Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Happy new off season
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:31 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

I needed to step away from Phinfever but I am already getting into reading all of the posts about the offseason. So happy new year, everyone!

I really hope we go with an impact OLB in the first round. If we decide to go with a 3-4 system on D this year, we need to pick up multiple LBs.

How do you guys feel about the job Chase Allen did for us? I see him as similar to Mike Hull; a decent backup and special teams guy but not somebody you want to have out there as a part of the regular defensive package.

Post subject: Re: Happy new off season
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I imagine he was undrafted for a reason. I think we got a nice role player in Allen, but I agree that he should not be starting. He is definitely a hard worker.

I thought Stephone Anthony looked solid ... especially against the Bills. He looked like he was finally getting it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:49 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Welcome back Ken, good to hear from you.

Chase Allen seems like a good depth guy. Word is Timmons will be cut so Miami should be in the market for at least 1 LB if not 2.

Obviously Roquan Smith is the hot name for LB but keep an eye on Rashaan Evans as well.

Miami will have some darn good options at the 11th pick. I hope they don't go crazy in free agency as they have enough cap issues already.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:57 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

jammer wrote:
Obviously Roquan Smith is the hot name for LB but keep an eye on Rashaan Evans as well.

I am on the official Roquan Smith bandwagon! Seems like a playmaker and gets me excited about having that kind of guy on our D. That being said, I am sure he won't be around when we pick. Thats what always seems to happen when I think highly on someone. However, I did have Devante Parker on my wish list the year he came out. Was pumped about that one.... until he hit the field haha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:09 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

marc23 wrote:
jammer wrote:

I am on the official Roquan Smith bandwagon! Seems like a playmaker and gets me excited about having that kind of guy on our D. That being said, I am sure he won't be around when we pick. Thats what always seems to happen when I think highly on someone. However, I did have Devante Parker on my wish list the year he came out. Was pumped about that one.... until he hit the field haha

If there is a run on QBs and OL then Smith could easily slip to Miami. Last year everyone thought Reuben Foster was a top 5 pick prior to medicals and interviews.

QBs, OTs, CBs and pass rushers always get inflated and picked early. Smith is definitely a top 15 pick if he passes the evaluation process, but he could be there.

Free agency is going to change so much. We still have no idea if Miami is going to spend or if Ross is going to tell Tannenbaum he better hope Gase wins with the current group.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]