All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27018
Location: Miami, FL
I work with a die-hard Broncos fan. I wanted to get his take on Gase as conventional wisdom is that he didn't have to do much because Peyton Manning was his QB.

This is what he said - "From everything I know about Gase, you guys got the real deal."

He added that Gase is two things:

1. An excellent Xs and Os guy who can adjust his system to the talent and can change the gameplan from week to week, quarter to quarter and drive to drive.

2. An excellent people person who can relate to all sorts of different personalities and is good at building relationships

He said that when Elway fired everyone, he wanted to keep Gase, but he needed to send a message. Also note, Fox immediately took Gase with him to Chicago.

He said that Gase's impact on Peyton Manning is understated because Manning is Manning, but that Gase played a huge role in setting up a system around Manning that took advantage of Manning's strengths, hence the record-breaking season. He also said it is no coincidence that the Broncos offense has gone downhill since Gase left.

Interesting insight from a Broncos fan. Most fans tend to rip former coaches.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:08 pm 
Offline
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:07 pm
Posts: 250
Interesting indeed. Best detailed praise I've seen of recent miami coaches.
Let's hope it can translate to the Fins. :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:42 pm 
Offline
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2278
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Come on Rich. Don't try and spin this into something that might give us hope. :hithead: :haha


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
The one thing that I read Gase say that I absolutely LOVED, was that he will game plan specifically for every team they face, aka, a different game plan every week.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:13 pm 
Offline
2017 Survial Champion
2017 Survial Champion

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am
Posts: 77
Location: ontario canada
don't tell me we might get a coach who does not believe that a square peg can be MADE to fit in a round hole!


Last edited by coldfin on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:53 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 462
no more go..go-go..... :haha


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 6764
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
The bus got a brand new engine.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:39 pm 
Offline
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 614
Even I am feeling more positive. It is good if he changes game plans week to week. In our division its crucial.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3549
Maybe we need to scrap the bus and get a new one. That last one never really took us very far.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:06 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rich wrote:
I work with a die-hard Broncos fan. I wanted to get his take on Gase as conventional wisdom is that he didn't have to do much because Peyton Manning was his QB.

This is what he said - "From everything I know about Gase, you guys got the real deal."

He added that Gase is two things:

1. An excellent Xs and Os guy who can adjust his system to the talent and can change the gameplan from week to week, quarter to quarter and drive to drive.

2. An excellent people person who can relate to all sorts of different personalities and is good at building relationships

He said that when Elway fired everyone, he wanted to keep Gase, but he needed to send a message. Also note, Fox immediately took Gase with him to Chicago.

He said that Gase's impact on Peyton Manning is understated because Manning is Manning, but that Gase played a huge role in setting up a system around Manning that took advantage of Manning's strengths, hence the record-breaking season. He also said it is no coincidence that the Broncos offense has gone downhill since Gase left.

Interesting insight from a Broncos fan. Most fans tend to rip former coaches.

Homer!!!! Its all a bunch of puffery!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:07 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
phinsfansc wrote:
The one thing that I read Gase say that I absolutely LOVED, was that he will game plan specifically for every team they face, aka, a different game plan every week.


Sounds like Bellichek


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:43 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:55 am
Posts: 619
bobby0112 wrote:
Come on Rich. Don't try and spin this into something that might give us hope. :hithead: :haha



You mean like last year when they signed SUH and everyone projected Miami to have a shutdown defense? :boo:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:20 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:50 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Honolulu, HI
Thanks for this Rich. :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:45 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 pm
Posts: 553
I'm sure Manning's age has nothing to do with the decay of the offense. Or the injuries on the Oline. But what do I know? I'm not a die hard Broncos fan who has all the insight on how the team functions.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:54 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 pm
Posts: 553
MiamiMenace wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:
Come on Rich. Don't try and spin this into something that might give us hope. :hithead: :haha



You mean like last year when they signed SUH and everyone projected Miami to have a shutdown defense? :boo:


Or when Saban came to town. Or when Culpepper came to town. Or when Parcells came to town. Or when Bush, Marshall, Dansby, Ellerbe......literally every signing is heaped with praise until proven otherwise. No Packer fan sad a bad thing about Philbin and no Cowboys fan bashed Sparano.
It's just Rich didn't happen to work with them and had the ability to share the anecdote of how the fan just loves the coach and all the wonderful things he brought to the team.

I have a friend who loved Joe Philbin. Do you guys want to hear that story?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:03 am
Posts: 122
Location: South Carolina
[quote="drew]I have a friend who loved Joe Philbin. Do you guys want to hear that story?[/quote]

Only if she's hot... anything other than that we'll pass.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27018
Location: Miami, FL
drew wrote:
I have a friend who loved Joe Philbin. Do you guys want to hear that story?


Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27018
Location: Miami, FL
drew wrote:
I'm sure Manning's age has nothing to do with the decay of the offense. Or the injuries on the Oline.


All valid points...

Quote:
But what do I know? I'm not a die hard Broncos fan who has all the insight on how the team functions.


...diminished by petty, derisive sarcasm.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AQNOR, pauspe, shularino and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r