Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
A day after his team was embarrassed 40-0 by the Baltimore Ravens on national television, a disgusted Dolphins coach Adam Gase said Friday he’s fed up with his best players not doing enough studying, said his offense is too predictable because he has had to simplify it excessively to compensate for delinquent player preparation and threatened personnel changes.
“I’m pissed,” he said of an offense that is scoring fewer points per game (13.1) than any other team in the league. “I’m tired of this. I’m tired of the offense being awful. I am going to play the guys that know what to do. The fan base might not like it, but oh well. We’re the worst offense in football. It’s hard to go lower than that.” ...

How long have there been issues with not studying enough? “Two years,” he said. “I’ve been addressing this for a while. I’m kind of fed up with it.” ...

We got too many guys that don’t want to take it home with them. Until our best players put forth some effort, it will be [expletive].”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/m ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

That was some press conference. There is no turning back from some of those comments.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I can't wait to see the starting lineup versus Oakland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Coach is responsible. He needs to instruct and motivate. If he can't do it, then look for someone who can.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:57 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

jammer wrote:
I can't wait to see the starting lineup versus Oakland

it might be scary bad...well it is Halloween, so that would be appropriate.....but, really, who do you take out? You can bench that bum TE with the - I hate the word - "ties" to Gase but that's an invisible move. After talking tough like this then he should go after Ajayi? Landry? Tunsil? James? Sitting Bushrod or the LG, yawn, the guys in their place will get the QB killed. If Cutler is back there again with sore ribs and he's given a bunch of practice squad guys around him, might as well forfeit the game. And really, one has to question his leadership and/or that of his assistants. If this problem has been going on for two years? Discipline anyone?

So, there just isn't much wiggle room. Positions are only two deep at best and if the backups are better they would have been in there already, so no, I think this is more from our Boy Wonder blowing hot air again, as he did back a few weeks ago. He really has got nowhere to go but to lose face with these pronouncements that he can't deliver on. Wait. There is one guy. Maybe he ought to look in the mirror and bench "that" guy. Someone else should call the plays, I don't care who....the Las Vegas stripper can't do much worse. She probably loves the "end around".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd expect a few people to get benched. He should be on the phone with Matt Darr. Stupid punter always seems to shank a punt when it matters most. That's not the complete fix but a start. Bench players not playing well. Make some trades and light a fire.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:47 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Sounds like Ajayi was one of the culprits so maybe Damien Williams or Kenyan Drake starts. Perhaps two o-linemen get benched and the backup receivers get more snaps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:26 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

maybe....but Damien Williams couldn't get out of his own way the other day and Drake has been so far in the dog house this season that it may take a while for him to reappear....and this BS Gase said about Ajayi trying to hit homers and should take the 4, 5 yard gain?? Where has the space been for a 4, 5 yard gain Mr. Gase? If it's on the other side of the wall of flesh created by our offensive linemen being man handled and thrown into the backfield maybe we should seek permission from the league to use a trampoline for Ajayi to leap over tall buildings and continue on his way to this imaginary 4, 5 yard gain......

...C'mon, Man!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I'll add this - rumors on Twitter that Landry trade talks may be heating up before Tuesday. I know Landry is a guy who frequently loses yards after trying to hit a "home run". Is it possible Gase is talking about Landry on screens as well as Ajayi trying to bounce outside for big runs?

Word is teams are offering a 2nd rounder for Landry. The only credible sources I've heard on this are Benjamin Albright and Matt Cannata. Albright followed up with the rumors being denied.

Should get interesting.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]