View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ronnie Brown is upbeat about his return from foot surgery 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Ronnie Brown is upbeat about his return from foot surgery
Quote:
DAVIEThe broad smile is back.

So is the Eddie Murphy lilt in his voice and the easy laughter that punctuates his statements.

Those are your first hints things are looking up for Ronnie Brown in his return from surgery on his right foot after suffering a Lisfranc fracture 6 1/2 months ago.

Is the Dolphins' star running back and primary Wildcat triggerman on schedule?

"I think I'm a little ahead," Brown says with veteran minicamp set to start Friday and run through Sunday. "The foot feels pretty good. It's real exciting."

He still has surgical screws inside his foot, which he is careful to keep tucked atop his healthy left foot as he leans against a wall answering questions at the Dolphins facility.

And while he was held out of team drills during the May 19 practice that was open to the media, he did manage to participate in some skeleton drills, flaring out for passes in the flat, even taking a direct snap.

Why, there was even a report Brown had dusted Ricky Williams by 20 yards in a post-practice sprint. OK, so the report came from Williams, one of Brown's closest friends on the team, but it still piqued the imagination.

Was it true?

"A little bit," Brown says, laughing. "But I don't know if [Williams] was running for real. We were in a workout. He might have been a little tired."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Thu May 27, 2010 12:44 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Ronnie Brown is upbeat about his return from foot surgery
Quote:
Why, there was even a report Brown had dusted Ricky Williams by 20 yards in a post-practice sprint. OK, so the report came from Williams, one of Brown's closest friends on the team, but it still piqued the imagination.

Was it true?

"A little bit," Brown says, laughing. "But I don't know if [Williams] was running for real. We were in a workout. He might have been a little tired."

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Lol.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]