View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Salgueros' notes from today's OTAs 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Salgueros' notes from today's OTAs
Quote:
Quickie OTA notes and observations
Here are my quickie reactions to today's OTA practice.

The injured first: Patrick Turner, Brandon Marshall, Jason Ferguson, Channing Crowder, and Reggie Torbor were not in practice. Ronnie Brown and Will Allen, both out much of 2009 with injuries, worked but are clearly not 100 percent. Marshall declined to say what injury he is nursing.
---
It was jarring to me that Quentin Moses was working first-team strongside outside linebacker. Charlie Anderson was the other first-teamer at weakside. The second team was, interestingly, manned by the players who most fans and media hope and expect will actually be on the field because they seem more explosive -- Cameron Wake and second-round pick Koa Misi.

Wake told me he's not concerned about not being first-team right now.

Joe Berger, who played very well at the end of 2009, took first-team snaps ahead of Jake Grove, who worked with the second-team.

Brown looks strong and healthy. He said he has not signed his restricted free agent tender but obviously will do so eventually. "I haven't signed but I pretty much have," he said with a shrug.

Clearly a new long-term contract is not imminent.

Donald Thomas, who was exclusively a right guard the last couple of years, worked with the first team at left guard today. He was first team at LG while Richie Incognito worked with the first-team at RG.

With Crowder sitting out today's work, newly acquired Tim Dobbins took the first team snaps at inside linebacker alongside Karlos Dansby.

Posted by Armando Salguero at 11:55 AM

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz0oOMiSafp

Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]