View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Yeremiah Bell and Bill Arnsparger inducted into UK HOF 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Yeremiah Bell and Bill Arnsparger inducted into UK HOF
:yay: :yay:

Quote:
Yeremiah Bell is officially a Hall of Famer.

The former George Rogers Clark and Eastern Kentucky University standout was inducted into the Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame Friday night at the Lexington Opera House.

Bell joined Bill Arnsparger, Cris Dishman, Joe Jacoby and Gary Shirk as the hall’s Class of 2010. Former Cleveland Browns running back Jim Brown received the prestigious Blanton Collier award. In addition, the NFL’s Paul Hornung also was honored during the ceremony.

Bell was inducted by retired and legendary Eastern Kentucky coach Roy Kidd, who coached Bell during his four-year career with the Colonels. Bell was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the sixth round of the NFL Draft in 2003 and made the Pro Bowl last season. He signed a four-year contract worth $20 million in 2009.

In receiving the induction, Bell was humbled by the honor.

“This achievement is an important achievement in my career, but more importantly, it is an honor to be recognized among such distinguished gentlemen,” he said. “To be mentioned in any Hall of Fame is a tribute, but to be mentioned in my home state of Kentucky is a blessing. Standing in front of you tonight is a moment that will be forever cherished and remembered for as long as I live.”

http://www.winchestersun.com/stories/20 ... 933501.sto

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]