Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

All signs are pointing to "yes".

Barry Jackson wrote:
Pouncey has a $9 million cap hit if he’s on the team in 2018, $2 million if he’s not. Considering the Dolphins’ offensive line is weak enough as it is, it would be surprising if they part ways with their most skilled lineman barring a recurrence of his hip injury. But more value is needed for that money.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Barry Jackson wrote:
Pouncey has a $9 million cap hit if he’s on the team in 2018, $2 million if he’s not.

Yeah. Unless he suits up the rest of the season, I don’t see the office nerds bringing him back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We need to draft QB, OL, OL, LB, WR, OL, OL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Same s***. Different year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:04 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

This team needs to draft virtually all O line and now a running back. QB would be a luxury....and one that is wasted if the line remains a sieve. Tannehill will be back and good enough for a team that is rebuilding.

Question is, after Gase is fired what will the next coach want to do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:18 am 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Makchell wrote:

This.... 1000%

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:30 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
This team needs to draft virtually all O line and now a running back. QB would be a luxury....and one that is wasted if the line remains a sieve. Tannehill will be back and good enough for a team that is rebuilding.

Question is, after Gase is fired what will the next coach want to do?

A guy that hasn't stayed healthy in two years and making 20 million is good enough..No possible other options out there..

I just hate to think of starting a season without our top ten qb.. And of course you have to keep the best backup around. Just wish we had more roster spots.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

They probably will not. He's a Gase guy, they like his leadership and they won't look to create another hole.

My guess is his contract is restructured and they draft a guy to groom behind him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:56 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

A few weeks ago Gase got the praise from the Don ... now we have him fired after 2 seasons?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Gase isn't going anywhere. We were on him last year after a 1-4 start. At the end of the season it was like "hey we found our coach"... this year he sucks again. I'd give this a few weeks. he just lit a major fire under the team this week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Gase isn't going anywhere. We were on him last year after a 1-4 start. At the end of the season it was like "hey we found our coach"... this year he sucks again. I'd give this a few weeks. he just lit a major fire under the team this week.

I'm all on board with Gase...This is the guy. Not so sure about the front office though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

I'd take QB off that list unless one that Gase is in love with is sitting there at our pick. We'll have Tannehill as the starter next year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:14 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I'd take QB off that list unless one that Gase is in love with is sitting there at our pick. We'll have Tannehill as the starter next year.

Are you sure about that? He does have a love for Cutler.

Anyway our 20 million dollar man will be back..And after sitting for 2 years he will be fresh as a daisy... Sitting and learning will take him past his previous top ten rankings.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:09 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We'll have Tannehill as the starter next year.

I'd say yes, but his cap might be an issue. We need insurance behind him. He has improved but there are still questions about him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

I'd say yes, but his cap might be an issue. We need insurance behind him. He has improved but there are still questions about him.

We could trade him for Luck before Indy gets smart and hires a new GM.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

Said it a bunch before and I'll say it again. Miami can restructure his contract to make his cap hit around $14 million for next year which saves them $6 million.

He will be back as the starter per Ian Rapapport last Thursday. He's already running and throwing (if you've seen the pregame videos of him).

Some (well one) here may not like it but that is what the brass has decided.

The most likely cuts for next year were Byron Maxwell and Julius Thomas (one already done). Thomas is a Gase guy so I bet they cut him and re-sign him to a much smaller deal. He will not have a market.

Miami's tougher decisions will be if they want to extend Jarvis Landry, William Hayes, Damien Williams and Michael Thomas. If my math is correct they can open up about $35 million in cap space by several cuts and restructures.

I expect them to draft multiple interior linemen (including Pouncey's future successor) and a QB in Round 2 or 3 who they might be able to compete with Tannehill sooner than later. Don't be surprised if David Fales is considered as a backup option for next year. It was a little telling that they didn't promote Brandon Doughty but that also could be due to PS eligibility if he's called up.

I don't think Cutler returns as a backup nor will Miami pay him what he wants again. They'll probably let Matt Moore test the market but its clear now they have zero interest in him starting for a long stretch. Gase referred to Fales as a "gamer" so maybe he gets to be the next Matt Moore.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:14 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The only catch I see to my above post is if Miami practically loses out the rest of the year and has a top 7ish pick. In that case they may look at Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold and aggressively push all their chips on to the table for that guy.

Nothing they've said nor any rumors suggest a move like that to this point, but did anyone expect KC to make a huge trade for Patrick Mahomes?

If anyone recalls, when Tannehill was injured last summer there was an interview with Jay Glazer where he said the brass was crushed because they expected Tannehill to make a big leap this year. So again, there isn't any evidence to suggest he's gone regardless of our opinions.

Sorry to make this QB talk. I don't think Tannehill or Pouncey are going anywhere next year. Nor is Suh for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:51 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

zatrex99 wrote:

This team was 0-7 midway thru the 2011 season and couldn’t even lose properly to get the guy with a draft pick. We ain’t getting him now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

This team was 0-7 midway thru the 2011 season and couldn’t even lose properly to get the guy with a draft pick. We ain’t getting him now.

I was joking. I'm one of the few that thinks we will be just fine with Tannehill. And that 20 million dollars a year is just fine, it's average for a starting QB.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Nothing they've said nor any rumors suggest a move like that to this point, but did anyone expect KC to make a huge trade for Patrick Mahomes?

I was a fan of trading up to get him and thought you'd have to move to Cleveland's pick at 12 for a shot. I didn't see KC as a contender for him, but thought Arizona would grab him at 13.

Of course I also thought it was huge, desperate mistake for Houston to move up and grab Watson. Was really wrong about that.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]