All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A lot of Dolphins fans are mad about the Welker "trade", but the Patriots put in a poison pill that the Dolphins could not match. The real problem was before this as Wannstedt didn't gauge the interest that Welker would receive and placed a low tag on him. Wannstedt wasn't the brightest of bulbs as he quickly drafted players that were slow and did not address the OL seriously. He understood the importance of a stong DL but not of a OL.

#3 is the Patriots signing of Rodney Harrison. When I saw him available I was ecstatic. The Patriots signed him, we did not.

Now, we have one of the best receivers in the NFL in Jarvis Landry. Instead of paying him, we've disrespected him by trying to trade him and there will not be a team friendly deal. He will be some other team's #1 personal move as they move forward and into the Super Bowl.

nfl.com wrote:
2) March 5, 2007: Acquired restricted free agent wide receiver Wes Welker from the Dolphins in exchange for second- and seventh-round draft picks.

If you can't beat him, trade for him. Nobody blamed Miami for capitulating when Belichick offered a Marshall Faulk-level price tag for a special teamer and No. 3 receiver who just happened to draw double teams from a flustered Patriots defense. Before Belichick and Josh McDaniels imported the shotgun spread attack from the college ranks to coincide with Welker's acquisition, smaller receivers with his niche skill set simply didn't merit significant playing time, much less mega contracts.

A decade ahead of their time, the 2007 Patriots ushered in the "coming-out party for the slot receiver," as NFL Network's Shaun O'Hara described Welker's arrival on the national scene. With Moss and Donte' Stallworth stretching the field, Welker tortured overmatched linebackers and safeties with option routes over the middle in an unstoppable aerial assault. Before long, an influx of Welker doppelgangers in the slot had rendered the fullback position nearly obsolete, forcing defenses to respond with extra defensive backs in the nickel package as the standard approach.

Welker went on to average 112 receptions in a six-season span as Brady's security blanket, earning league-wide acclaim as the premier slot receiver and inside route-runner of his generation. Exactly where he was expected to be when his quarterback's internal clock struck zero, Welker played a prominent role in the two greatest statistical offenses of all time: the 2007 Patriots and 2013 Broncos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atn

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The Patriots probably let as many mistakes go as any team...On atleast a couple accounts there is a good chance it cost them a ring...

The cheating the cap(Brady's contract for one), cheating on the field and having the refs on there side seem to be their mvp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:08 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Cant beat him trade for him? :haha

2006 Dolphin vs NE he had -1 yard, BB traded for him soon after

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:37 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
Cant beat him trade for him? :haha

2006 Dolphin vs NE he had -1 yard, BB traded for him soon after

Welker dropped a huge pass in the final seconds of a Superbowl loss. And I don't think he ever won a Superbowl with them..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
And I don't think he ever won a Superbowl with them..

Good point. He was 0-3 in Super Bowls (2/Pats, 1/Broncso).

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Danny Amendola being on that list is a farce.

:)

You can plug and play the majority of the slot guys in the league into that offense and they will produce. Amendola doesn’t even have great numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:33 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Bench Malcom Butler for the Superbowl.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]