View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Wedding, 25th birthday make big weekend for Chad Henne 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Wedding, 25th birthday make big weekend for Chad Henne
Quote:
by Brian Biggane

As weekends go, they don’t get much more important than this one for Dolphins’ quarterback Chad Henne.

Today, July 2, Henne celebrates his 25th birthday. And Saturday he ends one of the longest courtships in recent memory when he marries longtime girlfriend Brittany Hartman in Perkasie, Pa., just outside Allentown.

Henne’s dedication to his craft is evidenced by the fact the couple has postponed the honeymoon to next year. That means that, while most of the coaching staff, front office and players are still finishing up their offseason vacations, he’ll be back at the team’s Davie practice facility preparing for the training camp that opens four weeks from today.

Speaking with miamidolphins.com recently, Henne said he doesn’t expect the kind of nerves he experienced when he took over for Chad Pennington midway through last year’s game at San Diego.

“I’ve been with her for so long now - for 10 years - and hopefully it’s going to be a piece of cake,” he said. “I know there will be nerves, but it will be good to have fun with it and give her what she deserves.”

Among the estimated 200 invited guests will be Jake Long, one of Henne’s best friends and his teammate for the past six years at both Michigan and Miami.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... had-henne/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:09 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Wedding, 25th birthday make big weekend for Chad Henne
Congrats Chad! I live about 15 minutes from Perkasie.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:41 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

curious, i've read 4 articles about Henne getting married this week, and all of them have made a point to say that Jake Long is expected and leave the statement at that. Then all of them go on to say how they've been teammates, and yata yata yata which is common knowledge to all dol fans....... curious though... Is Jake part of the bridal shower? best man? one of the best men? usher? anything, or just a guest..... not important at all of course. But I would be intrigued if ANY QB would pick their blind side protection as their best man.... especially one that has played with him for 6+ years.
Watch it is some dweeby PA kid that is a dispatch agent for the Pittsburgh PD and that they've known each other since kindergarten or something... who knows?

But will all the anecdotal stories out there, and each of these articles stating that Jake is going to be in attendance, I am intrigued to see what role he has in the wedding (especially since I am in the beginning stages of planning my own wedding for next fall)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ah 25... the last cool age for a man. Enjoy that drop in car insurance. Like it matters to you.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:10 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

25 , starting QB for a NFL team , millionaire .... crazy for getting married!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:26 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well....ya, but then there is guys like Ben Rothlesbuger. 10 years with a girl, even through college? Seems to me, this might be the right time for Henne...

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:30 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Almost makes me jealous. His wife will get to go to all the games, get all the Dolphin gear she wants and meet all the other players. I'd be in 7th heaven! :yay:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The most important piece of this post is missing...A picture of the Bride. Where is the paparazzi when you really need it?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]