All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What is with all of these missed tackles? It's like these players are just picking up a paycheck. The coaches had no answers.

Chris Perkins wrote:
The Miami Dolphins’ run defense was bad in Monday’s 45-21 loss at Carolina. We’re talking 2015 or 2016 bad, when Miami ranked 28th and 30th, respectively, in the NFL. The Dolphins, who entered the game with the NFL’s seventh-best run defense at 94 yards allowed per game, allowed Carolina 294 rushing yards Monday night.

“It seemed like we had some gap integrity issues and missed tackles,” defensive tackle Jordan Phillips said.

It was almost a franchise worst for yards allowed by Miami (341 is the mark), and almost a franchise record for rushing yards by Carolina (298).

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status ... 3117948928

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Horrible all around

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:44 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

The offense is killing the defense....Bad field position, can't stay on the field.

Until we get our qb back the team is in disarray. Complimentary football is how teams win in the NFL. His style of play can get us back to where we were the past 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
The offense is killing the defense....Bad field position, can't stay on the field.

There is something deeper at work here, Kev. Did you see that first drive in the 2nd half? The Panthers cut through our rested defense like a hot knife through butter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
What is with all of these missed tackles? It’s like these players are just picking up a paycheck.

It’s too easy for a lot of these guys to not have that complacent attitude when their team is doing bad and just show up for that fat check.

That’s why I’ve been leaning towards the Hurricanes and CFB the past couple years. The canes having a Cinderella type season certainly helps as well. They’re just a lot easier to get behind.

Tired of this BS and sometimes you can’t help but think that a lot of these players truly are just playing for the check. I’d rather see the guys from the neighborhoods I grew up in back in Miami going all out for The U than these out of state fraudulent clowns wearing Fins colors.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Players are wishing they pissed the coach off early in the season so they could've been traded to a super bowl contender

Just hoping for a win this week so I can feel good knowing the traitor got to watch the dolphins beat the bucs :fart:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:08 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

There is something deeper at work here, Kev. Did you see that first drive in the 2nd half? The Panthers cut through our rested defense like a hot knife through butter.

Well they have been beating their heads against the wall for 9 weeks now..The offense keeps hanging them out to dry week after week..Last night they gave up a short feild on them a couple time,again. And just before half with another qb failure. They are getting worn out.. Oh and this just in. The Panthers are pretty good.

Kiko continues getting exposed over and over. Isn't helping.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Kev1321 wrote:

'bout time I see someone else slam this bum...overrated, overpaid...he's a reacher, a grabber and weighs probably 200 lbs....he's unimposing physically and plays like it....look at his arms, legs...he's got a kicker's physique, probably had to stop the doping and this is his true size....so much for that trade...Maxwell gone for nothing after being in and out of the doghouse and this other guy clearing a cool 6-7m$ a year for running around blocks.....another front office stunner!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
What is with all of these missed tackles? It's like these players are just picking up a paycheck. The coaches had no answers.

Common issue with Miami players. Then they leave and start playing again..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:

How the FO thought Kiko was worth 29 million with 18.5 guaranteed has still blown me away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

How the FO thought Kiko was worth 29 million with 18.5 guaranteed has still blown me away.

:haha .

But he had a good game a month ago.PFF

The defenders hide.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:43 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Kiko continues getting exposed over and over. Isn't helping.[/quote]

Getting exposed is a understatement. He is looking very bad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I remember that "blockbuster" trade for him and Maxwell. I thought we schooled the Eagles and maybe we did but its looking a bit less likely. With the picks involved we got Tunsil but the Eagles used the pick obtained in the trade along with another one (i think) to trade with Cleveland and they picked Wentz.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
I remember that "blockbuster" trade for him and Maxwell. I thought we schooled the Eagles and maybe we did but its looking a bit less likely. With the picks involved we got Tunsil but the Eagles used the pick obtained in the trade along with another one (i think) to trade with Cleveland and they picked Wentz.

They got Wentz and the line instantly got better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Because last year he did a fine job playing MLB, and now he's playing OLB. They need to move him back to middle.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

zatrex99 wrote:
Because last year he did a fine job playing MLB, and now he's playing OLB. They need to move him back to middle.
Still was not worth that. Especially guaranteeing 18.5 for a man who had missed half of his career at that point.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:
Still was not worth that. Especially guaranteeing 18.5 for a man who had missed half of his career at that point.

If he'd played Mike and delivered about the same season this year and next, I'd say he was. I am against squandering good money on average players, being cheap to good players, but really against paying good money to a player and then not using them right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:49 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

zatrex99 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

If he'd played Mike and delivered about the same season this year and next, I'd say he was. I am against squandering good money on average players, being cheap to good players, but really against paying good money to a player and then not using them right.

We disagree on him playing good last year at MLB.... The reason why he was moved..
Look back at all the posts saying he will be better outside.
Anyway it's the contract that is absurd..No reason for it last year and the money is too much for a player his caliber.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]