Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi, New Member Here
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:08 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Hi guys, thanks for letting me in. Some here already know me, Rich, Gus, Owen, for those that don't I'm glen and I'm glad to meet you. The aforementioned guys and I were originally from the old Sun Sentinel message board like 18 years ago. I've been a fan of the Dolphins since 1966 when I was just 6 years old. I didn't understand a lot about football back then, but since they were the only pro team in Florida then (in any sport), i became a fan. So yeah, I was able to witness the glory years of the early 70s, the 3 SBs in a row, the undefeated season, all of the seasons under Shula, the Marino years, and all the seasons since those two left. I have watched almost every game up until this season when I cancelled the Sunday Ticket, because I refuse to give the NFL another dime as long as they allow protests during our national anthem.

I did go to a Sports Bar today to watch the Bills game. I can't for the life of me figure out how Cutler can look so good against the Pats, then follow it up with a 3 pick performance like today. The only thing consistent about Cutler is his inconsistency. I'll be glad next year when Tannehill returns. I'm hoping we get enough pieces over the offseason to finally challenge for the division.

Anyways, again, thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to some good conversations about our Phins.

Post subject: Re: Hi, New Member Here
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:43 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Welcome my friend...good loyal Fin fans here...As u know from the old board I never wanted Cutler here...today he displayed who he is....I feel for Gase who u see agonizing on the sideline watching Cutlers terrible play and helpless to do anything about it...look fwd to ur contributions

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:16 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Thanks C for getting me in

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:03 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Welcome!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:29 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Welcome!

Pitt just shot themselves in the foot today. I swear NE's luck will never die.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:39 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Welcome Relive1972 hope you find a home at Phinfever.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Relive1972 wrote:
I've been a fan of the Dolphins since 1966 when I was just 6 years old. I didn't understand a lot about football back then, but since they were the only pro team in Florida then (in any sport), i became a fan.

Hey, thanks for joining in with us! It is good to have another old-timer on the forum as I've been following the Dolphins since 1970 when my Dad was stationed in Key West. Those were great times, and I was thrilled to meet Larry Csonka back then. If you need anything, feel free to contact me or my moderators. We'll be happy to help you out. Some of the guys here are very opinionated, so, do not get offended easily. Welcome!

Dave

carreramia wrote:
I feel for Gase who u see agonizing on the sideline watching Cutlers terrible play and helpless to do anything about it...look fwd to ur contributions

I'm with you on that. You could see Gase's frustrations as he felt his players were finally "getting it" only to see the defense fold up and Cutler overthrow passes that were beyond 10 yards. His overpaid defensive line gave Tyrod Taylor all day to throw the ball. The Bills and Jets became better this year by releasing players. Maybe we will see the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:47 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Well Gase brought Cutler on himself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Well Gase brought Cutler on himself.

And on us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:02 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Thanks everyone for the welcomes..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

...ok, enough with the pleasantries...let's get down to business.

Question: What are your off-season priorities and do you address the QB position in rds. 2, 3?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:49 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:

Question: What are your off-season priorities and do you address the QB position in rds. 2, 3?

First off, welcome Glen.

To answer your questions:

Re-sign Landry

Free up cap space from bad contracts (Thomas, James, Larsen and maybe Pouncey)

Free up more cap space by restructuring Tannehill and extending Wake another year.

Extend Bobby McCain, re-sign Fede

If you don't want to stick with Tannehill then explore trade options, accumulate picks, and trade up to get Baker Mayfield. This team needs a gutsy assassin at QB.

If you want to stick with Tannehill but fortify in Round 2 or 3 then hope Clayton Thorson declares. Luke Falk would be a nice Round 3 option. This kid Kyle Lauletta kid sneak in, but I'm not sure he is in the Jimmy G caliber.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:33 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

carreramia wrote:

I want at least one good to great guard, someone you can stick on the OL and not worry about that position for 10 years. I also want at least one LB that can cover a TE, and a CB that can cover WRs without getting toasted consistently. And yes, a QB who can not only be a suitable backup to Tanny, but also a real threat to take the starting job from him. Whether that comes in rd 1, 2, or 3.....or even 6, I don't care. Is that too much to ask for?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:51 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Relive1972 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

I want at least one good to great guard, someone you can stick on the OL and not worry about that position for 10 years. I also want at least one LB that can cover a TE, and a CB that can cover WRs without getting toasted consistently. And yes, a QB who can not only be a suitable backup to Tanny, but also a real threat to take the starting job from him. Whether that comes in rd 1, 2, or 3.....or even 6, I don't care. Is that too much to ask for?

From everything I can gather it sounds like Tunsil, Pouncey and Davis are safe to return on the OL. I think Miami spends a Day 2 pick on a guard to replace Larsen and probably a Day 3 pick to compete with Eric Smith and a cheap vet at RT. Ja'Wuan James would have to return at a bargain deal and with the way teams overpay why would he?

I think your wish will be granted with that LB request. The CBs should be okay to be honest, just need freaking Matt Burke to stick with the press man coverage.

Unless Miami either loses out or trades up they probably won't land a 1st Round QB. I'm going to keep digging through scouting info to see if the next Jimmy G is out there. The problem is a lot of these guys need a year or so to learn how to call plays from the huddle and get adjusted. Look at Goff and Wentz last year (most thought Goff a bust) compared to this year. I think Mayfield and Jackson have the best potential in the 1st Round crowd.

I still see Luke Falk as a Gase type of QB, just needs to show his arm is good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

:reaper Fresh fish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:17 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Relive1972 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

I want at least one good to great guard, someone you can stick on the OL and not worry about that position for 10 years. I also want at least one LB that can cover a TE

That alone would be wonderful.... Add in a TE that can catch a football and we are really cooking

PS: Welcome aboard ...

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]