View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 whos our TE in 2010 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post whos our TE in 2010
do you think Fasano gets the nod ? at the end of the season Miami basically said thanks for all you did but c ya l8er. . Sperry had is on game breakout ,not sure about haynos, and i dont think Nalbone will get a shot though idk. I figured we wwould address this position in the draft l8er rounds dorin dickerson was there i though for sure we would snag him up.. but it makes me wonder if Parcells is satisfied with wat we got . . . .

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:32 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: whos our TE in 2010
Miami needs Anthony Fasano to bouce back to the solid TE he was in 2008. John Sperry and Joey Haynos round out the group. John Nalbone is the wildcard. He has the size, speed to be a vertical threat and ability to be a strong inline blocker, but I remember him really struggling with drops during camp, which lead to him not even seeing the field.

Since Miami did not bring in a TE in this draft, they need Fasano to step up and hopefully Nalbone to be what they thought he could be.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:30 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I never heard anything about the regime trying to rid having Fasano. Yeah, he was a bit inconsistent at times last year, but every indication points to this being his job to lose, unless they make a trade that we don't know about.

So who is our tight end? Anthony Fasano, if he reverts back to the 2008 season that he had, he can be a valuable weapon in the offense and even more so now with the addition of Brandon Marshall.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:37 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I'd like to see more out of Haynos' gigantic 6'8" frame!

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

You would think that they are going with the status quo here since they didn't draft another TE.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Fasano with Haynos in the red zone and running plays

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Fasano has to have the edge for now.......but if someone else outplays him during camp, then there could be a competition for the starting job. As of today though Fasano is the best on the roster.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Our tightends are primarily used as blockers, so if they can't do that well enough then they won't get a significant amout of playing time. We are still a run first team in my mind, even with us getting Marshall. I think Marshall was brought in to be a big play guy that Henne can find on play action or on 3rd and long.
With regards to the tighends, I think Fasano will bounce back this year. Last year he had a little fumble-itis, but I'm sure that can be worked out this offseason. That and I'm not sure the chemistry between Fasano and Henne is there yet, but again I'm sure that will be worked out this offseason.
The guy who I would most like to see get some increased playing time is Kory Sperry. From what I've seen the kid has great hands and a nose for the endzone. I would love to see us utilize him more in the redzone. As far as Haynos and Nalbone, I think Haynos still wins that battle because of his blocking skills and playing experience. I personally don't think we need a tightend that badly because I like what we've got.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:37 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

well i can tell u it wont be scott sicko

Quote:
Scott Sicko will take his ball and go home

By Doug Farrar

From Night Train Lane to Kurt Warner(notes), the NFL has been graced with the talents of many undrafted players who went on to Hall of Fame careers. Often, the snubs are used by the players to drive them to greatness, and the resulting successes are often used as inspirational "anything can happen if you work hard enough" fodder for people in every walk of life. Odds are that of the 2010 undrafted class, a handful of players will go on to make significant differences for their teams and for the league.

Here's one thing we know: Scott Sicko will not be one of them. Sicko, a former New Hampshire tight end, made his position clear -- if he was not drafted, he would not play professional football. This despite definite interest from several teams, including the New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Dallas Cowboys, after the draft ended.

"Some people will think I'm absolutely out of my mind, and I understand it," Sicko told Mark McGuire of the Albany Times Union on Saturday night. "I completely see where they're coming from. ... If I were to be drafted I would have had more confidence of a much longer career in the NFL. I have to look at my life and decide what will make me the happiest. And the thing that will make me the happiest now and in the long run is to pursue my education."

The decision to pursue one's education in place of a pro football career is an understandable (and commendable) one. But that doesn't seem to be at the heart of Sicko's decision -- it appears to be more about the prestige of having a draft pick attached to one's name. And that's where the decision seems odd. If Sicko had legitimate NFL potential -- and judging from the way the Cowboys were pursuing him (basically telling him that he'd likely have a roster spot), it seems he did - why should it matter? Do we really think that the guys drafted in the last 10 spots of the seventh round are feeling that much better than the players who were signed as undrafted free agents soon after? Is Sicko upset because he won't get a big to-do like Tim Toone, the 2010 Mr. Irrelevant, will?

There are advantages to the UDFA process -- some players actually prefer to go undrafted if they're not picked up by, say, the late sixth round because they have more choices. If Sicko had been drafted by a team very deep at his position, he may never have received a chance. This way, he could pick and choose the best situation for himself. But now, that will never happen.

Sicko intends to go after a post-graduate degree in history, but one history lesson might do him some good before he closes the book on a potential NFL future. There's a long list of people who have transcended the status he feels he's above, and that's worth considering. He is a big (6-4, 251 pounds) tight end with good speed and productivity at the Colonial Athletic Association level. Why not give the NFL a try, even if it isn't on his terms?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Scott-Sicko-will-take-his-ball-and-go-home?urn=nfl,236491

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
...... John Sperry

Kory but I know who you meant :yay:

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
I'd like to see more out of Haynos' gigantic 6'8" frame!

Honestly, I think you will. He's become more of a threat than Fasano because of his size. He was flexed out a lot last year...I think Miami wants to continue that...flex him and get some favorable matchups.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:40 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If our Tight Ends improve from last year and Fasano bounces back, we will be fine. I don't think a team has to have a Gates, Gonzalez, or Shockey type tight end in order to have talent at the position. Give me a great blocker and a decent pass catcher. We don't have to have a pro bowl tight end in order to have success.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]