Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pats at Fins
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:18 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well, I'm sad to say that I'm really not excited about our fins anymore....Anyway, I believe the Pats will punish us. Pats 35-Fins 17

Post subject: Re: Pats at Fins
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Just hit Brady!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is Bradys house of doom.
Fins 31
NE 16.
NE looking ahead to the Steelers.
Cutler goes deep to Stills all night.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:07 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Miami 37, NE 31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:41 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

24 to 6 Phins.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

It would be nice to come out in the first quarter looking like we want to win the game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

It would be nice to score TD's instead of settle for FG's.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:14 pm 

Nobody in the AFC wants to see this team in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 pm 

Rebuild ... Really?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Cutler should have run for that 1st down. Gave it right back to Brady. This is a key drive.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Suh with a huge sack.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phins win how sweet it is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Gruden is crediting the win to NE's injuries....still no respect when we knock Brady around and hold him to 0 for 11 in 3rd down plays for the first time in his career.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
Nobody in the AFC wants to see this team in the playoffs.

What is really scary is that you see all the things that have plagued us this season, yet we dominated. We could easily have scored 45 points tonight. And even as we had to sweat that last drive, you could almost see the Patriots were beat. No, they never give up, but they looked beat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I taped the game. Been a rough season. I saw a little while at the gym. Should have been a blowout....Grant dropping that beautiful deep TD ball from Cutler was mind-numbing and gave the Patriots life. The defense played a great game and Xavien Howard seems to be maturing fast. Gronk’s absence is a lame excuse for the Pats not winning...half of our roster is injured.

I would love to see the Steelers trash the Pats next week, but hard to care. I hate the Steelers only slightly less. I was hoping for an Eagles win in the stupor bowl, but they are Wentzless and SOL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:41 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

If you don't think Brady isn't scared of Suh...Just watch this game.

Suh is in his head.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 am 

We are going to win out. This is now a very dangerous team. Would not want to be Buffalo looking at us twice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Agree that it was a fun win, seeing Brady getting knocked around and frustrated on the sidelines is the best Xmas present the Fins could give me in what is just another disappointing season....and seeing it on national TV after those other embarrassing beat downs is that more special...but it doesn't change anything about this roster....the planets aligned, with the Pats looking past the Fins, that and the Miami thing for Brady, which can't be explained really....no completion to WRs for like 3 qtrs? No third down conversions?? You can play them 100 times and that won't ever happen.....

The Drake thing was the most satisfactory thing, but I have to temper it with the thought that this NE defense is a who's who of nobodies....how they can compete in the post season with this rag tag group, even with a Brady, would be incredible....also, that Hakeem Grant TD catch over pro bowler Butler should convince Gase to give this guy more snaps...yeah, he should have caught the bomb but that shouldn't be a downer on Grant....that speed has to get playing time.....Parker has gotten lots of playing time most of which he doesn't deserve.

anyway, a nice win to enjoy, even if just for one week....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Great win and the crow tastes good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Cutler just can't get any help..Dropped passes bad routes... And the line is just bad.. That run blocking!

Hopefully he can his hot streak and beat Buffalo twice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

My biggest takeaway is Xavien Howard finding his groove. Its one thing to dominate Trevor Simiean, but embarrassing Brady and taking away Brandin Cooks?

If this kid is turning a corner then Miami CB spot will be awesome next year with him, Tank and McCain.

Give Tannenbaum his due for TJ McDonald. That guy makes big plays.

Suddenly this defense looks really good. And Charles Harris was harassing Brady all night which is a great sign for the kid.

Only negatives I can come up with are Devante Parker and Ted Larsen. Parker took a few nice short throws down the line but he nearly gave NE a pick 6 opportunity on his 2nd drop.

And where is Leonte Carroo for God sakes? A 5'6 guy is catching jump balls in the end zone and a drop prone head case are playing ahead of him. Gase is trying to build up Parker's confidence but his errors will eventually be game changing.

Miami went from not winning another game to possibly getting 8 wins. Its all the more maddening when you think that this team could have 8 or 9 wins now. Nice to see Gase get creative and Burke finally use press man.

Oh, and sign Landry!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I do so want to believe in these young guys but we have to see more of it...I mean, where has Howard been? The same with DT Jordan Phillips who at times dominates. And Parker? And I have to include Tunsil who at times looks lost out there. Obviously sometimes they will go up against someone equal or better and won't look good but it's been up and down for these guys now going on two years. Harris at DE looks very good at times but he's a rookie so he gets a pass now but next year he needs to make his mark. All in all, as the game last night wore on you could see how well the defense can play when they have the lead, much like they did last week vs Denver. If week to week we can get this type of running game and high completion percentage that moves the chains this would be a whole different team. Duh! I know it's obvious but that's where we are.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:35 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Patriots were in give up mode... Buffalo will be much more prepared.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

if Taylor can't play they don't have a QB....assuming there isn't blizzard conditions that has to give the Fins a huge edge,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:16 am 

This loss has NE rattled. Scraping the barrel with Kenny Britt.
Fat lady is warming up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
This loss has NE rattled. Scraping the barrel with Kenny Britt.
Fat lady is warming up.

The Patriot rein is ovah....Gone are the days of the number one seed from easy cup cake division rival wins.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
if Taylor can't play they don't have a QB....assuming there isn't blizzard conditions that has to give the Fins a huge edge,

Going on the road against a division rival...eh, I don't know about a huge edge. Miami's last two wins have come at home. They now have to go on the road two weeks in a row. Both teams are beatable if Cutler is efficient, the OL opens up lanes for Drake, and the defense pressures the QB into turnovers.

Just read Taylor is getting starter reps in practice.

I really hope this isn't another come back down to earth game for Miami.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

if Taylor plays then the recipe is there for another Fins disappointment....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:25 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

The Dolphins swept the Bills last year with Taylor. I know this is a different team but if they show up to play it can be good. They are calling for 34 degrees and cloudy in Buffalo for Sunday, but that can change.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

We have a bunch of qb's better that Tyrod...I wouldn't want him in Miami even if he was available.

Gase has his number..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:22 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
BY ADAM H. BEASLEY
abeasley@miamiherald.com

▪ Ndamukong Suh did something remarkable for a defensive tackle Monday: He played all 61 snaps.

“He didn’t want to come out,” defensive coordinator Matt Burke said.

And because the Dolphins got off the field so well — the Patriots converted none of their of 11 third downs, much to Burke’s surprise — Suh didn’t have to.

Suh was a force, sacking Tom Brady once and hitting him twice. He also had three tackles.

But was it his best game of the year? Burke wouldn’t go that far, saying Suh always affects the game, regardless of his stat line.

Suh hates the Patriots!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:11 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I would still send him packing if it can be done without incurring the wrath of the cap....his production isn't all that admirable, and we have the two rooks plus Phillips.....use his money down the road for the.....drum rollllll....offensive line!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:43 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NJDolphan3065 wrote:
The Dolphins swept the Bills last year with Taylor. I know this is a different team but if they show up to play it can be good. They are calling for 34 degrees and cloudy in Buffalo for Sunday, but that can change.

the Fins may have swept the Bills last year but overall, Taylor has good games against the Fins....this today from the Palm Beach Post.

Taylor has played well — at times outstanding — in four career games against Miami, which resulted in a sweep by the Bills in 2015 but a Dolphins sweep last season.

Overall, Taylor has a sparkling 121.2 passer rating against the Dolphins, thanks to eight touchdown passes and zero interceptions.

His passer rating against everybody else: 88.2. Taylor’s rating against Miami is better than his rating against any other team he has faced more than twice.

It didn’t take Taylor long to start picking apart the Dolphins. In his first appearance against them, he went 21-of-29 for 277 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a 41-14 rout that signaled the beginning of the end for Joe Philbin.

By the time the teams met again, Philbin was long gone and Taylor was hitting stride. The Bills came to Miami and rolled 33-17 with Taylor having to attempt just 12 passes. Oh, but he completed 11 for 181 yards, one TD and a near-perfect 146.5 passer rating.

The closest the Dolphins have come to corralling Taylor came in Meeting No. 3, a 28-25 Dolphins victory in October 2016. Taylor was 14-of-28 for 221 yards and one touchdown but was sacked four times.

In the most recent meeting, last Christmas Eve in Buffalo, the Dolphins won 34-31 despite Taylor’s 329 passing yards (and three TDs) plus 60 rushing yards.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:44 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
I would still send him packing if it can be done without incurring the wrath of the cap....his production isn't all that admirable, and we have the two rooks plus Phillips.....use his money down the road for the.....drum rollllll....offensive line!!

Are you talking about Suh? If you release him this year its $3 million in savings and $23 million in dead money. Next year I think it becomes like $15 million in savings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:21 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

yes, Suh....23m is big time I know but with 15m we can do two OLinemen....we can't afford him, not with so many other needs and really, he's made little difference in our defensive performance..people run on the Fins and the pass rush is only effective when they have the lead, which is rare.....how long does his contract run?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:22 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Keep Suh imo. He is a pro bowl difference makes. Teams game plan for him. He is disruptive and allows other players to go one on one. He can be used more creatively with the right d mind I think the new d coordinator is growing into his job.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:17 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
yes, Suh....23m is big time I know but with 15m we can do two OLinemen....we can't afford him, not with so many other needs and really, he's made little difference in our defensive performance..people run on the Fins and the pass rush is only effective when they have the lead, which is rare.....how long does his contract run?

We have the worst offensive line in football. We are always leading the league in sacks and hits.... How would Tom Brady do getting sacked as much as Cutler?

More money needs to be dumped on the line to make it better... We cant run because of the line and our qb cant stay upright... Its this darn line keeping us down!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

right, and it ain't gonna get fixed until they try, and try hard, by spending FA money wisely and drafting better than they have....I would start with the cap space that Suh is taking up...sure, hate to let go of his caliber of player but the resources have to come from somewhere, and really, if he were a QB, no, you don't let that go, but a DT? When you have potentially 3 others here already, young and inexpensive, combine that with the right middle linebacker, our defense against the run couldn't be much worse than now with Suh. But of course, letting Suh go will not be done, he was a splash signing by Ross/TennenBUM, trying to put the Fins in the headlines, much that that got us.

I say move him and let's move on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:00 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Moving on from Suh this year does little to nothing for cap relief. After next year is when you would save $15 million.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ok then ....in 2019

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]