All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Philly got him back for 4 Years $52 million, over 50% guaranteed.

I'd say to Jarvis Landry right now we can give you something similar in guaranteed money but cut down the overall cost. Maybe 4 years $44 million with $30 million guaranteed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:29 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

jammer wrote:
Philly got him back for 4 Years $52 million, over 50% guaranteed.

I'd say to Jarvis Landry right now we can give you something similar in guaranteed money but cut down the overall cost. Maybe 4 years $44 million with $30 million guaranteed.

So Jeffery will average $13 million per season which ties him with TY Hilton as the joint 7th highest paid receiver in the league. That's good value for the Eagles if Jeffery can stay healthy. In some ways I was surprised at the Bears for letting him go, he would have been a perfect weapon for their young quarterback or even the guy they paid in Mike Glennon.

Personally I place Landry in the same tier as Doug Baldwin and Keenan Allen, which is $11.5 million per season. If he is willing to sign a similar contract (e.g. Baldwin got $46 million and Allen got $45 million), then I would say we should get the deal done because he's an important player for this team. However, if he starts to want more money heading towards the Julio Jones and Demaryius Thomas tier (i.e. $14 million per season), then I would look at our options in dealing him if that means tag and trade. So I'm in agreement with you in the amounts suggested, they seem like market value for him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

So much for him coming here to play with Gase. I guess we dont have much cloudt anymore.
I would be careful about Landry. Have ro resign him at the right price. Catching 2 yard TD passes at garbage time makes stats deceiving.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:22 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Mike8272 wrote:
Personally I place Landry in the same tier as Doug Baldwin and Keenan Allen, which is $11.5 million per season. If he is willing to sign a similar contract (e.g. Baldwin got $46 million and Allen got $45 million), then I would say we should get the deal done because he's an important player for this team. However, if he starts to want more money heading towards the Julio Jones and Demaryius Thomas tier (i.e. $14 million per season), then I would look at our options in dealing him if that means tag and trade. So I'm in agreement with you in the amounts suggested, they seem like market value for him.

Seems reasonable. Tag him and you overpay but have a reliable weapon next year for either Tannehill's comeback or a rookie's initial season. I don't know that Miami would net a lot in a trade, but if you can get a 2nd Rounder or maybe multiple 3rds its better than simply a 3rd Round comp pick for letting him walk.

No one offered a 2nd Rounder for him at the deadline but maybe in the offseason teams are more willing to talk.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I'm sure Philadelphia saw my posts and got scared. Alshon owes me a little of his bonus. :)

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]