All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:44 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Tonight, Seattle is reported to have activated our no. 3 overall flop chosen to terrible consequences in the years that followed by dearly departed Jeff Ireland, and I for one wish the kid the best. It's not his fault he was so vastly mis-scouted prior to the draft and thus it is not his fault dumb-a&& Ireland made us pay dearly by trading up (!) to get him. Sure, Jordan made mistakes and I can't say I totally blame him. A 20 yr old, hailed all his life, pampered and spoiled, all of a sudden has millions in his bank account and finds himself in hot land South Beach and he's not likely to make mistakes? It is a miracle it doesn't happen more often.

I hold the Dolphins responsible if there's anyone to blame and so here's hoping Parcells side-kick Ireland, promoted way beyond his skills, is doing fine health wise but working at a local McDonalds.

As all long suffering Fins Fans know former players let go for any number of reasons have a way to come back around and make us question how come we couldn't get that out of them. One that jumps out is The Ginn Family. Wherever he's gone this guy has gone on to become a very productive third, fourth WR and kick returner threat. He can score far and fast, a skill we don't have and haven't had in like for ever. An underlying theme in this matter is that this team has long been questioned about their skills and talents on developing players. Surely coaching staff turnover has a lot to do with that as the new regimes always bring in their own crazy notions and ideas about how to get players to produce, but still, we just can't get players best out of them. Case in point today: Laremy Tunsil. You can throw in Jawan James. And heck, I'll go as far as Hakeem Grant. Was the Grant I saw in preseason flying by DBs a mirage or what?

Anyway, I'll be watching. This out of SI ....

7. Dion Jordan gets back on the field tonight, presumably, and he’ll be wearing a Seahawks jersey. Long forgotten, Jordan was the third overall pick in 2013, and uber-talented. And now, he’s up from 250 pounds to 280.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

He did not get caught up in the hot land and go out partying, thats Johnny football.. Dion was chewing adderal and other PED's while trying to transform himself into a NFL player and learn a playbook.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:58 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
One that jumps out is The Ginn Family. Wherever he's gone this guy has gone to be a productive third, fourth WR and kick returner threat. He can score far and fast.

Did you forget about Kenny Stills? He is younger and a more reliable deep threat than Teddy has ever been.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:02 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Lol teddy had cinder block hands and was afraid to get hit when he was here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:41 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ginn has made a nice career for himself in the NFL. We just drafted him way to high.
Im not sure Jordan will have any kind of a career but when we moved up to get him the consensus was positive. Everyone pretty much liked the aggresiveness.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:56 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
Ginn has made a nice career for himself in the NFL. We just drafted him way to high.

This ^^ Could have drafted him in a later round

Ginn did not suddenly turn it on after Miami. His best year as far as yards was here. He had 3 below average years with SF.
He found chemistry with Cam in Car, and his best year as a WR finally finding the end zone, yet he was not used as a returner that year until the super bowl...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:12 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carrearia wrote:

Did you forget about Kenny Stills? He is younger and a more reliable deep threat than Teddy has ever been.

Kenny Stills does not have the jets Ginn has.

And my point wasn't that Ginn should have been kept, at that point in time I too was sick of his cowardly acts of running out of bounds never trying for the extra yard, and taking the cocoon position after catching a pass over the middle. But he has remade himself elsewhere and that's my point. Other coaches got more out of him and knew how to better use him. In other words, they developed him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
Other coaches got more out of him and knew how to better use him. In other words, they developed him.

Can you rule out the possibility that he matured over the years as well and learned the he couldn’t maintain his failing style of play? And I’m sure you know, ‘jets’ only get you so far in the NFL. The fastest players are usually the least skilled.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:41 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
FINesse wrote:

This ^^ Could have drafted him in a later round

Rumor had it Houston wanted him and they picked right after us. It was a really bad pick considering who we could have drafted. Darelle Revis, Joe Staley.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:40 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
I hold the Dolphins responsible if there's anyone to blame and so here's hoping Parcells side-kick Ireland, promoted way beyond his skills, is doing fine health wise but working at a local McDonalds.

Ireland envisioned him to be the next Jason Taylor. I remember being excited about him and how Ireland actually jumped up in the draft on the cheap. Looking back, you never draft a player that high based on potential and athleticism. If they don't do it consistently at the college level then they aren't going to do it at the NFL level.

10acjed wrote:
FINesse wrote:

This ^^ Could have drafted him in a later round.

Ginn (& family) was going first round. I never understood why we didn't keep him. I get tired of this team getting rid of talent just because he doesn't fit your system. Which team doesn't need a speedy deep threat and a good kickoff returner? Anyways, while I was disappointed that we gave up on him, I was tired of him always running out of bounds to avoid the hit. I think Parcells was, too, and wanted tough minded players.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:50 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Man, Dion really shined last night... He sure showed us

:fart:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
Man, Dion really shined last night... He sure showed us

:fart:

He actually had a sack and 3 QB hits last night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:59 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I was tired of him always running out of bounds to avoid the hit. I think Parcells was, too, and wanted tough minded players.

These guys simply get paid too much money to pull BS like that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He will let you down, Pete.

'Mando wrote:
Jordan collected a sack and three quarterback hits in Seattle’s victory over Arizona.

“Guys are fired up about how hard he played and how tough he played,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said after the game.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:11 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Hooplah piece by the Herald..

Jordan got to Stanton late in the 4th when Az was trailing by 12 points and trying to pass their way back into it....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Hooplah piece by the Herald..

Jordan got to Stanton late in the 4th when Az was trailing by 12 points and trying to pass their way back into it....

People, reporters specifically seem to lack perspective on A LOT of issues today...

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]