View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Source: Miami Dolphins showing interest in RB Harvey Unga 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Source: Miami Dolphins showing interest in RB Harvey Unga
Mike Berardino wrote:
Source: Miami Dolphins showing interest in Harvey Unga
by: Mike Berardino

Harvey Unga’s Pro Day is still about 2 1/2 weeks away, but you can count the Miami Dolphins among the 20-plus teams that plan to be in attendance.

The source said the Dolphins were simply doing their “due diligence,” taking a look at a player who is a bruising weapon at 6 feet and 237 pounds. In three full seasons at BYU, Unga made himself the leading rusher in school history with 3,455 yards (5.0-yard average) and 36 touchdowns.

He rushed for at least 1,087 yards in each of his healthy seasons after being redshirted following an injury just three games into his true freshman year.

Drafting Unga is expected to cost at least a 2011 fifth-round pick, and the Dolphins already appear overloaded in the backfield with Ronnie Brown coming back from foot surgery, Ricky Williams making noises about delaying his retirement plans, Patrick Cobbs coming back from knee surgery and Lex Hilliard entering his third season after getting a decent look late in 2009.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Source: Miami Dolphins showing interest in RB Harvey Unga
hmmmm.... he seems to run very upright

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:52 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

If he is oft injured, then I don't see why the fins would even have interest in drafting him? That is their biggest issue with Ronnie Brown and the reason he does not currently have a contract extension in place.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would vomit if they were to use a draft pick on this guy. He's not that good, injury prone, and a running back.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He's worth taking a look at, and worth a 5th round pick, but I don't see it happening. Parcells does not like injury-prone players and Parcells has a set of rules that he goes by when he builds a team. There aren't many exceptions.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I wouldn't give up anything better than a 6th and preferably a 7th round pick on any "special draft" guy. Very few of these guys ever work out. There's usually a reason.

A 7th round pick and stuff the guy on the practice squad....that I can live with. But I don't expect Parcells to go even that far.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:36 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

We need a RB at this point, though I am not sure Mr. Unga is the answer. This Ronnie Brown thing should really be bothering people. He is unsigned and does not need to sign until the start of the regular season. Otherwise we are left with fading Ricky Williams, Cobbs coming off of a season ending knee injury, and Hillard.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:42 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

catman_56 wrote:
We need a RB at this point, though I am not sure Mr. Unga is the answer. This Ronnie Brown thing should really be bothering people. He is unsigned and does not need to sign until the start of the regular season. Otherwise we are left with fading Ricky Williams, Cobbs coming off of a season ending knee injury, and Hillard.

Unga is a talented kid, but the fact that he is injury prone leads me to believe Miami will not use a draft pick on him. There is a question about his speed also.

As far as Ronnie not being signed yet, I understand why Miami has not signed Ronnie yet. Brown probably wants elite level money, and while he may be an elite talent, he has not been able to stay healthy.

As far as Ricky Williams is concerned, the "fading" RB was the 10th leading rusher in the NFL last year with 1,121 yards on 241 carries and a 4.7 yard average and 11 rushing touchdowns. You don't won't Ricky carrying the load at his age, but he still is productive.

I definitely look for Miami to draft a RB in the 2011 draft.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Who?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
He's worth taking a look at, and worth a 5th round pick, but I don't see it happening. Parcells does not like injury-prone players and Parcells has a set of rules that he goes by when he builds a team. There aren't many exceptions.

He's not worth anything if he is unlikely to even make the roster.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:34 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Iowafin wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

He's not worth anything if he is unlikely to even make the roster.

We got Chris Clemons and Tyler Thigpen for 5th round picks recently and they're valuable players at positions of need. Parcells and co seem to use them to fill glaring needs. I wouldn't trade either of those guys for Unga.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]