All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rather than drag this out I decided to lump these positions together for one thread. The OL most certainly deserves its own write up so we'll save that for Thursday.

First and foremost lets start with QB. As of now only Ryan Tannehill is under contract for 2018. Jay Cutler and Matt Moore are UFAs, David Fales is an RFA and Brandon Doughty is on the practice squad. Ryan Tannehill has a cap hit of $19 million but it can be easily restructured down to $14 million by kicking some of the guarantees to 2019. It makes complete financial sense, both for Miami and Tannehill, to do that and I expect it happens over the winter. I'm not going to get into debates about what Tannehill is or is not at QB. Armando Salguero, Barry Jackson, Ian Rapapport, Jay Glazer, Albert Breer and several other sources have said he will be Miami's starter in 2018. Beyond that is a huge question and his contract is easily escapable. Maybe Jacksonville or Denver offer an unreal trade package for him prior to the draft, but lets not start walking down that path yet. I do not expect any of the other QBs, outside of Doughty as a camp arm to return.

Even Miami knows its time to address the position. Tannehill will be 30 and coming off a major knee injury. Moore is not a starter, Cutler is damaged goods and the others are nice Preseason stories. Tannehill restructuring will free up $5 million (team is currently at $17 million for next year). Miami could use that money to target a young free agent but I think it goes toward locking up one of their own free agents. Miami will have to use either its top pick or a Day 2 pick to secure a guy they think can play early in his career. The upcoming draft has a lot of depth at the position and I've listed several names before. There are 5 current prospects who are receiving top 10 talk and its highly likely Miami picks in that realm. What they will need to decide is whether that group is equivalent to the 2011 crop or worth such a premium pick. The latest I'd guess is the 3rd Round to address the position. Look for a player who currently is in an NFL offense, or, has shown he can at least carry his college team despite some inferior supporting cast members.

RB went from fantasy juggernaut to problem situation in the blink of an eye. A lot of this can be blamed on the OL but now Miami has a big need to fill. Kenyan Drake and Senorise Perry are under contract for next year. Damien Williams is a Gase guy and did very well last year with 6 total TDs. I expect him back on a deal similar to the $1.7 million he is making this year. The problem is that the RB by committee was a problem last year and hasn't been effective since Jay Ajayi's departure. Drake has fumble issues and seems like more of a 3rd Down/Receiving weapon. Miami will again have to turn to the draft which thankfully is loaded with talent. But do you spend a Day 2 pick when there are so many other needs? What happens if you get a top 5 pick and Saquon Barkley, who easily has the traits of successful early picks like Leonard Fournette, Ezekiel Elliot and Todd Gurley, is sitting there for the taking? Remember, Miami was looking hard at Gurley in 2015 before LA grabbed him. I don't think those are viable scenarios. Miami probably looks to use one of its 4th Rounders to get a player who can be eased in Year 1. In other words, don't expect a RB rebuild for next year.

The WR situation has now become incredibly complicated due to Devante Parker not elevating himself into the alpha receiver Miami envisioned. He is constantly injured, struggles against press, and is inconsistent with contested throws. When he flashes its eye opening, but too often he racks up garbage time numbers. For this reason I believe Miami will franchise tag Jarvis Landry. He is said to want $13-15 million per year and Miami doesn't seem interested in a long term deal with him. The tag will probably cost about $15 million next year so freeing up money from a few restructures makes this possible. Kenny Stills, Leonte Carroo, Rashawn Scott, Jakeem Grant and Isaiah Ford are all under contract. I don't think Miami makes any roster changes, however, I believe the door will be open for one of those younger guys to step up and supplant Parker. It isn't out of the question for Miami to field trade offers for Parker either. An early 2nd Round offer might do it. (Again people, its not what I would do but rather what I think will happen based on things I'm reading and hearing.)

The TE position does not have a young, hopeful prospect on the roster. Without wasting a heck of a lot of time on this position lets just say Miami probably doesn't have the means to properly address it in 2018. Too many bigger needs elsewhere. Julius Thomas and Marquise Gray are under contract for next year. No way does Miami bring Thomas back at his current $6.6 million. He'd be luck to get half of that and being a Gase guy it wouldn't surprise me if they worked something out. There should be several Day 3 options in the draft who can come in and challenge for a roster spot. Its possible they scout a current rookie who couldn't get off the practice squad and maybe needs more seasoning (Bucky Hodges comes to mind).

Smoke and mirrors will no longer work for QB depth and skill positions. Like 2012, Miami may end up being fortunate to have a top 10 pick in a QB heavy draft. At the very least they can probably grab a starter caliber guy (even if we want the true franchise player). First Rounds options will include Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield. Day 2 options will include Clayton Thorson, Jarrett Stidham, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph and Ryan Finley.

An all purpose RB has to be on that wish list as well. Gase really liked Lamar Miller and pushed hard to sign CJ Anderson. If there is a similar back in the draft I will try to highlight him.

The most difficult decision will be whether or not to pay Jarvis Landry. I think they do it for the short term and believe he, Stills and another receiver will find the same success they did with Tannehill in 2016. Miami really likes Rashawn Scott and Isaiah Ford. I wouldn't be surprised if both are given some snaps down the stretch and in camp to challenge Devante Parker. If Miami looks once again in the draft keep your eyes on New Mexico State's Jaleel Scott.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:26 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Should they decide to use a first pick to draft a QB, which I doubt they do, and they have a conviction on one guy, they may have to move up to at least 5 to get him. If we should happen to get to at least #8 overall, we'd be in prime position to trade back for a team wanting to move up. I expect a run on qb's early. But I'm fine sticking with Tannehill. Though the fact he's 30 gets thrown around a lot, most qb's play until they're 38, anyway. We would have at least 5 years to find and groom his replacement. I'm also fine with taking a shot at a qb in the second round.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:37 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

WR wise, watch them let Landry, trade Parker go and sign Alshon Jefferey. He's a Gase guy. Also watch them dump Caroo. Rumor has it Miami was on the phone making that trade not for Caroo but a CB they liked. The team before them picked him. Caroo was never their guy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:46 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
WR wise, watch them let Landry, trade Parker go and sign Alshon Jefferey. He's a Gase guy. Also watch them dump Caroo. Rumor has it Miami was on the phone making that trade not for Caroo but a CB they liked. The team before them picked him. Caroo was never their guy.

Never heard that rumor. If true, very interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:42 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

zatrex99 wrote:

The that CB would be Kendall Fuller. If rumor is true, then Miami FO are fools. You do not trade up and like just one player, unless the team is on the clock. In this case Fuller was drafted two spots before Miami, as Braxton Miller was drafted the pick before Miami.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

The that CB would be Kendall Fuller. If rumor is true, then Miami FO are fools. You do not trade up and like just one player, unless the team is on the clock. In this case Fuller was drafted two spots before Miami, as Braxton Miller was drafted the pick before Miami.

I can't confirm the rumor, but it makes sense. Why trade up to draft a wr we didn't need, and haven't used much? But how do you not know the player was taken while on the phone trying to make the trade?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:30 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
Should they decide to use a first pick to draft a QB, which I doubt they do, and they have a conviction on one guy, they may have to move up to at least 5 to get him. If we should happen to get to at least #8 overall, we'd be in prime position to trade back for a team wanting to move up. I expect a run on qb's early. But I'm fine sticking with Tannehill. Though the fact he's 30 gets thrown around a lot, most qb's play until they're 38, anyway. We would have at least 5 years to find and groom his replacement. I'm also fine with taking a shot at a qb in the second round.

I read this over and thought about it, I think you are on point. We have to consider what other teams are selling to their players and fan base with the QB position. Another thing that may happen is some young QBs drafted recently may be available in a trade.

Lets take Cleveland for example. They currently have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan and Deshone Kizer. If they plan on using the number 1 pick to get either Rosen or Darnold, would you offer them a 4th Rounder for Kizer? He has the size, arm and seems very intelligent. Not saying that particular situation has to happen but its a thought.

A few things have to shake out in the top of the draft. Sam Darnold has to make a decision and his decision changes everything. Cleveland has to decide if Kizer is worth developing further. Remember, last year people wrote off Jared Goff and he is having a great season in year 2 so sometimes patience is required. Josh Rosen has the arm and accuracy to be borderline elite, but his personality is reminding people of Connor Cook (who fell to the 4th partially for that reason) and he doesn't perform well under pressure. Will Denver hit the reset button or aim for a veteran since they still have a very good defense/supporting cast? Will the Jets be looking at a top QB?

As of right now the only top QBs I'm comfortable taking are Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. Both seem to have IT, and both make wow throws. That is what you look for when spending a top pick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:54 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Great write up Jammer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:56 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

You know your team is awful when you wake up and flip open the ESPN app and the first headline you see under your favorites is: "Dolphins should draft 2 QB's in the first two rounds of the draft"

I didn't even bother reading it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Lets take Cleveland for example. They currently have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan and Deshone Kizer. If they plan on using the number 1 pick to get either Rosen or Darnold, would you offer them a 4th Rounder for Kizer? He has the size, arm and seems very intelligent. Not saying that particular situation has to happen but its a thought.

No, I looked really hard at qb's last year and the only one I thought was worth anything was Patrick Mahomes. I don't want Kiser, even for a 4th. Kessler might be worth a look at for backup. I like McCarron from Cinci and would trade a 2nd for him, though I'm not sure he'd be better than Tannehill.

But if I thought it was time to get a qb and wanted to do so in FA, I'd go big or stay home. If Washington is stupid and has to franchise Cousin's again, I might give up the two 1st round picks to grab him on top of the 30 million a year we'd have to pay him.

I'm also keeping an eye on the Luck situation. There are reports Irsay is unhappy Luck didn't play this year. Could we take advantage and send him our first and Tannehill? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Quote:
A few things have to shake out in the top of the draft. Sam Darnold has to make a decision and his decision changes everything. Cleveland has to decide if Kizer is worth developing further.

That they tried to trade for McCarron tells me Cleveland's going to grab a qb with their top pick. They pretty much have to or their fanbase will revolt.

Quote:
Remember, last year people wrote off Jared Goff and he is having a great season in year 2 so sometimes patience is required.

If you draft a qb high, then you need to be patient. It's rare any qb does well their first year, and those that did had a really good team around them. I think quite a few rookie qb's have failed because they were thrown in before they were ready.

Quote:
Will Denver hit the reset button or aim for a veteran since they still have a very good defense/supporting cast?

While you made a great point about Eli going to Jacksonville, I predict he goes to Denver.
Also don't forget KC will most likely cut ties with Alex Smith.

Quote:
Will the Jets be looking at a top QB?

Probably, but we can always hope they grab the wrong one.

Quote:
As of right now the only top QBs I'm comfortable taking are Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. Both seem to have IT, and both make wow throws. That is what you look for when spending a top pick.

Even if we move to number 5, there is no way we get Darnold if he declares. He goes to Cleveland. Mayfield is who we should look hard at. And it's really important to get in front of the Jets to do so. Rosen I wouldn't want and you think the Giants are targeting him, right?

But like I said, I'm happy to stick with Tannehill and draft one of those other QB's in the second/3rd round. I'll let you tell us who that could and should be. (I really haven't studied any of them yet.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If Miami loses out they'll have a top 5 pick. Lets be honest, that is very possible considering 4 of those 5 games have playoff ramifications for the opponent. With a top 5 pick there is no way they don't consider a QB, and yes its more than likely a Baker Mayfield discussion.

I could be wrong about the Giants and Rosen. Maybe the Giants love Mayfield and take him. In this scenario I punt on QB until Round 2.

Focusing just on the positions for this thread I think the most likely scenario is Miami goes QB in Round 2, RB in Round 4, no drafted WRs, and TE in Round 6 or 7. Their hands are tied with cap and an OL overhaul is probably coming (next thread discussion). Just have to hope with better blocking and a healthy Tannehill they can find their way back to 10 wins. I can't see Ross pressing the reset button and trading away everyone for picks just yet.

If Darnold does not declare it resets the top 5.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
But like I said, I'm happy to stick with Tannehill and draft one of those other QB's in the second/3rd round. I'll let you tell us who that could and should be. (I really haven't studied any of them yet.)

I've mentioned Clayton Thorson. Start keeping a good eye on Auburn's Jarret Stidham. Very Tannehill like with arm strength and mobility, more fluid in the pocket. Just led his team to back to back wins over #3 ranked Georgia and #1 ranked Alabama. Like Tannehill a limited resume as a starter, sort of a gimmicky offense at times. Definite candidate to garner Round 1 discussion. I could see Pittsburgh loving the kid as Big Ben's successor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
If Miami loses out they'll have a top 5 pick. Lets be honest, that is very possible considering 4 of those 5 games have playoff ramifications for the opponent. With a top 5 pick there is no way they don't consider a QB, and yes its more than likely a Baker Mayfield discussion.

That's 3 spots higher than I'd like to see us for the player I think we should draft, more on that when you get to that part of the team. In the top 5 means you go BPA regardless of position. But you would think they would seriously look at a qb drafting that high.

Quote:
I could be wrong about the Giants and Rosen. Maybe the Giants love Mayfield and take him. In this scenario I punt on QB until Round 2. If Darnold does not declare it resets the top 5.

I'm not holding you to anything, but this should be an exciting offseason for the league in general.
However, I'll make some bold predictions now that you come back to and laugh at later.

ELi goes to Denver. (Giants draft a qb)
Alex Smith goes to the Cards.

The Browns get smart and draft Mayfield.
The Jets grab Lamar Jackson.

Miami hold steady with Tannehill and Moore. They don't take a qb in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

I've mentioned Clayton Thorson. Start keeping a good eye on Auburn's Jarret Stidham. Very Tannehill like with arm strength and mobility, more fluid in the pocket. Just led his team to back to back wins over #3 ranked Georgia and #1 ranked Alabama. Like Tannehill a limited resume as a starter, sort of a gimmicky offense at times. Definite candidate to garner Round 1 discussion. I could see Pittsburgh loving the kid as Big Ben's successor.

It'd be oh so nice to hit on sleeper in this draft, 2nd or 3rd round.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
I'm not holding you to anything, but this should be an exciting offseason for the league in general.
However, I'll make some bold predictions now that you come back to and laugh at later.

ELi goes to Denver. (Giants draft a qb)
Alex Smith goes to the Cards.

The Browns get smart and draft Mayfield.
The Jets grab Lamar Jackson.

Miami hold steady with Tannehill and Moore. They don't take a qb in the draft.

I'd lose my mind if Miami simply rolled with Tannehill and Moore. Too much depth in this draft to pass on a potential Moore replacement.

I honestly don't think any of your calls are overly bold, seem very reasonable actually. Denver will have $32 million in cap space, already have Paxton Lynch and Chad Kelly as prospects, and that defense isn't getting any younger. The bigger questions there are Vance Joseph and who will run the offense.

Mayfield to the Browns is better than Rosen in my opinion. They have flooded that defense with talent, have a decent offensive line, and the cap space to sign free agents. You want to talk about a team who could trade for Devante Parker? Cleveland has 3 2nd Round picks and could afford to gamble on him.

The Jets taking Jackson makes a ton of sense. The guy is a playmaker and I'm not sure that team is a place for a pure pocket passer just yet. They need someone who can extend and create.

Smith to the Cardinals might be the only stretch, especially if Arians stays. Doesn't seem to have the arm, consistently at least, to work a vertical offense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Money summary with expected moves:

Miami starts the season with $17 million in cap space. Tannehill restructures saving an additional $5.7 million. Julius Thomas is cut to save $6.6 million (maybe he restructures with an extension but for now we'll say cut). Jarvis Landry gets the franchise tag which we'll ball park at $16 million.

Miami is now hypothetically down to $13.3 million.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
I'd lose my mind if Miami simply rolled with Tannehill and Moore. Too much depth in this draft to pass on a potential Moore replacement.

LOL, I know, i know, but I can see them doing it.

Quote:
You want to talk about a team who could trade for Devante Parker? Cleveland has 3 2nd Round picks and could afford to gamble on him.
I'd take that trade in a heartbeat.

Quote:
The Jets taking Jackson makes a ton of sense. The guy is a playmaker and I'm not sure that team is a place for a pure pocket passer just yet. They need someone who can extend and create.

Actually, since I've been studying the prospects all morning, I'm becoming rather enamored by Jackson. Has accuracy issues and would need to work on his footwork, but what a playmaker. would neutralize our OL issues. I'm starting to like him more than Mayfield. Rosen worries me, and I want nothing to do with Darnold.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Money summary with expected moves:

Miami starts the season with $17 million in cap space. Tannehill restructures saving an additional $5.7 million. Julius Thomas is cut to save $6.6 million (maybe he restructures with an extension but for now we'll say cut). Jarvis Landry gets the franchise tag which we'll ball park at $16 million.

Miami is now hypothetically down to $13.3 million.

If Philadlphia doesn't resign him, we should take a hard look as Alshon Jefferies. You'd basically be signing him and letting Landry go for about 15m ayr, but that might be an upgrade.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:46 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Forgot to add that the returns of Damien Williams and Anthony Fasano will cost an additional $4.5 million. Knock that cap down to $8.8 million. But fear not, the OL money Miami saves will be huge. Stay tuned...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
If Philadlphia doesn't resign him, we should take a hard look as Alshon Jefferies. You'd basically be signing him and letting Landry go for about 15m ayr, but that might be an upgrade.

I'd like to see if Rashawn Scott and Leonte Carroo can give you anything before committing a big money deal.

Just watched some college video of Carroo and it seems clear he was selected to replace Landry. He has excellent hands, tracks the ball well and can make people miss. Didn't realize he was under 6 feet. He might be a bit heavy and that is preventing him from getting separation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:29 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

***Update***

Miami waived Rashawn Scott and claimed TE AJ Derby off waivers from Denver.

Derby is 26 years old, was drafted by New England in 2015 and traded to Denver. He had 35 catches and 2 TDs over the last year and a half. Probably not more than a depth move but there is your young TE to groom for a role. He can both block and catch.

The Scott move is a bit surprising considering Miami really liked his ST value and Salguero said he was outplaying Leonte Carroo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:15 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I'm going to post one more time about our qb situation, then shut up so we can continue.
I spent most of my free time today look at the qb's in the 2018 draft and reading opinions by some trusted sources to try to get a handle on who is who, and what we might do.

Then there is what I wish we would do, which is find that one qb that has the it factor, another Marino, Farve, Montana, P Manning, Russel Wilson to name a few. You can read and watch as much tape as you like, but that one crucial factor is hard to see, much less predict who has it. You can speculate, you can dream, but no one can really predict who has it.

I'm pretty sure Baker Mayfield has it, and if were up to me, I'd try to move up to make sure I draft him. Basically he's the second coming of Russel Wilson with a little bit of Farve in him. In reality, we won't draft him because Gase hates qb's from spread offenses. We have to hope the jets or Buffalo don't take him.

But if we're in the top ten and Gase does decide to draft a qb he can groom and call his own, watch us take Josh Allen. He may have the it factor and he has the strongest arm in the draft. He might need a year or two before is he ready, but he may be that guy.

I also like Lamar Jackson, he might be a better version of Michael Vick, but he could also be the next RG3. Not sure I'd want to take that chance.

And while it would seem that taking a qb with a 2nd round pick is just taking a blindfolded shot at the dartboard, Jammer is on on to something with Auburn's Jarret Stidham. This guy could be the steal of the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
Then there is what I wish we would do, which is find that one qb that has the it factor, another Marino, Farve, Montana, P Manning, Russel Wilson to name a few. You can read and watch as much tape as you like, but that one crucial factor is hard to see, much less predict who has it. You can speculate, you can dream, but no one can really predict who has it.

Spot on. This is the most important part. You need to look for a QB that lifts his teammates, who was those signature wins against the toughest of defenses. This is part of why I really like Jarret Stidham for those recent big wins, for limiting his mistakes, and as analyst Tony Pauline puts it - "he gets it between the ears."

One uncomfortable comment I read about Tannenbaum is you look at his history and its filled with drafting potential over proven football players. Baker Mayfield has proven it. Sam Darnold has proven it. Lamar Jackson has proven it. Even Jarret Stidham is proving it on the big stage.

Please don't go for Josh Allen's "potential" or a system QB like Mason Rudolph (who I liked a lot last year but his limitations have been exposed this year). Get a guy who isn't going to wet himself if asked to start a game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:52 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

You can't hit on a sleeper when you continually don't draft a QB...And keep holding a roster spot(or two) on guys not getting it done.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Another Day 2 option should be Kurt Benkert of Virginia. Can make throws on the run, good enough arm and doesn't seem rattled by the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Not sure if any of you watched the OK vs TCU game yesterday, but I'm starting to think Baker Mayfield has a shot to go first overall.

I understand Cleveland fans will cringe at another Manziel, but this kid is not Manziel at all. He makes things happen in the pocket and his accuracy is pinpoint.

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson have proven that smaller guys with accuracy and arm strength can succeed. The only thing that will hold Mayfield back is if his hands measure too small. That seems to be a proven indicator of NFL failure.

Just like the failure of Suck for Luck, Miami will be just good enough to miss out on this kid.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:01 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
I understand Cleveland fans will cringe at another Manziel, but this kid is not Manziel at all. He makes things happen in the pocket and his accuracy is pinpoint.

You can imagine their worry. He's what they hoped they would get with Manziel, but if they draft him and he turns into the next Manziel, they'll look really stupid. Even if Cleveland passes, the Jets will scoop him up. Or watch Buffalo jump up to take him. Reportedly Owner Pegula was upset they didn't take Mahomes but moved back.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:59 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

There's a good chance this Team goes 0-10 in their last 10 games. I expect some big changes.....Tannebaum, Grier, & Burke out. Gase will get one more year with Tannehill.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Nice win. Probably results in some other team drafting their future super bowl winning QB ahead of us next year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:02 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Eli?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
Eli?

Doubtful. As I wrote before, and was confirmed today by Barry Jackson, most realistic thing is they commit to Tannehill for 2018 but under a restructured deal. They then grab a guy in the draft that Gase likes.

Schefter talked about the idea of Eli last week but I'd bet Eli either stays in NY with a healthier team or gets dealt to Jacksonville. He'd have a much easier road in that division and would get the Tom Coughlin vote of confidence.

I'd guess Miami keeps their eyes on Baker Mayfield/Lamar Jackson Rd 1, Jarret Stidham/Clayton Thorson Rd 2, or Kurt Benkert/Luke Falk/Riley Ferguson in Rd 3 or 4.

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]