View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Salguero: Miami Dolphins GM finds comfort zone 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Salguero: Miami Dolphins GM finds comfort zone
Quote:
By ARMANDO SALGUERO
asalguero@MiamiHerald.com
Before the draft, which he calls ``my Super Bowl,'' Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland admits he felt nervous, maybe even a little anxious. He felt prepared because the Miami front office typically is, and he also had his game face on because he's nothing if not intense.

But sometimes uncertainty is difficult to manage.

``I get nervous because you can't do anything about the guys that are going off the board before you, and there are a lot of guys on the board that you like

``Bill doesn't have that relationship with too many people. Most people would take it personal, and I don't. I just bark back at him. That's how it works.

``We collectively make a decision, and if we're not all three on board with it, it probably doesn't get made. That player is not selected.''

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross was in the same room with Parcells, Ireland and Sparano during this draft. When it was over, the owner asked Ireland how he felt.

``I feel good right now,'' Ireland responded.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/25/1 ... z2youptebf

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Salguero: Miami Dolphins GM finds comfort zone
He's made his mark with the last two drafts...this draft added a lot of depth, and a playmaker in Koa Misi. I wasn't very statisfied with it because I felt there was more talent out there than Miami took, but the guys they took will contribute. This is his Super Bowl? I think Miami should be contending for the actual one this coming season.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]