Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: OT: Fired NFL Coaches
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:21 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFL.COM wrote:
FIRED COACHES

John Fox, Chicago Bears: The Bears parted ways with Fox after the team finished in the NFC North cellar for the third straight season under his guidance. Fox leaves Chicago with a 14-34 record over three seasons with the team. He's posted a 133-123 record over his career.

Jim Caldwell, Detroit Lions: The Lions fired Caldwell a day after the team missed the playoffs for the second time in three seasons. The Lions finished the season at 9-7 for the second straight year. Following a promising 6-4 start, the Lions quickly lost ground in the highly competitive NFC playoff race, hitting rock bottom in a Week 16 loss to a struggling Bengals team that annihilated Detroit's postseason aspirations.

Chuck Pagano, Indianapolis Colts: The Colts fired Pagano immediately after a 4-12 campaign -- his worst mark in his six years as Indy's head coach. The firing came shortly after the team's 22-13 win over the Houston Texans. Pagano posted a 53-43 record in Indianapolis. After posting three consecutive 11-5 marks that culminated in an appearance in the 2014 season's AFC Championship Game, the Colts failed to make the playoffs three straight seasons.

Ben McAdoo, New York Giants: The Giants fired McAdoo following a 2-10 start that saw the team briefly bench starting quarterback Eli Manning. McAdoo's firing comes less than two seasons into his tenure and just a year after helping guide Big Blue to a playoff berth in 2016. The 40-year-old finished with a 13-15 record as the Giants' coach.

Jack Del Rio, Oakland Raiders: Del Rio told reporters after the game that Raiders owner Mark Davis relieved him of his duties following Oakland's 30-10 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. The firing completes a stark turnaround from a playoff season in 2016 that brought plenty of optimism into this campaign, in which Del Rio's Raiders failed to meet expectations.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... velopments

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:16 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think Caldwell would be a good choice and knows Gase to help get the offense back on track and not be so vanilla. I don't want them to have an entirely new scheme. I think the right QB can make it work. But, it definitely needs tweaked so it's not so predictable. Hopefully we can find ourselves a GOOD offensive line coach.

I like Matt Burke.. but.. I think he needs help. Or if we are going to run a new defensive scheme. He needs replaced.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]