Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: ex-Bears DC Vic Fangio
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:32 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Matt Burke is a friend of Gase's, Gase had him planned as his future DC when he hired him, so, I think we will see another year of Burke, but his secondary was very porous as the players never seemed to get his defensive schemes. Does he need another year with another CB draft pick? Let's not forget about Tony Lippett who was developing before being put on IR in mid August with a torn achilles. Plus, he needs a LB who is good in coverage. Is it talent or scheme? I am thinking mostly scheme. You have to scheme to your talent.

Fangio and Gase both have worked together. It is my hope that we sign a proven DC instead of one learning the job.

RotoWorld wrote:
Bears fired head coach John Fox. Perhaps the least surprising firing of the season, Fox was marked for the axe almost from the opening snap, and he did not help his cause with several embarrassing missteps including a challenge which turned a first-and-goal for his own team into a turnover. The defense did over-perform under Fox, but that had much more to do with the work of DC Vic Fangio, who the Bears should look to retain if possible – he is reportedly out of contract. Fox finishes his tenure in Chicago with a 14-34 record and fewer than six wins in each of his three seasons. He has proven to be a mediocre coach, but his name will likely still be thrown around during carousels to come as NFL decision-makers struggle to break free from the cocoon.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8344/john-fox

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Which makes my point about Burke's defense ....

Jason Lieser wrote:
3. Quarterbacks treat Miami’s defense like a scout team.
The one thing that gives the Dolphins fits is pretty much any quarterback with a functioning arm.

A blend of all 16 passing performances against this team in 2017 would add up to a Pro Bowl selection. Coming into the finale, Miami was among the 12 worst teams in the league in opponent completion percentage (63.9), passer rating (94.3), passing touchdowns (25), interceptions (nine) and sacks (26). In 10 of 15 games, the opposing quarterback had a higher passer rating than he put up against the rest of the league.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... lphins-16/

And then there is this ...

Jason Lieser wrote:
5. Both Dolphins coordinators should keep their job.
That’s not the easiest argument to make when the Dolphins finish in the bottom quarter of the NFL in points scored and points allowed. But Clyde Christensen and Matt Burke should get another season.

In Christensen’s case, by his own description, he’s essentially an advisor to Gase. He’s a calming influence and a sounding board for the man who calls all the plays. Gase needs that. A veteran coach’s presence is essential for him this early in his head-coaching career. As for Burke, he’s an up-and-comer in the profession and one season as a defensive coordinator isn’t enough to come to a verdict on him. He’s smart and he’ll get this fixed with some personnel changes and maybe some moves among the position coaches on his staff.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... lphins-16/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:19 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I would love to go back to more of a 3-4.....With Suh playing Reggie White.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:00 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:

I always liked the 3-4 defense and hated it when Philben changed to a 4-3.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Very smart of Nagy to resign Fangio. Someone tell Gase that it is ok to fire your DC after one year.

RotoWorld wrote:
Bears re-signed DC Vic Fangio to a three-year contract. Fangio interviewed for Chicago's head-coaching vacancy last week but lost out to Chiefs OC Matt Nagy. He was also linked to defensive coordinator openings in Green Bay and Los Angeles (Chargers), but those jobs have since been filled. The Bears' defense was sneaky-good under Fangio this past season, ranking in the top-10 in passing yards allowed (seventh), points allowed (ninth) and total yards (10th). 2018 will be his fourth season in Chicago.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:01 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I always liked the 3-4 defense and hated it when Philben changed to a 4-3.
We don't have the linebackers for a 3-4. Heck, we don't have the linebackers for a 4-3.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]