Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

The Good

My remote control had working batteries, giving me the option to turn the game off early since I worked the next day.

We'll give Kenyan Drake an attaboy for his 66 yard touchdown run. It was a thing of beauty. But in the grand scheme of things, an insignificant play in what is shaping up to be an insignificant season.

The Bad

294 yards rushing allowed, 548 total yards on offense allowed, 30 first downs, 35 minutes time of possession allowed to the Panthers, 11 of 14 on third downs allowed. The defense was a complete and utter failure. This defense resembled the defense we saw last season, and seems to be breaking down as the season goes on. Obviously some blame goes to the offense for being inept, but the performance against the Panthers was inexcusable.

Jay Cutler also looked inept. Missing easy throws and just looking like the game is too large for him to handle. He picks no one on his team up. He just goes out and sees if he gets lucky. I know Matt Moore is erratic, but at least we him you have the chance of getting a spark during any given game.

The Ugly

Has Adam Gase lost this team? With the trade of Ajayi, has he started losing the locker room a bit? All speculation at this point, but as for the job he is doing right now, the results speak for themselves. His team did not seem to be excited AT ALL while playing in front of a national audience.

We are incapable of winning in the trenches. Our defensive line is getting pushed around, even our high priced defensive tackle. Our offensive line is usually back pedaling on running plays. Hint: you're supposed to go the other way on runs. It's not pass protection, which you are equally bad at.

Overall

After a loss like that, the season seems pointless. It is the second time this season that a team puts a 40 spot on the Dolphins. Meanwhile the offense struggles just to score 3. I doubt we'll ever seen them put up 40 this season.

Next up is our bye week that never was against the Tampa Bay Bucs. Just a continuation of another season full of natural disasters and disastrous football being played by the offense... and now the defense is joining in the fun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
11 of 14 on third downs allowed.

The most damning stat of the game right there. Unless your offense is being led by Marino, Brady or Manning, you are going to get beat. Handily. Anytime. 11 of 14 on 3rd down? Absolutely abysmal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:22 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Jay Cutler also looked inept. Missing easy throws and just looking like the game is too large for him to handle. He picks no one on his team up.

He didn't win when he had more talent, and now that we are at the end of his career he doesn't have much of that. The only thing we are left with is his personality.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
My remote control had working batteries, giving me the option to turn the game off early since I worked the next day.

I find it is less painful to watch if you can find a good movie to flip back and forth from.

Quote:
We'll give Kenyan Drake an attaboy for his 66 yard touchdown run. It was a thing of beauty.

It may have just been the camera angles, but the hole he slipped through looked nonexistent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:41 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rich wrote:
11 of 14 on third downs allowed.

The most damning stat of the game right there. Unless your offense is being led by Marino, Brady or Manning, you are going to get beat. Handily. Anytime. 11 of 14 on 3rd down? Absolutely abysmal.

:) At least during the Marino years you didn't cringe when he had the ball on 3rd and long, and you were happy if the defense forced a third down play. I really miss those years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:26 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

After his 81 completion percentage and 311 yard 3 td no int game vs the Raiders..This game was an inept performance with 59 percent 213 yard 2 td 1 int. But he isn't getting much help and is tough as nails for taking all those sacks..
You gotta give him that. After what we are use to around here..

All awhile he don't even have the luxury of Ajayi.

5 TD's and 1 int in the past two games is inexcusable though. That 114 rating vs the Jets was a mirage because they are in give up mode...Moore would have given us a better chance at winning.. Obviously!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

zatrex99 wrote:
At least during the Marino years you didn't cringe when he had the ball on 3rd and long, and you were happy if the defense forced a third down play. I really miss those years.

And when the defense blitzed, Danny would burn them, not fold up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

I don’t believe the argument is there to label Dan as the best QB of all time, but he definitely has my vote for the greatest passer to ever play the game. He was a true baller and a jock, not a student of the game like a Brady, Manning or Montana.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:42 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

I don’t believe the argument is there to label Dan as the best QB of all time, but he definitely has my vote for the greatest passer to ever play the game. He was a true baller and a jock, not a student of the game like a Brady, Manning or Montana.

GOAT is subjective to how you rank it. Marino's in the top ten though. There is a consensus that Danny was the purest pocket passing QB of all time. He was certainly the fastest to throw the ball. As in decision to throw and then deliver.

Montana was a system QB, and if you ever want to see something that's just crazy watch Bill Walsh's Football Life. He choregraphed his plays where the precise footsteps of a QB let him the QB throw to an open WR. If they took half a step instead of step, they had to wait for the WR to come open.

IMO Peyton is the best all around QB until Rodgers retires and takes it from him. Farve is a close second. (I can't mention Brady, I'm a Phins fan, but I grudgingly think he displaces Montana as the best system QB)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:
At least during the Marino years you didn't cringe when he had the ball on 3rd and long, and you were happy if the defense forced a third down play. I really miss those years.

He had that killer instinct we haven't seen since. (though I think Tannehill has showed glimpses.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:26 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Shula helped Marino learn to play the position by having Marino call his own plays.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

zatrex99 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

He had that killer instinct we haven't seen since. (though I think Tannehill has showed glimpses.)

I remember reading an article one year sometime back in the very early 90s that the two most dangerous QBs to blitz were Dan Marino and Randall Cunningham.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]