Try riding on this train, Deadspin. We are confused as well.
With Thursday’s 40-0 loss in Baltimore, the Dolphins have firmly established themselves as the NFL’s most nonsensical team. Take stock of what Miami has accomplished through seven games:https://deadspin.com/the-miami-dolphins ... 1819916552
* Shut out twice
* Only a garbage-time touchdown on the game’s final play kept them from being blanked a third time
* A minus-60 point differential, which trails every team save the Browns (minus-66) and the Colts (minus-103)
* A three-game winning streak
* An offense that entered Week 8 ranked 29th in DVOA
* A defense that ranks in the middle of the pack across the board, except for being third in third-down efficiency (32.9 percent) and 31st in the red zone (75 percent)
The Dolphins are totally unpredictable.
In a bizarre season in which seemingly every team stinks, the Dolphins have truly made an effort to make their level of effort a mystery. Gase looks like a genius one week and an incompetent the next. Regression and luck carry no weight in Miami. This team is simultaneously inspiring and a letdown.