Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: State of our Fins
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:10 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Hello,
First, happy new year for every dolfans around the world.
Here I go for my opinion on our FO and Roster, and How I would love our beloved dolphin to solve our problem.

Front Office :
I think Gase can be a solid HC, his only weakness seems due to inexperience of the job, so I think to release him before 2 or 3 more years would be an error (think if he leave and become a very good coach).
Notherleless, he must engage solid position coach (OL,LB,Secondary) and it’s a must (why not a call to Zach for LB coaching job for exemple ZT with his science of play and film studie would be a very good teacher).
Tannenbaum and Grier will be here so no need to discuss that.

ROSTER ON OFFENSE :
QB : RT will be the starter and I am perfectly agree with that, but we need to found a backup in case of RT injure his knee again. Problem IMO when I look at the FA QB list ……I don’t see obvious target and if we pick a QB in the first round of the draft I don’t see one of them able to start right now. Perhaps the best idea would be to resign Fales and draft a QB liked by Gase in the third or fourth rounder.
RB : Drake is Ok and I must tell that I was a fan of this player since we drafted him but he can’t pound the ball 25 carries/game all season long. We need to find another back and when I look at FA I see Franck Gore, Jamal Charles and in the draft Barkley……….we can solve our problem here IMO.
WR : We need to sign Landry but not at any cost (perhaps his error on the last game could help us here), Stills and Grant will be here………for Parker I would trade him for a second because he is too much injured for me (Courtland Sutton or Deontay Burnett perhaps).
TE : I keep Fasano and Derby (if Fasano retire I would pick Cumberland in FA) but we must found a very good TE one once and for all this year ( Graham or Eifert in FA pool or Andrews or Fumagalli in draft).
OL : We need 2 solid pick up IMO here ( 1 OG and 1 OT)…….yes I know davis will slide to RT and Larsen to RG but that will not erase our OL problem (We need a mauler LG and solid RT).

ROSTER ON DEFENSE :
DL : If possible I would extend Wake 1 years to gain salary cap relief if his contract can do it, I would draft another DE but not in the first round
LB : I would go with Roquan Smith or Jefferson in the second. With Mc Millan, and Kiko we could have a solid trio and we could groom Chase Allen and another guys for backup role.
CB : Here I would resign Verner and I think we are Ok with what we have on players I mean (but not in coaching). Howard, Tank, Lippett, Verner and Mc Cain would be a very solid group.
Safeties : Jones and Mc Donald are Ok but what we have at backup…….not so much, so I would sign a veteran or a draftee here.

I would be glad to see your opinion here on how to solve our many needs.
The offseason will be long but I hope our dolphins can be a solid and proud team again when next september will come.

Bye form France

Post subject: Re: State of our Fins
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Appreciate the words. I can’t find the motivation to do anywhere near the research I used to on the draft and free agency. It’s a waste of time when the guys getting paid the millions to get it done fail. Year. After year. After year. I don’t bother anymore.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]