View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ex-Dolphins QB/WR Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8033
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Ex-Dolphins QB/WR Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting
:boo: :boo:

Quote:
Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 30, 2010 6:36 PM ET

So I went on the Game 102.1 FM in Virginia Beach this afternoon to talk about Michael Vick. Before the segment was over, the hosts (Johnny D. and Bartley Barefoot) proceeded to break some news.

The radio station has sources that Marcus Vick, Michael's brother, was involved in the shooting that took place after Vick's 30th birthday party last Friday morning. It's uncertain what "involved" means here precisely. ESPN's Adam Schefter said earlier on Wednesday that he believes the shooter will turn himself in to authorities soon.

I was surprised initially to hear the Marcus Vick connection, and couched my response with a lot of "ifs" and "possiblys" regarding the situation. Barefoot had no such equivocation, saying his sources were sure Marcus Vick was involved.

We'll continue to track the story, as will a growing number of national sources. ESPN led their NFL coverage today on air and online with Michael Vick's timeline problem.

The longer this story drags on, the more uncomfortable it grows for Vick, not to mention the Eagles and Roger Goodell.

Vick could really use that shooter to come forward quickly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -shooting/

_________________
Phinfever Facebook

Image


Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Image


Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ex-Dolphins QB/WR Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting
Some people never learn. The Vicks are examples of this.

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 406
Post Re: Ex-Dolphins QB/WR Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting
You know, you gotta feel bad for them..... Personally, Im a fan. I loved what Mike Vick can do. He was electrifying.... plus in the NFC so not much our problem to hate...kinda like Adrian peterson nowadaways, no reason to hate a guy in the other league that is a play maker like that...... And you have to understand his circumstance, that hes a punk ass, from a punk neighborhood, and got rich quick with get skill and doesnt know much to do with it in immaturity. And hes gotta lil brother that has this permanent media shadow over him by your own fame....... MIke Vick superstar. Marcus Vick (could be a sexy ATHLETE like his brother...... but under no circumstance is he anywhere near as gifted) and stuck in this shadow of the older brother, and more rebellious, and now is too brash to heed the warning of his own brothers saga.... this is all an example of bad apples just being what they are.... some people arent meant to amount to much even when granted countless numbers of opportunities not capitolized on, and resorting back to what you were exposured to in your unfortunate times. Shame.... I rooted for him to make our roster with Saban.


Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8033
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Ex-Dolphins QB/WR Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting
Iowafin wrote:
Some people never learn. The Vicks are examples of this.


I think Michael Vick is a far better person than his brother Marcus. At least Michael has shown remorse and has been willing to try to right his wrongs. You will not find that in his brother. He's a habitual criminal. If he is guilty I hope they throw the book at him.


RotoWorld wrote:
The extent of Marcus' involvement is unknown, but we can't say we'd be the least bit surprised if he played a major role considering his track record. The last Rotoworld post done on Marcus, in August of 2009, was from a report that he'd been sentenced to 20 days in jail for a probation violation stemming from eluding police. He's been in trouble with the law several times dating back to Virginia Tech. Marcus also has a history of gun-related arrests.

www.rotoworld.com

_________________
Phinfever Facebook

Image


Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Image


Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3239
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Ex-Dolphins QB/WR Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting
Big Dave wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Some people never learn. The Vicks are examples of this.


I think Michael Vick is a far better person than his brother Marcus. At least Michael has shown remorse and has been willing to try to right his wrongs. You will not find that in his brother. He's a habitual criminal. If he is guilty I hope they throw the book at him.


RotoWorld wrote:
The extent of Marcus' involvement is unknown, but we can't say we'd be the least bit surprised if he played a major role considering his track record. The last Rotoworld post done on Marcus, in August of 2009, was from a report that he'd been sentenced to 20 days in jail for a probation violation stemming from eluding police. He's been in trouble with the law several times dating back to Virginia Tech. Marcus also has a history of gun-related arrests.

http://www.rotoworld.com


That not saying a whole helluva lot to say Mike Vick is a better person than his brother.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ex-Dolphins QB/WR Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting
phinsfansc wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Some people never learn. The Vicks are examples of this.


I think Michael Vick is a far better person than his brother Marcus. At least Michael has shown remorse and has been willing to try to right his wrongs. You will not find that in his brother. He's a habitual criminal. If he is guilty I hope they throw the book at him.


RotoWorld wrote:
The extent of Marcus' involvement is unknown, but we can't say we'd be the least bit surprised if he played a major role considering his track record. The last Rotoworld post done on Marcus, in August of 2009, was from a report that he'd been sentenced to 20 days in jail for a probation violation stemming from eluding police. He's been in trouble with the law several times dating back to Virginia Tech. Marcus also has a history of gun-related arrests.

http://www.rotoworld.com


That not saying a whole helluva lot to say Mike Vick is a better person than his brother.

Exactly. But I wasn't saying Mike is a bad person, just saying he never learns. He gets into prison, loses millions and lets down the entire Falcons' organization, then a year after being shuffled back into the NFL he throws a huge party in the same area where those dirtbags are for sure to show up.
It's one to thing to have a party...it's another to invite 300 people where you can't keep track of what all is happening. Did he shoot anyone? No...but it's just dumb to even come close to being in that sort of situation.

I don't think Vick deserves jail time, or miss playing time...but he needs to have some of his money revoked so he's not able to throw extravagant parties. Just give him enough to eat and live comfortably, then see if he really loves the game.

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Rock Sexton and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.