View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Could DT Vince Oghobaase be this year's rookie FA find? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Could DT Vince Oghobaase be this year's rookie FA find?
Quote:
VINCE OGHOBAASE
Duke
# 6'5ΒΌ"Height
# 303 lbs

OVERVIEW
Oghobaase is a big body with power to hold the point when he plays with good pad level. He has enough size and strength to be interior linemen in a 4-3 scheme or move to a defensive end position in a 3-4 front. Oghobaase has lots of potential to develop but needs more consistency with his technique (hand use, moves and counters, ability to separate) to become a productive player at the next level. His durability, endurance and natural instincts to react quickly are concerns but he could answer many of those questions this spring as we approach the 2010 draft. Oghobaase is a bit of a project but his length and strength give him a chance to play in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

ANALYSIS

Strengths
Oghobaase has excellent height and good bulk for a defensive lineman. Displays the versatility and intelligence to play either inside for a 4-3 team or defensive end in a 3-4 scheme. Blessed with natural strength and power which he utilizes to make plays in the backfield and bull-rush the pocket.

Weaknesses
Has durability questions after missing the 2005 season with a knee injury and dealing with a foot injury last spring. Inconsistent and sometimes sloppy with his hands. Needs to expanded pass rush moves. Inconsistent reactor, who can be caught out of position. Struggles with his pad level. Endurance is an issue -- can be worn down during longer drives.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed May 05, 2010 4:46 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Could DT Vince Oghobaase be this year's rookie FA find?
Brian Biggone wrote:
Dolphins defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers has resuscitated the career of Randy Starks and turned third-round pick Kendall Langford into an NFL starter. Now Rodgers faces another project in Duke defensive end Vince Oghobasse.

Oghobasse (6-foot-5, 305 pounds) started 44 games for the Blue Devils after being rated the No. 7 defensive tackle in the nation coming out of Alief Hastings High School in Houston. Although he was honorable mention All-ACC twice and was named third-team All-America last season by The Sporting News, he was passed over in the NFL Draft last month and has yet to play up to his potential.

Oghobasse said he was recruited by many of the nation's top football schools, including Miami and Oklahoma, but decided on Duke after visiting there twice.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... s_dolphins

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I think Vince and Travis Ivey have a shot at making the team.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:16 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Maybe. I don't know anything about either him or Ivey, but I hate the idea of carrying Ferguson around for 8 games when he can't play...plus he's old.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:45 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I know Ivey is way out of shape and if he wants to find a spot on the practice squad he has to lose some 25lbs before Camp starts.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I wonder why they haven't explored using Oghobaase as a NT?
:???

Wed May 05, 2010 7:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
Maybe. I don't know anything about either him or Ivey, but I hate the idea of carrying Ferguson around for 8 games when he can't play...plus he's old.

I totally agree......kind of a head scratcher indeed but on the other hand they're probably not paying him much like it matters in an uncapped year anyway...does anybody know if you take up a roster spot when your suspended?..

Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]