View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Report: Mike Pouncey clear of any bullying punishment 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Report: Mike Pouncey clear of any bullying punishment
Quote:
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 15, 2014, 7:03 AM EDT

According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the NFL indicated that Pouncey wouldn’t face any kind of suspension from the investigation, with a league spokesman saying: “I don’t anticipate having to address the issue again.” ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... unishment/

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Report: Mike Pouncey clear of any bullying punishment
Good. Now a question I've not seen anyone ask. If this man is recovering from hip surgery that will keep him out the first month of the season, then why is he in a night club?

IMO, this is another example of poor choices from him. Does Miami want to invest in a player who makes bad choice after bad choice and is not showing any signs of changing?

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I understand the sentiment that Pouncey's judgement seems poor. However, I think some of us are getting way ahead of ourselves.

He has not been arrested. He does not have a history of repeated dumb personal fouls on the field. His biggest crimes to this point would seem to be wearing a stupid hat and going to a club to celebrate his birthday. His involvement in "bullygate" is unclear to us, and not bad enough for the league to suspend him even a game.

Before we light our torches, grab our pitchforks and ready the hangman's noose, let's remember that football in the trenches is a violent, brutal game and it takes a certain kind of guy to play it well. Pouncey is that kind of guy. If you're not comfortable with that, go watch tennis.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

k-dash wrote:
I understand the sentiment that Pouncey's judgement seems poor. However, I think some of us are getting way ahead of ourselves.

He has not been arrested. He does not have a history of repeated dumb personal fouls on the field. His biggest crimes to this point would seem to be wearing a stupid hat and going to a club to celebrate his birthday. His involvement in "bullygate" is unclear to us, and not bad enough for the league to suspend him even a game.

Before we light our torches, grab our pitchforks and ready the hangman's noose, let's remember that football in the trenches is a violent, brutal game and it takes a certain kind of guy to play it well. Pouncey is that kind of guy. If you're not comfortable with that, go watch tennis.

Lets not forget the tweet about having the rookies buy him some stuff, right after the bullygate ended. Not saying Miami should not resign him, but is it just a matter of time before the law of averages catch up to his stupidity?

He was at a club to celebrate his B/Day? Why? He has a hip issue that I would think needs rest, not a night on the town.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:51 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

:hithead:

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]