View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Channing Crowder Underwent Foot Surgery 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Channing Crowder Underwent Foot Surgery
Quote:
Channing Crowder Underwent Foot Surgery
Fri Apr 30, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The Sun-Sentinel reports the fractured right foot Dolphins LB Channing Crowder suffered two plays into the Game 15 home loss to the Texans last season required surgery to repair the problem. “Yeah, I had a little something, but it wasn’t that serious,” he said. “They just had to go in there and adjust some things and move it around.” When pressed for details, he laughed and suggested I “talk to HC Tony Sparano.” Crowder said he started running again about a month ago and was upbeat about his recovery, which he admitted is “slowly progressing.” “It’ s a slow injury,” he said. “It’s getting there, and I’m ahead of schedule. I’m trying to catch Ronnie [Brown]. That’s my goal. He was seven weeks ahead of me in this injury. I’m walking him down a little bit. We’ll see where it’s at. I’m trying to get into minicamps and OTA’s and stuff.”

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Channing Crowder Underwent Foot Surgery
Hey drafting 4 LB's and trading for 1 made sense, now it really makes sense.

We might very well start this year with 4 new starting LB's than we had last year.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Crowder needs to get back in there. If he takes too long to recover he might not have a job when he returns. Tim Dobbins and the two rookies will be gunning for his job and may take it by the time it's all said and done. He's going to have to come in and compete hard if he wants to remain a starter. With the emphasis on improving the linebacking corps this offseason nobody except Dansby and Wake are safe in my opinion. There are going to be some heated battles in training camp.
:goteam:

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:11 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The guys from UniversalDraft.com has a piece up on Tim Dobbins and I like what I saw from that young man. Channing is going to have to fight his rear end off to keep his job and it would not surprise me if Dobbins wins the job.

As Omar Kelly pointed out, Dobbins was as productive as Crowder was as a part time starter for the Chargers.

Sat May 01, 2010 9:54 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
The guys from UniversalDraft.com has a piece up on Tim Dobbins and I like what I saw from that young man. Channing is going to have to fight his rear end off to keep his job and it would not surprise me if Dobbins wins the job.

As Omar Kelly pointed out, Dobbins was as productive as Crowder was as a part time starter for the Chargers.

I couldn't agree more. When the trade came down on draft day my immediate thought was that crowder will have to fight to keep his job.

Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]