View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pete Prisco - top 50 players: Bottom Half (26-50) 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Pete Prisco - top 50 players: Bottom Half (26-50)
Pete Prisco wrote:
29. Jake Long, T, Miami Dolphins: He's a rock on the left side of the Miami line. He's improved greatly as a run blocker, and he excels in pass protection. He had one bad game -- the opener against the Falcons -- and then played at a high level in 2009.

40. Brandon Marshall, WR, Miami Dolphins: The Denver Broncos tired of his act, but they will miss his ability. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he is strong and knows how to get open. A new team will be good for him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1355 ... y-task/rss

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Pete Prisco - top 50 players: Bottom Half (26-50)
I would have ranked both of them a couple of slots higher, but I have to see the 1-25 and see what WR's and OT's are higher than those first.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:16 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd say Marshall would definitely be in the top 20 to 25 players.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He came out with his Top 25 yesterday. No Dolphins on are on it. I am surprised that he ranked LT Ryan Clady ahead of Jake Long. I don't think he is the 13th best player in the league.

PRISCO: TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NFL

Quote:
1. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts: He turned 34 in March, but he is still playing at a high level. Some Colts insiders say he had his best season in 2009. Could he actually be getting better?

2. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots: It's trendy to bash him and say he wasn't the same player he had been in 2009. I don't buy it. His yardage total was the second-best of his career.

3. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints: Winning a Super Bowl helps his cachet, but he's just outside the Big Two. Win another one, and we might have to re-think that.

4. Darrelle Revis, CB, New York Jets: Revis Island is a quarterback's nightmare. He is now the best cover player in the NFL, and there's great value in that, which is why he's clamoring for a new contract.

5. DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Dallas Cowboys: His sack numbers fell from 20 to 11 last season, but he is still the elite pass-rushing linebacker in the league. He has also improved against the run.

6. Chris Johnson, RB, Tennessee Titans: His 2,000-yard season makes him a big jumper on this list. Now he has to get his contract issues behind him and show he can have another big season.

7. Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: This quiet receiver -- yes, there is one -- is the game's best. He is big, strong and fast. He's in his prime now.

8. Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: The only knock on him is his fumbling problems. He has big-play speed, and he can run inside the tackles.

9. Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego Chargers: Many will say this is way too high, but I think he's an elite passer now. He averaged 8.8 per attempt last season, best in the league.

10. Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis Coltss: He had 13½ sacks in only nine starts, limited by injuries. When he's healthy, there is no better down edge rusher in the game.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]