View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 pm



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Top Selling Jerseys 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8923
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Top Selling Jerseys
It looks like a lot of Dolphins fans believe that Tannehill can be legit.

Johnny Football #1? Well, there is a lot of hype about him, and I am a fan myself. I'm not sure what he'll do in the NFL. I thought Tebow would be a good QB in the NFL, so, obviously my college evaluation of QBs is not all that.

Michael Sam at #6? :hithead:

Image

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/20 ... -sales.pdf

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4579
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
Knew we should drafted him, coulda been # 1 for once....


:angry:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:55 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5831
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
Dave, Sam at #6 is EXACTLY what the NFL and Rams were hoping for. He draws a new and larger audience to the game, brings in dollars for the short term.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 555
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
HOW IS TOM BRADY STILL A TOP 10 JERSEY SELLER??????

Did the pats put out a new alternate or something?

I mean seriously, Not even hating on the dude right now, but how can you possibly be a top selling jersey. He's been on the same team with the same uniform design for 13 years.. The Parcells Pats jerseys were gone before brady started....

White jersey, red throwback, blue.... theres a silver alternate.... and whatever other nonsense camo jerseys and such.

Point is, anyone that WANTED a brady jersey..... should have one by now... I mean seriously. I know, new alternate jerseys, and some of us will buy new alternate Marino Jerseys... but yea... they aren't top 10 overall player sales.

I get Manning.... he's only been a Bronco for 2 years...... But how is Brady a top sales jersey. That is mind boggling.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21573
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
SkyHigh314 wrote:
HOW IS TOM BRADY STILL A TOP 10 JERSEY SELLER??????

Did the pats put out a new alternate or something?

I mean seriously, Not even hating on the dude right now, but how can you possibly be a top selling jersey. He's been on the same team with the same uniform design for 13 years.. The Parcells Pats jerseys were gone before brady started....

White jersey, red throwback, blue.... theres a silver alternate.... and whatever other nonsense camo jerseys and such.

Point is, anyone that WANTED a brady jersey..... should have one by now... I mean seriously. I know, new alternate jerseys, and some of us will buy new alternate Marino Jerseys... but yea... they aren't top 10 overall player sales.

I get Manning.... he's only been a Bronco for 2 years...... But how is Brady a top sales jersey. That is mind boggling.


Because he's like... one of the best QBs ever... maybe?

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8923
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
SkyHigh314 wrote:
HOW IS TOM BRADY STILL A TOP 10 JERSEY SELLER??????

Did the pats put out a new alternate or something?


Man, I can't tell you how many Marino jerseys that I have. If I was a Pats fan I'd have several of them.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 555
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
Dave,
I have 6 Marino jerseys.....

bought in:
95- authentic green, before the logo change.... kids Medium (wife wears it now)
99- White replica
03- Orange replica
06- Blue alternate replica
08- authentic 80's throwback White
12- Black out

Yea so like i said... I get it. We will buy our favorite player over and over again. I am not questioning that. I try and get a jersey or two per year..... so I would say i am definitely a little more aggressive when buying jerseys as a fan.... I know there are people that invest way more than me.... but I know more people that might have one or two jerseys total....

All Im saying is... Brady hasnt had many logo changes, or excessive amounts of era based alternates... and has been on the same team for a long tenure.... I am really surprised that he is a top 10 active jersey sale!

I wouldn't doubt that he will be, or already is a top 10 jersey sale for an ALL TIME list.... I just think it is crazy that in his 15th season as a Patriot, he is a top 10 jersey in the offseason .... that just boggles me.

Rich i see your comment... and I am not disagreeing with you.... but lets just say.... Summer of '99. Was Marino a top 10 jersey?? (and if he was, remember miami had a recent logo change, something tom doesnt have)


Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8923
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
Tanny is outselling Luck. What the hey?

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1169
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
jammer wrote:
Dave, Sam at #6 is EXACTLY what the NFL and Rams were hoping for. He draws a new and larger audience to the game, brings in dollars for the short term.


Let get this straight. People are fans of a football player just because hes a homosexual?

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3816
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
I get the Brady argument , he's no Tannehill.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6532
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
Let get this straight. People are fans of a football player just because hes a homosexual?

Yep.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:10 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5831
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
Steve Zissou wrote:
jammer wrote:
Dave, Sam at #6 is EXACTLY what the NFL and Rams were hoping for. He draws a new and larger audience to the game, brings in dollars for the short term.


Let get this straight. People are fans of a football player just because hes a homosexual?


Well obviously most 7th round picks crush the jersey sales of top 10 players. Please tell me your reply was sarcasm?

I have zero problem with people supporting him or becoming fans for that reason. Its no different from someone supporting a player because he share theirs ethnicity, hometown or even religion (see Tebow insanity).

My point is the NFL and Rams love that they can make money off of Sam's celebrity.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1169
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
jammer wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:
jammer wrote:
Dave, Sam at #6 is EXACTLY what the NFL and Rams were hoping for. He draws a new and larger audience to the game, brings in dollars for the short term.


Let get this straight. People are fans of a football player just because hes a homosexual?


Well obviously most 7th round picks crush the jersey sales of top 10 players. Please tell me your reply was sarcasm?

I have zero problem with people supporting him or becoming fans for that reason. Its no different from someone supporting a player because he share theirs ethnicity, hometown or even religion (see Tebow insanity).

My point is the NFL and Rams love that they can make money off of Sam's celebrity.


I hear ya bro. You're right about the Ram's & NFL amking money off of the celebrity gimmick.

I personally think its weird to cheer for someone because of their sexual preference. People don't cheer for Rex Ryan because of his foot fetish haha But I don't think its even close of a comparison to Tebow. He was arguably the greatest college in the past twenty years, & known for being an exceptionally good person, as well as a great team mate. The only reason Michael Sam is famous beyond SEC defensive player of the year is because he made himself into a spectacle, not too dissimilar to Manziel & Miley Cyrus imo

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:49 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5831
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
Steve Zissou wrote:
I hear ya bro. You're right about the Ram's & NFL amking money off of the celebrity gimmick.

I personally think its weird to cheer for someone because of their sexual preference. People don't cheer for Rex Ryan because of his foot fetish haha But I don't think its even close of a comparison to Tebow. He was arguably the greatest college in the past twenty years, & known for being an exceptionally good person, as well as a great team mate. The only reason Michael Sam is famous beyond SEC defensive player of the year is because he made himself into a spectacle, not too dissimilar to Manziel & Miley Cyrus imo


You're right on Tebow, he had a big following prior to the NFL. But some of the media ripping him for his outspoken Christian beliefs definitely created an even bigger fan base for him. I know a lot of parents who said he is the athlete/role model they want their children to emulate.

I think Sam is handling it very well. He started drifting toward the dark side with the Oprah show wanting to film his every move and I fear how she might edit the material to dramatize and manipulate the situation. A big reason I hate reality TV...its not reality.

I'll add this, I'd much rather see my kids in a Sam jersey than a Manziel jersey.


Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6532
Post Re: Top Selling Jerseys
But some of the media ripping him for his outspoken Christian beliefs

But the media praises Sam for his beliefs. one way...


Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finster and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.