Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Hey! What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

According to McShay Baker Mayfield would be there at 14 for Miami if the draft were held today!? And he doesn't have us taking him?? He's in on the ruse with the Dolphins, I tell you. It's a conspiracy I tell you. It's teasing us fans beyond what is reasonable and fair. He has us taking a guard out of Notre Dame, which we need but not if Mayfield is sitting there.

What do u draftnicks think of this?!

"McShay has these five players going immediately after the 14th pick, in order: Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith, Clemson defensive tackle Christian Wilkins, Boston College outside linebacker Harold Landry, Virginia Tech defensive end/outside linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 03949.html

Post subject: Re: Hey! What is this?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
According to McShay Baker Mayfield would be there at 14 for Miami if the draft were held today!?

Sorry, he won't be there. We see this every year. He will rise up to the top 5 (or higher) by the draft. If he is there, I say we draft him ... or trade up if he is just a couple picks away. I think his style of play fits Gase's type of quarterback. But, don't get me wrong. I am excited to have Tanny back ... but he is nearly 30.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:10 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

there's no assurance Tannehill will stay healthy...if he goes down, then what? There's no one to develop, no one to look forward to as the next one. Miami would then proceed to have another terrible season full of excuses and false promises.....they have to address it one way or another.....Cutler needs to be shipped out at the exact moment the game clock vs the Bills hits 0.00....I would have a beat up Ford Falcon, vibrating and spewing black smoke out the back, waiting for him with all his junk, all the tape of him throwing off his back foot, all his INT's, there as a "thank you" and drive him post haste to MIA for the one way flight out of town....

....back to Tannehill: even if he stays in one piece he hasn't answered the question is he the guy for the long term, so then we have two questions on him: 1) will he be able to stay healthy for the duration of this team rebuilding itself? This is a multi-year process, no way he stays upright through 32, 48 games, and 2) even if he stays on the field, is he the guy or not?

I say throw all the chips in, trade up if Mayfield drops within reach....darn the torpedoes! Get us a *&^%$#@ QB!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:15 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
I say throw all the chips in, trade up if Mayfield drops within reach....darn the torpedoes! Get us a *&^%$#@ QB!!!!

Hey, I would be all for this, but you have to have Tannenbaum with the team still. He is the one who likes to made big deals like this. Perhaps he, Grier, and Gase are good for each other. They seemed to find some gems in the last draft.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:40 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I've heard a lot about him, but am only reading about him now. He may be there for us as he is short for an NFL QB. I was all for drafting Russell Wilson in the early 2nd round when he came out because I knew he was the real deal, so, if scouts are this excited about him then I am definitely open to it.

Kiper's Big Board:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insid ... ts-ranking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ok, so then let's hope McShay and Kiper are ight and Mayfield drops.....we are way overdue for some good fortune....Marino dropping to us way down there at around 30 happened 35 frikken' years ago!! It's time Lady Luck shines on us...

...and by the way, finding us a QB isn't all that's needed here. I read somewhere, I have to find it, that in discussing Cutler and his garbage season here signing Kap would not have worked because, are u ready for this? Not for the Castro thing. Not for the protest thing. Because he wouldn't fit Gase's system?! Are U FRIGGGiN KIDDING ME!!! What "Gase system"? Does he have one? A bunch of runs into the back of 5,000 lb linemen, and then a 2 yard dump off?? It took the Whisperer almost 15 weeks to get a speedy player (Grant) into this plodding, unimaginative offense, and with limited and mostly cookie cutter plays at that.....high schools do better. I was watching Kiffen last night with his FAU Owls, he has some 5' 8" freshman, I mean, the kid is all of 17 or 18, but he can fly, and he was in there all the time, not just three or four times when the defense coulda kinda of expect some trickeration, and he was going on end arounds, quick screens, jet sweeps, and routes designed to get him open....an 18 yr old kid fresh out of HS learns an offense and his role in it in a few weeks but Gase can't get a 20 something, college product to do more than two things? That's on the coaches brother.

So we may get a QB but what will Mr. Gase do with it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:09 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I do not follow Kiper at all. He is terrible. McShay is pretty good but I refuse to pay for ESPN content. There are plenty of other good analysts to follow.

That said, if Mayfield is there and Miami passes I'll be highly disappointed. Highly disappointed! He'll have his growing pains but he has the assassin mentality you covet.

The QB situation in general needs so much more to play out first. Big rumors posted in the last few days are that Denver is going after Kirk Cousins in free agency. I don't believe Washington can tag him again. If this is true then take one top 10 QB pick out of the equation. They still have Paxton Lynch to groom.

If Sam Darnold doesn't enter the draft then I'd say Mayfield is a top 10 lock. Cleveland, both New York teams, and Arizona are all looking QB and currently pick ahead of Miami. Washington will as well if Cousins leaves and they pick right behind Miami.

The key I've read about on Mayfield is hand size. Word is he has smaller hands and that doesn't bode well for a QB in cold weather. Both Drew Brees and Russell Wilson have over 10 inch hands so they are fine.

I'd say take Cutler out of the equation but Barry Jackson reported that Miami hasn't ruled out bringing him back next year (in some capacity). This makes me want to vomit because he is the biggest tease at QB. If, and this is a big IF, Mayfield is on the board and a team is willing to offer Miami multiple picks for Tannehill I'd have to think they consider it. Of course Gase would have to love Mayfield.

We've gone over who may like Tannehill and I think it would be a playoff caliber team that just needs an efficient guy with a good arm. Arizona, Denver, Jacksonville (although I think Bortles has done enough to buy himself another year and save them picks) and now even Pittsburgh (Big Ben has hinted at retirement and they have a very physical, play action offense) would make sense.

Unfortunately for all of us who like big, exciting splash moves, I get the sense Miami is committed to Tannehill for one more year and will get another Day 3 guy. Luke Falk in the 4th Round, or one of Riley Ferguson, Logan Woodside, Kyle Laulettta, and Mike White in the 6th/7th seems most realistic.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
there's no assurance Tannehill will stay healthy...if he goes down, then what? There's no one to develop, no one to look forward to as the next one. Miami would then proceed to have another terrible season full of excuses and false promises.....they have to address it one way or another.....Cutler needs to be shipped out at the exact moment the game clock vs the Bills hits 0.00....I would have a beat up Ford Falcon, vibrating and spewing black smoke out the back, waiting for him with all his junk, all the tape of him throwing off his back foot, all his INT's, there as a "thank you" and drive him post haste to MIA for the one way flight out of town....

....back to Tannehill: even if he stays in one piece he hasn't answered the question is he the guy for the long term, so then we have two questions on him: 1) will he be able to stay healthy for the duration of this team rebuilding itself? This is a multi-year process, no way he stays upright through 32, 48 games, and 2) even if he stays on the field, is he the guy or not?

I can't believe you are allowed to say so many horrible things about Tannehill.. Addressing it one way or another? Blasphemy!

He was just about to get us out of the late twenties as an offense..This guy is on his way up too top ten status ss soon as that line gets fixed...
Our offensive system is built around guards and we need some better than Tunsil.
Tannehill saves!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Unless some lame front office offers the Fins the moon and all the planets for him, Tannehill has to stay here and remain healthy long enough for a top pick to develop, simple as that. This team has to have the vision and the cojones, especially after seeing this disastrous season and the Chip and Dale offense they rolled out there, to make the necessary move to shore up the QB position and if the right guy drops down to them, short, small hands, whatever, take him! These NFLers over scout that's why top players like Brady, Wilson, and this year's 3rd rounders Kamera of the Saints and Hunt of the Chiefs Hunt fall through. Three first round running backs were taken this year, none are as good as these two.

Mayfield played in Oklahoma and other similar cites, none I think are tropical, and the football used in college I think is the same circumference and weight as the NFL. He's got tons of tape of actual play, throwing on the run, moving in the pocket to buy time, accuracy downfield, a strong arm under pressure with touch, toughness in taking hits and running ability, none of the things these dumb a** sprints and measurements used in the combines validate.

And I think the kid is a natural leader and take no crap from nobody attitude. Reminds me of Marino getting all red in the face yelling at Duper and Clayton back in the day.

Mayfield is the guy if he's there. They don't take him and Gase basically signed his own "death" certificate as head coach here. He won't last two years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:38 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
Mayfield is the guy if he's there.

And this is the problem. If he is as legit as we all hope then he's not going to last until Miami's pick, especially if Darnold stays in school.

Another guy to keep an eye on is Nick Foles. I keep reading he is fall back option in Denver if they cannot land Kirk Cousins. He could shake up the QB market if he does well, again, down the stretch in Philly. Funny how he, Keenum and Goff all sucked with Jeff Fisher but are finding success with other coaches.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:45 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Just like the kid from Clemson dropped in Houston's lap this year at no. 12 it can happen to us if the right circumstances develop....I do hope that Mayfield does enough bad things from now on to drop. I don't mean get in trouble or anything but maybe grab his junk at the president or stuff like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:00 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Mayfield is not going to make it out of the top 5. Don't pay attention to most of the mock drafts right now, they're assigning players to teams by need, without looking at the systems the team runs. Mayfield is the next Russell Wilson with a little bit of Brees in him. Some of the drafts are still biased about size or seem to think teams are.

If by some miracle, Mayfield was with in our reach, there is no way we would take him. He runs a spread offense and Gase hates spread offense QB's. I know, I really want him too.

Gase does have an offense he runs, and it's actually suited for a more cerebral type QB. Tannehill is near perfect for it since I doubt Peyton Manning is willing to unretire. If I get more time later, I'll try to explain Gase's offense.

While most on here may think that Cutler sucks, bringing him back to back up Tannehill would be a smart move. The key being he has a year in Gase' system now under his belt.

Last edited by apatos13 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:12 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
The QB situation in general needs so much more to play out first. Big rumors posted in the last few days are that Denver is going after Kirk Cousins in free agency. I don't believe Washington can tag him again.

Though it's not going to happen, because Gase will not draft Mayfield and most likely Cleveland takes him with the number one pick, this could play into our hands to get him. If Washington can't sign Cousins and Denver does, Tannehill would make a perfect replacement for them. They trade us their first and we package it with ours and our second rounder, maybe a second next year, we could trade up to 3 or 4 to take him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:13 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Shula back in the day took his'n and beat your'n....you remember that? He had a passing offense with Unitas in Baltimore, then a ground and pound with Zonk, then a wide open offense again with Marino...and he was always in the championship chase...that's what makes HOF coaches....Gase right now and for immediate future can only hope for a back-in 8th seed, one and done thing....that don't cut it....

This guy Gase hasn't shown me anything, either with his system, whatever that may be, or with his play calling. And I might as well say it: his players don't respond to him. Up one day, down the next. He does not inspire the dedication that seeds consistency. That's on him

If he's going to be successful, forget Cutler and to a certain extent Tannehill. Gase's got to get TALENTED players, and adjust to his personnel, what they do best. He sticks with his arrogant, hard headed ways, and we'll be spinning our wheels for another decade.

And I'm running out of time.

Last edited by carreramia on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
Just like the kid from Clemson dropped in Houston's lap this year at no. 12 it can happen to us if the right circumstances develop....I do hope that Mayfield does enough bad things from now on to drop. I don't mean get in trouble or anything but maybe grab his junk at the president or stuff like that.

Watson didn't drop into their lap, they traded up to get him. Their first from last year and this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Well, that's what we are talking about....Watson dropped even though he was supposed to go higher....Mayfield drops and we have to go get him....simple as that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Imo say no to Cutler he is inconsistent, he already had a year in Gase system, too expensive and conveys disinterest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:43 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
Well, that's what we are talking about....Watson dropped even though he was supposed to go higher....Mayfield drops and we have to go get him....simple as that.

Watson was being described as a 2nd or 3rd Rounder by the time the draft rolled around. Both he and Patrick Mahomes being taken that high were surprises to the draft community (not NFL scouts obviously).

Miami doesn't currently have the ammo to trade up. That is why I keep saying it is more likely they take a guy with one of their 4th rounders. Every year there is a guy with 1st Round hype who falls to Round 3 or 4. Ryan Mallett, Connor Cook, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones are some of the more recent ones I remember.

Luke Falk is the spread QB Zatrex warns about but he can definitely play in the NFL. Cerebral, good leader, good feet and great accuracy. He actually strikes as a guy the Pats will take earlier than anyone else to sit behind Brady.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'm kind of surprised you guys seem to think it's a big gamble for Tannehill to stay healthy. Tannehill played behind the worst pass protection the NFL had to offer and it took almost 5 full seasons to knock him out of the lineup. Gase should have insisted Tannehill had the surgery a year ago, he would have probably been ready to start by the end of October. I think we would have had at least 3 more wins and looking pretty good to make the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:42 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

...and he'll continue to have the worst pass protection next year, and now with a balky knee, he may make it to Halloween, not sure about T-Giving.

Gotta have the NEXT guy here...

As to the price to move up? If Miami drafts 12, 13, or 14 (they should end up 6-10), and the kid is still there at 8, 9, I don't have Jimmy's draft trade value table in front of me but I would start with this years no. 1, Philly's no. 4, next years no. 1 and I would keep talking.....

Be bold, no half ways. Half ways equals .500....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:42 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Relive1972 wrote:
I'm kind of surprised you guys seem to think it's a big gamble for Tannehill to stay healthy. Tannehill played behind the worst pass protection the NFL had to offer and it took almost 5 full seasons to knock him out of the lineup. Gase should have insisted Tannehill had the surgery a year ago, he would have probably been ready to start by the end of October. I think we would have had at least 3 more wins and looking pretty good to make the playoffs.

The Dolphins were 13th in sacks allowed last year... That's the worst ?
He is slow...His timing is slow...

His numbers were almost identical to Cutler with good protection....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:52 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Relive1972 wrote:

I don't think he's a gamble. The guy's been running stadium steps for a month now. We can win with Tannehill next year, no problem. I think he took the step last year from being average to really good, but he's never going to be Aaron Rodgers or the next Dan Marino, a qb that can take an average team and make them look great.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:22 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Can't wait! He's a proven winner.
He's never played with a good supporting cast..

It's everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:50 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Kev1321 wrote:
Relive1972 wrote:

Weren't talking about last year alone. In the 5 year period from 2012-2016, Tannehill was sacked 213 times, more than any other QB during that time frame. My point was that Tannehill was pretty durable despite being sacked and hit so many times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:28 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Relive1972 wrote:
Weren't talking about last year alone. In the 5 year period from 2012-2016, Tannehill was sacked 213 times, more than any other QB during that time frame. My point was that Tannehill was pretty durable despite being sacked and hit so many times.

ur trying awful hard to give Tannehill credit for not having any pocket presence...for locking in on one receiver....and holding the ball too long.....add those up and despite having to play behind Dallas Thomas and his merry band of draft busts at guard, the line isn't entirely to blame for that number.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:29 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Relive1972 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Relive1972 wrote:

But last year don't count.... I see. Because last year that excuse didn't work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:30 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
Relive1972 wrote:

ur trying awful hard to give Tannehill credit for not having any pocket presence...for locking in on one receiver....and holding the ball too long.....add those up and despite having to play behind Dallas Thomas and his merry band of draft busts at guard, the line isn't entirely to blame for that number.

Tunsil was the guard last year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:32 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

The mocking of Nelson to Miami and the suggestion of trying to take Mayfield reminds me of the year Tony Romo was considered to be aging and fragile and Dallas (specifically Jerry Jones) was rumored to be high on Johnny Manziel, but the front office opposed and took Zach Martin. I'm sure Dallas is happy with their choice. If I had to choose right now, I'd take the gauranteed guy in Nelson. Let's see what Mayfield can do against some of the best defense in all of college football with the upcoming playoff first. UGA ranks up in tops in a lot of categories, if Mayfield gets OU past them, the he's going to have to face either of the other two great remaining defenses in Alabama or Clemson.

Im not sold on Mayfield at all, and Oklahoma runs an offense that will make plenty of QBs shine. He even kind of has that Manziel-esque personality. There is one player from OU that appeals to me, though, that I'd love to see Tannehill throwing TDs to, and that's Mark Andrews.

Let Tannehill have a chance to thrive in Gases offense with another supreme pass catching talent or another blue Chip olineman blocking for him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:49 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

the final analysis of Mayfield shouldn't be alone on how he does in two games. Even top NFL QBs today struggle when they play top rated defenses but feast against the other thirteen, fourteen games he plays and those are what you need to make your team a playoff, SB contender year in year out.

I would take him if he's there, Nelson does not rank anywhere like Zach Martin did...that's a luxury Miami can't afford IF, and that's the issue here, IF, Mayfield drops to them or is still there close enough that they can trade up for him.....Miami needs to be prepared to move on from Tannehill who by next fall hasn't taken a snap in almost two years, is coming off major knee surgery and all his technical flaws as QB remain....

That's only one part of it. If Tannehill is re-injured who does Miami turn to? 2018 would be just another wasted season as Cutler should not be resigned and having to settle for Matt Moore again is more of the same wheel spinning we've had now for years. Having the next young guy, hey, you throw him in there and we are off with the next era, or at least we find out if he's the real deal or not.

Offensive linemen are precious commodities I agree but the QB position is a thousand times more important. Miami should beef up the guard position through FA, or by moving Tunsil back inside and paying for a tackle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:12 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Miami should beef up the guard position through FA, or by moving Tunsil back inside and paying for a tackle.

It's a bad year for guards in FA. I think Larsen is number 5 on the list that could be available. We can get guards in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in this draft and should.

Code:
And I think the kid is a natural leader and take no crap from nobody attitude. Reminds me of Marino getting all red in the face yelling at Duper and Clayton back in the day.

Mayfield is. This kid is the real deal. But we're not going to have a shot at him. He'll go in the top 5 and that's even if Darnold comes out. He's not another Manziel.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:09 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

zatrex99 wrote:
Quote:
Miami should beef up the guard position through FA, or by moving Tunsil back inside and paying for a tackle.

It's a bad year for guards in FA. I think Larsen is number 5 on the list that could be available. We can get guards in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in this draft and should.

Code:

Mayfield is. This kid is the real deal. But we're not going to have a shot at him. He'll go in the top 5 and that's even if Darnold comes out. He's not another Manziel.

Why, do we need 5 guards?

And can't we sing a tackle and move Tunsil back where he played better,

Oh wait the guards sucked last night year.

Miami..The only team in the NFL that guard is a premium position.

Hey I have an idea, how about we get a qb.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:48 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Why can't someone sing a different tune?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:26 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I know..I get sick of all the premium position guard talk, myself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

carreramia wrote:
the final analysis of Mayfield shouldn't be alone on how he does in two games. Even top NFL QBs today struggle when they play top rated defenses but feast against the other thirteen, fourteen games he plays and those are what you need to make your team a playoff, SB contender year in year out.

I would take him if he's there, Nelson does not rank anywhere like Zach Martin did...that's a luxury Miami can't afford IF, and that's the issue here, IF, Mayfield drops to them or is still there close enough that they can trade up for him.....Miami needs to be prepared to move on from Tannehill who by next fall hasn't taken a snap in almost two years, is coming off major knee surgery and all his technical flaws as QB remain....

That's only one part of it. If Tannehill is re-injured who does Miami turn to? 2018 would be just another wasted season as Cutler should not be resigned and having to settle for Matt Moore again is more of the same wheel spinning we've had now for years. Having the next young guy, hey, you throw him in there and we are off with the next era, or at least we find out if he's the real deal or not.

Offensive linemen are precious commodities I agree but the QB position is a thousand times more important. Miami should beef up the guard position through FA, or by moving Tunsil back inside and paying for a tackle.

"And the third of the top-three overall prospects is a guard. That’s right, a guard. Notre Dame’s Quenton Nelson is probably the most agreed upon prospect that I’ve discussed with scouts. When I told an exec last week that I’d probably write that Nelson was “maybe a better guard prospect than ex-teammate Zack Martin,” he told me to take the “maybe” out of there. In 2014, Martin, you may remember, became the first rookie linemen to make first-team All-Pro in 57 years. I had Nelson going fifth in my mock."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/27/2018-nfl-mock-draft-notes-marcus-davenport-quenton-nelson-tremaine-edmunds-derwin-james

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:18 pm 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Mayfield looked pretty average when Georgia started pressuring him! No thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:28 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Georgia would make a few NFL QBs look bad too....his first half numbers showed what he can do in a major stage, the fact that GA adjusted and OK didn't it's on the coaching staff.....

....this team can't afford to go another year w/out taking a QB in the 1st round if one drops near....if T-Hill goes down again, despite wasting ten million on some mercenary, this team proved we have nothing in reserve...just look at all the key rankings....bottom of the barrel everywhere you look.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I can't believe Cutler is still in the conversation. He said he would have to start (the nerve of the backup,lol)and if Tannehill is the man, Cutler should be Packing.

If the O-Line doesn't get fixed, Tannehill will not last. I sure hope it does so we can see all this hype come to fruition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:34 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Mayfield looked mediocre, if not terrible, on throws in the 10-15 yards and deeper range...even with all the time in the world to thow when UGA wasn't able to put pressure on him. It's easy to have inflated stats when you have wrs like Oklahoma's. Bubble screens, quick outs, slants, etc...king of the dink and dunk spread offense. He wasn't even the better QB in the game.

Plus, he had over a month of free time to correct his biggest flaw...his off the field (even on the field) antics. The "Pretenders" sign coming to the game, the disrespecting of walking through UGA wrs pregame warmups, the throat slash gesture after the Blankenship missed field goal, the "better get them some help, they're going to need it" comment...he may be considered "fiery and motivating", but it seemed to motivate the opponent more than his own team. Also, that "flu like symptoms"...ha! More is coming out on that, and it's strongly suggested that he partied too hard and had an extreme hangover.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:43 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

show me an altar boy and I'll show you.......an altar boy.

And no self respecting NFL personnel dept makes a final judgement on any player from just one game, even less so a player at such an important position perhaps commanding that all important first round pick.

If I recall, Deshawn Watson last year had a number of flaws in his game going into the draft last year. I think he turned out pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:55 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

carreramia wrote:
show me an altar boy and I'll show you.......an altar boy.

And no self respecting NFL personnel dept makes a final judgement on any player from just one game, even less so a player at such an important position perhaps commanding that all important first round pick.

If I recall, Deshawn Watson last year had a number of flaws in his game going into the draft last year. I think he turned out pretty good.

The one game where he needed to shine most, he didn't against a defense that you consider would give a few NFL QBs look bad (Stidham and Lock looked pretty good against UGA)...I'm talking about his whole body of work. Cool, he puts up stats! Big deal...so did Timmy Chang. I can name more, but the point is he's a product of Oklahoma's offense as was Chang, Harrell, Brennan, Jones...

I can see where you come from with Watson, but he's is humble, completely opposite of Mayfield. His character speaks for itself. Plus, he was considered pro potential coming out of high school.

There are "alter boys" that do play the position, and being a fan, I'd want that characteristic in my QB. I would want to raise kids to be fans of a QB that has a role model type persona. I wouldn't want a QB who'd rather go out and party all night with the biggest game of his life a week away...or any of the other baggage that, particularly, Mayfield comes with. There are way more "flaws" in Mayfield than Watson.

If there is self respecting NFL personnel departments, I can see Mayfield completely falling out of the first round since that first round pick is so important....Falling out of first round might just be what Mayfield needs the most to send a message. Desperation, which is the worst position to be in, does make teams reach and that's the only way I do see him being picked in first round.

Theres 3-4 better pro prospects, with better measurables, intangibles, and developmental characteristics that would be worth being picked over Mayfield, but none of which I'd want my Phins to invest a 1st round pick in.

Nelson, Roquan, Fitzpatrick, or Andrews for me.

PS...GO DAWGs!

Last edited by Project86JLL13 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next