View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins hosting free agent Cory Proctor 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Miami Dolphins hosting free agent Cory Proctor
Quote:
by: Omar Kelly May 19th, 2010 | 7:46 PM
Former Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman Cory Proctor has received a number of NFL suitors since the Cowboys released him last week, and it appears the Miami Dolphins are one of them.

According to a league source, Proctor will be visiting the Dolphins on Thursday, and if things go well this guard/center could possibly get re-united with Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, his former position coach.

Since being cut by the Cowboys, which wanted to avoid paying Proctor the $1.759 million tender he signed, the former Montana standout has visited the Broncos and Patriots.
----
Procter, who is 27, was active for every game in 2009 but saw only brief action at center and guard. In 2008, Procter started 11 of 16 games at left guard with Kyle Kosier suffering a serious foot injury that kept him out for most of the season. Procter started two games in 2007.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/05/miami-dolphins-hosting-free-agent-cory-proctor.html

Thu May 20, 2010 6:26 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: Miami Dolphins hosting free agent Cory Proctor
Not a need, but possibly a desirable, inexpensive luxury. I was at the Carolina game last year when we ran out of OL.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rusjen wrote:
Not a need, but possibly a desirable, inexpensive luxury. I was at the Carolina game last year when we ran out of OL.

Yes and Center seems to be the most desired position... I was reading that Grove was working with the second team, this I believe is to get his current back up more familliar with the first team incase Grove gets hurt again...

Grove is a great center, and so long as he is healthy I dont see him losing the starting role.. But we need depth on the line as we all saw at that game last year....

Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Sparano said that they were in open competition and Berger and Grove would be switching strings day-to-day.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

10acjed wrote:
Rusjen wrote:

Yes and Center seems to be the most desired position... I was reading that Grove was working with the second team, this I believe is to get his current back up more familliar with the first team incase Grove gets hurt again...

Grove is a great center, and so long as he is healthy I dont see him losing the starting role.. But we need depth on the line as we all saw at that game last year....

I have heard specualtion that Grove may get traded or cut to free up more cap space. If the talent dropoff from Grove to Berger isn't very significant, I can't see keeping Grove as a backup with that hefty salary.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:50 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

joeschmoe wrote:

I have heard specualtion that Grove may get traded or cut to free up more cap space. If the talent dropoff from Grove to Berger isn't very significant, I can't see keeping Grove as a backup with that hefty salary.

Very well could be... I liked Groves performance, our line was definately better with him on it. But if Berger can match him, and we get Proctor maybe trading him wouldnt be a bad idea...

Although freeing up cap space in an uncapped year isnt really needed... But I think it does carry over to the next season somehow even if we kept him this season...

Thu May 20, 2010 10:54 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

10acjed wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

Very well could be... I liked Groves performance, our line was definately better with him on it. But if Berger can match him, and we get Proctor maybe trading him wouldnt be a bad idea...

Although freeing up cap space in an uncapped year isnt really needed... But I think it does carry over to the next season somehow even if we kept him this season...

If Grove gets cut or traded I would be shocked. But if he got traded with Smiley to St. Louis for Jason Brown and Atogwe I would be ok with that.

Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

Although freeing up cap space in an uncapped year isnt really needed...

Well that's just it, you can move him without taking the cap hit. If you wait to move him until there is a cap again, you're better off just keeping him.

Fri May 21, 2010 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]