View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Coaches have approached Ricky about being a team leader 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Coaches have approached Ricky about being a team leader
Uh-oh. The last time he was a promoted to a team leader he didn't last the summer. Hopefully that is all in the past.

Quote:
The evolution of Ricky Williams is complete: Dolphins coaches have approached him about being a leader on this team and he says he's up to the task. He points to small signs in his position group of running backs being followed, like his trademark routine of sprinting 20 or 30 yards downfield after every play in practice.

"Now all the running backs are doing that,'' he said.

No one works harder than Williams. He also said, at this point in his career, he understands what makes a locker room work toward winning or against it.

"Like people complaining, giving negative energy,'' he said. "I'm not hesitant to say that's not how you should act. I'm not someone to get in someone else's face. But if I hear someone complaining about practice or a teammate or whatever, I'll say, 'Let's be positive.' ''

Last year, Dolphins coaches saw leadership as a problem as the season progressed. That might be why they drafted six team captains this April. It's also why Williams has been asked to do more than carry the ball this year.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]