View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 P Turner and Brandon Marshall 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post P Turner and Brandon Marshall
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 8973.story

Quote:
Ask Turner how motivated he is to prove he's not the draft bust most Dolphins fans believe he is, and he answers firmly and without blinking.

"That time will come," he says. "I'm going to take full advantage of it."

Even with the trade of Ted Ginn Jr. to San Francisco this offseason, that time may not come this year for Turner. Not with a top four of Marshall, Hartline, Davone Bess and Greg Camarillo at the receiver spot.

However, Turner is still optimistic he will eventually get his shot with the Dolphins.

"Most definitely," he says. "I'm going to come out here and compete just like I did last year, and we'll see what happens."

The interesting thing about that is Brandon Marshall mentioned in his MDC presser that every Wr, the #1 guy or the practice squad Wr have meetings where they critique each other, that could really help Turner who came from Pete Carrol's pampered USC program, nothing like hearing the truth from a All Pro to force a change.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: P Turner and Brandon Marshall
If he's going to prove us wrong on him not being a bust, he'll have to do it with another team.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I think the skill set Turner has is no longer needed. He's tall, slow, doesn't run crisp routes, and couldn't do anything at the end of the year to stay active much less play in games. We've got Marshall now and 3 other guys who are extremely sharp route runners and possess outstanding hands. We don't need Turner. if any of the FA receivers in camp can exhibit speed and decent hands I think Turner is gone. Speed is the one thing I think is lacking in the core 4 receivers.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:23 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I wouldn't count him out so fast. The season is long and 1 injury to a WR could put him into the rotation if he makes it out of training camp. This report is making it seem like he has a grasp of the mental part of the game, if that proves true then a 6'5 slot guy could be a great target near the end zone or 3rd-and-whatever situations.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

keebler_kahn wrote:
I wouldn't count him out so fast. The season is long and 1 injury to a WR could put him into the rotation if he makes it out of training camp. This report is making it seem like he has a grasp of the mental part of the game, if that proves true then a 6'5 slot guy could be a great target near the end zone or 3rd-and-whatever situations.

More or less, and we really haven't seen him play very much, just maybe 15 plays last preseason.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:16 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

padre31 wrote:
keebler_kahn wrote:

More or less, and we really haven't seen him play very much, just maybe 15 plays last preseason.

Which is my point. If you can only play in 15 plays in the preseason, that should be an indication that you aren't getting it done.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

keebler_kahn wrote:

6'5" guys don't play in the slot...they are out wide for fades in those situations. Regardless, you don't make a team based on the potential of injury or the potential of what he could do. They make the team based on what they have done in practice, hard work and intangible things...such as situational football and football smarts.
Does Turner possess any of that? I don't know, I'm not at practice, but my instincts tell me he'll be looking for a job come August.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]