View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Miami Dolphins: Saturday’s minicamp report 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Miami Dolphins: Saturday’s minicamp report
Quote:
If I were a fantasy football geek (and I’m not) Miami Dolphins tailbacks Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams would be reasonably high on my list of players to draft.

Dump down passes to the backs have been Henne’s favorite throw.

But there have been opportunities to go down field to receivers and tight ends during the three practices Miami’s had, and Henne is NOT taking them.

I’ve covered football for a while, and so I know there are things coaches specifically want players to do during drills, days, minicamps, seasons. We usually don’t know those things. Maybe Henne was instructed to throw to the tailbacks because he sparingly did it last season. I don’t know.

But I do know 7-on-7 drills isn’t the time to be throwing checkdown passes. It’s the time to challenge a defensive back and a secondary by showing off the arm, and that’s rarely being done by the Dolphins’ starting quarterback.

Even though Davone Bess is primarily working in the slot while Greg Camarillo and Brian Hartline serve as the starters, Sparano said the “next best guy” will line up as the starter opposite Brandon Marshall, who the coaches plan to move around regularly.

Sparano said it’s significant that Jerry is taking snaps with the first team, but admitted the game has got to slow down a bit for the former Ole Miss standout.

Charlie Anderson and Koa Misi have consistently worked as the starting outside linebackers during minicamp.

Cameron Wake continues to work with the second team outside linebacker, but he does get elevated to the starting unit in the nickel and dime packages. Wake smoked Richie Incognito so bad on a line stunting drill Saturday morning he received a high-five from the team’s D-line coach and teammates…..

Dolphins RBs Kory Sheets and Tristan Davis are working as possible kickoff returners. Both exhibited decent speed. Sheets potentially has an extra gear.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... ?wpmp_tp=1

Sat May 29, 2010 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]