so disgusted that we haven't seen him since mid season, and he is a real diehard Dolphins fan. I am sick and tired of coaches letting top talent leave because they feel they are not "their guy" and they cannot control them. Admit it, we've drank this kool-aid every single time, but not any longer for me.

And I am sure they are thinking that winning will bring back the fans. How many times have we gotten better by letting good talent leave so the coach can have his people? Aside from Ajayi (who I admit was a head case), I cannot remember a time. It always dilutes the talent, and no one has stepped up to fill the hole.

Resign him. Next year, cut the fat.

Quote:
Just as he is with the Dolphins, Landry was a favorite among the AFC quarterbacks all week. That was partly because he refused to treat this like an exhibition game.

“He’s super competitive, and him and I are similar in that way,” Carr said. “We love to compete. He’s somebody that takes football seriously all the time. If we would’ve lost this game, that would’ve hurt him. Jarvis is my guy. I love him. I love playing with him.”

Miami safety Reshad Jones noticed Landry going hard, too, and grinned knowingly as he said, “That’s all he knows. He goes 100 percent all the time. That’s just him.”

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... a-dolphin/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:46 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I agree Dave. We signed inconsistant Stills, no cover kicko. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:02 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
I agree Dave. We signed inconsistant Stills, no cover kicko. lol

Compared to Landry, we overpayed for average players last year. Pay the man.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Allowing players like Ajayi and Landry to bail during the same year would be inexcusable. I don’t know our cap situation and quite frankly I have stopped giving a * about this team in depth like that since they have been a let down my entire life, but $14m/yr is a lot of dough for a slot guy. I hope they figure it out.

Jarvis really doesn’t have much incentive if ANY at all to remain here if he doesn’t get the cash he wants. He has all the leverage. This team has no sales pitch and cannot put together any near future blueprint of success to lure him here under any cash amount he wants. He either gets the money he wants from us or he is gone.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]